Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:

Harry Kane didn't have a touch in the Italian box all night. Not one. That's mental.

Kane epitomises the English press perfectly. He is lauded but is limited in his gameplay.

Just now, Ric said:

I'll be honest here, as a Scot we shouldn't celebrate the failure of England. As an ardent nationalist, the anti-English vibe is unhelpful and somewhat parochial. That said, it's with no relief that Italy won.

😂 f**k off. It’s a game of fucking fitba ya nonce.

21 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Did England have a shot on target after their goal, scored in the 2nd minute of a cup final being played at home, their first in 55 years, that went for a full 120 minutes?

The stats suggest they had 1.

Adding up the minutes played this equals 1 shot on target in the 133 minutes following their goal.

Woeful really.

Just now, Melanius Mullarkey said:

😂 f**k off. It’s a game of fucking fitba ya nonce.

Fighting talk, eh? :P

We shouldn't revel in an English defeat, we've been doing that since 1314... instead we should get behind a (possible) Scottish victory!

1 minute ago, pandarilla said:
20 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
Did England have a shot on target after their goal, scored in the 2nd minute of a cup final being played at home, their first in 55 years, that went for a full 120 minutes?

Harry Kane didn't have a touch in the Italian box all night. Not one. That's mental.

Probably a discussion for another day .. but Southgate played Kane so deep it was strange .. all the "experts" saying he was out of form but not seeing he was the top of the diamond/midfield/whatever .. he only ever got into the box when he fed a player wide and continued his run into the box .. where he scored four times.

Otherwise he was just in the midfield mix and wasted.

I'll be honest here, as a Scot we shouldn't celebrate the failure of England. As an ardent nationalist, the anti-English vibe is unhelpful and somewhat parochial. That said, it's with no relief that Italy won.

Nah, f**k them. They treat us with utter contempt so I will take a massive amount of pleasure in watching their hearts being broken yet again. It nourishes me.

1 minute ago, Ric said:

Fighting talk, eh? :P

We shouldn't revel in an English defeat, we've been doing that since 1314... instead we should get behind a (possible) Scottish victory!

It may have escaped you but Scotland were not playing in tonight’s match Richard (the blue team were Italy).

Thus revealing in the defeat of another sporting team’s hubris is perfectly normal.

6 minutes ago, Ric said:

G9vXZFC.gif

5 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

and a screenshot, since he'll delete it when he sobers up.

image.png.3257876935a3cc5a753d5115bf4c2c87.png

Whole number of bizarre tweets on his account. Clearly taking it excellently

Just now, jamamafegan said:

Nah, f**k them. They treat us with no tree contempt so I will take a massive amount of pleasure in watching their hearts being broken again. It nourishes me.

I totally get that, I similarly devour such morsels put before me, but equally I realise that independence shouldn't rely on the failure of others.

That said, I fully concur with anyone who suggested I raised my fists and shouted "yes" as Sako missed his penalty.

Probably a discussion for another day .. but Southgate played Kane so deep it was strange .. all the "experts" saying he was out of form but not seeing he was the top of the diamond/midfield/whatever .. he only ever got into the box when he fed a player wide and continued his run into the box .. where he scored four times.
Otherwise he was just in the midfield mix and wasted.
Your pundits were giving it - Kane is dropping deep tonight and dragging the Italians all over the place. England lose and Southgate gets blamed for playing Kane so deep.

Quite amusing that the system that got England to the final is now under scrutiny. To the surprise of absolutely no one.

2 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Nah, f**k them. They treat us with utter contempt so I will take a massive amount of pleasure in watching their hearts being broken yet again. It nourishes me.

ffs .. trust me, only moonhowlers are talking about Scotland tonight. Why would England care about how well the Scotland team is doing more than, say, Celtic care about how Falkirk are doing. Yeah, they are close by but .. ffs.. get real .. 

1 minute ago, Melanius Mullarkey said:

It may have escaped you but Scotland were not playing in tonight’s match Richard (the blue team were Italy).

Thus revealing in the defeat of another sporting team’s hubris is perfectly normal.

Don't be distracted by my magnanimous reaction to the result, I derive great pleasure from England losing. ;)

I’m with Danny Baker here. That’s a massive f**k up from the Badger. I’ve no idea where he can go from here. A semi and a final with it on a plate coming up to pens and he makes some dreadful decisions. How much does he get paid along with the rest of the back room staff? 

The goodwill of the nation will carry him through though including all that invasion shit he came away with.  I reckon they’ll be QF at best in the World Cup with Southgate.