Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

England the better team in the first half, but thereafter it was a tactical and technical masterclass from Italy. If they had a decent striker they'd be tremendous.

This could be a massive sliding doors moment from England, if they'd won the confidence would have been sky high and they might have become a decent force.  They won't have a better opportunity than the last World Cup draw, and particularly this competition.  They are a good side but not on a par with the very best. Agree with the points they should have tried to kill it off after HT.

Shame for the poor young lads who missed pens, hopefully they bounce back.

Absolutely over the moon England lost from the point of view of the media though. All this coverage beforehand about how this is a different team with a different mentality, and how Southgate is some psychology genius was so much horseshit.  You wait til you've won something before that kind of chat.

Well played Itsly, great entertainment all tournament.

2 minutes ago, Shuggie_Murray7 said:

I’d never have watched football again if a team with Declan Rice and Kalvin Phillips in their midfield won the European Championships.

It'll be great if they end up against Argentina with that midfield.

It worked against every team they faced, but they never faced a single side with a decent out and out "10".

Denmark obviously didn't have Eriksen, and the rest of the sides until.tonight were dross. Once Italy took Immobile off and had the 3 floating in the spaces around these two England were fucked.

Messi would bag about 6 goals.

24 minutes ago, ICTChris said:

It’s a real missed shot for them.

That's a massive understatement, not since '66 have the Gods favoured England in terms of location and partisan crowd.

btw, could I just say, unconnected to my first point, there are fireworks going off around our neighbourhood. Now, it should be known that I live in Govan (the posh part, of course) which normally celebrate Rangers winning, I feel that is a step forward.

3 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

Unlike Scotland who just shat their bed immediately .. err, yeah, embarrassing stuff for England to lose on penalties .. in the final

When they could be cheering on five other countries instead ..

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSS

8 minutes ago, SoloXI said:

What a night to be Scottish!

Fantastic achievement by Steve and the boys. And the Tartan Army!!

The way they cheered on five other countries in their bedsits until one won is the stuff of legends.

And onto the World Cup .. err .. well, err .. maybe look after your TVs .. youll need them .. as usual to watch England .. yet again.

Grapes for sale, sour grapes goin cheap.

4 minutes ago, Fratelli said:

That photo will go down in history.

Also, having Saka (the least experienced player on the pitch) hit the 5th pen when he hasn't ever taken one for Arsenal feels fucking bonkers.

Complete f**k up from Southgate. All on him I’m afraid.

11 hours ago, SoloXI said:

Nailed on. Scotland's best ever international result in their history.

Steve Clarke and the boys will be very proud tonight of what they achieved.

Maybe a parade in Glasgow for the heroes of 2012?

2012?

Edited by Jacksgranda
Typo