Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Just now, RandomGuy. said:

Bernardeschi - Has bollocks, steps up and strokes in a vital penalty to get Italy back on track.

Grealish - Doesn't volunteer to take a penalty ahead of a CB and a 19yo kid.

The case rest, m'lord. 

Good point. 

1 minute ago, RandomGuy. said:

The delusion never ends. Long live the delusion.

Yep, they won’t be at home again at a tournament probably for the rest of most of the squads career. And all the big teams bar Germany were in the other side of the draw.

Genuinely feel bad for the English players who missed, young lads like Saka and Rashford missing in those circumstances.

Overall I’d say Italy deserved it, they fought back from a terrible first half to dominate the second and probably had the better chances. 

The commentators saying that this is just the start for this England team and maybe it is but they will never have a better opportunity to win a tournament than this, playing at home and with the draw they had. It’s a real missed shot for them.

I'm showing face so you can aim all your pent up energy my way and so I don't get accused of hiding away. 

That was some game, we were unlucky overall. I knew we would lose on pens if it went down to that. After all is said and done we have had an excellent tournament that will live very long in my memories. Well done Italy, they deserved it. Feel sorry for Pickford the most, made a good few saves during the match, 2 penalty stops then the subs let him down. Would have taken the on form players to take them over than the cold subs tbh. 

Bring on the World Cup. 

Just now, TheScarf said:

Yep, they won’t be at home again at a tournament probably for the rest of most of the squads career. And all the big teams bar Germany were in the other side of the draw.

It's great. Total blindspot to the fact other sides will also have youngsters coming through, the best young player in the tournament was Spanish, for instance.