Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

Actually, Ive realised what must have happened when you started to "work in the industry"  :
Guy 1 : "Weve got this new guy called Frank starting today .. he seems an absolute fud. Lets prank him .. make out that the coupons are really valuable and we can only get them by special delivery from the overnight train from London .. once a week"
Guy 2 : "Ah, come one, no one is that stupid to believe that"
Guy 1 : "Wait till you meet Frank."
Four years later and no one has had the heart to break it to Frank that they were messing with him.
Frank : "Can you phone London and ask the typesetters to print out some more coupons for the train on Friday"
Guy 2 : "Err, yeah, sure thing Frank .. I'll phone London up right now" (*pushes print on the small printer*)

istockphoto-1170062473-612x612.jpg

8 hours ago, SoloXI said:

Especially amusing was not just your incredibility that printers can be the size of microwaves, nor that these mythical machines would be operated by coupon fairies (as the concept is that far out) ... but the assumption that the coupon fairies would need to work through the night to be able to print out the coupons.

When did you "work in the industry"? 1864? 

"incredulity" is the word you were looking for here m22

6 hours ago, PauloPerth said:

Normally I despise such tactics, but in these more enlightened times it's important to be welcoming of foreign cultures and habits.

Hey, it would just be Italy being 'streetwise'. That's how it works now according to the English press after Sterling's antics in the semi final. 

On 09/07/2021 at 23:06, SANTAN said:

I've already said I dont expect us to win against Italy but this tournament has surpassed any previous experiences as an England fan and even if the Roman's pump us 5-0 I'll still be happy with how we actually managed to look efficient in knock out stages against good opposition.  So as @SoloXI says it's a win win for me, if we lose I'll still have fond memories but if we win I'll be beyond ecstatic! 

So, what you're really saying is that you've never been to Ibrox or Wembley?

18 hours ago, JMDP said:

You have to worry for @SoloXI if Italy win. Could be a Super Sunday meltdown for the ages on here. 

Aye. Only mentioned "result doesn't matter, they're heroes regardless" the 8 times. A clear sign they'll meltdown if England lose.

Add in their clear BNP tendencies, and we're all set for Sterling missing a sitter and getting slaughtered.

24 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Just in case any of you are still unsure whether to support our southern neighbours tonight! IMG_1625994378.441406.thumb.jpg.579a07e83673e83dd69e7b2a1dcc9b7c.jpg

Farage supporting a group of players he called Marxists a few weeks ago is nearly making me support England tbh .

1 minute ago, sparky88 said:

Farage supporting a group of players he called Marxists a few weeks ago is nearly making me support England tbh .

Lozza Fox is now a supporter aswell it's quite the thing to see the turnaround 

22 minutes ago, Dunfermline Don said:

Just in case any of you are still unsure whether to support our southern neighbours tonight! IMG_1625994378.441406.thumb.jpg.579a07e83673e83dd69e7b2a1dcc9b7c.jpg

Lazy comment. He doesnt represent me or millions of others. Dickheads like Johnson, Hancock, Pitel, Gove et al can GTF. Sat outside pub in London just now. Great to see how multicultural the support is today- loads of  fans  from BAME communities out already wearing England tops. Sat next to a group of Geordies and chatting to them about Clough and Jack Charlton who were original members of Anti-Nazi League back in the 70s.