Euro 2020 Final - England vs Italy

smpar

9 hours ago, SoloXI said:

Folk going to go well menstrual on here  if England play well.

But .. the Tartan Army could be giving each other hugs of achievement for cheering on Italy if they prevail. 

I suggest you do something "special". No one has ever seen England lose a major final.

Because in years to come, your grandchildren will ask you "where were you when Scotland won its greatest international result". And you can shrug a "dunno" with a wry smile while remembering you were actually fondling a goats jaffas in a field just outside Oban.

Anyway, I digress,  Im saying draw, ET and pens. Then its who knows ... (but wouldnt want Pickford in my team)

Pipe down you massive virgin.

9 hours ago, SoloXI said:

Folk going to go well menstrual on here  if England play well.

But .. the Tartan Army could be giving each other hugs of achievement for cheering on Italy if they prevail. 

I suggest you do something "special". No one has ever seen England lose a major final.

Because in years to come, your grandchildren will ask you "where were you when Scotland won its greatest international result". And you can shrug a "dunno" with a wry smile while remembering you were actually fondling a goats jaffas in a field just outside Oban.

Anyway, I digress,  Im saying draw, ET and pens. Then its who knows ... (but wouldnt want Pickford in my team)

What stage of mental breakdown are you going through m8?

I’m just hoping for a good final. This should be a good match-up.

England have been able to change the forward players about with Sancho, Saka, Foden, Grealish and Sterling all getting a shot. Harry Kane is back scoring, even it was a penalty last night. They must have a good chance. They certainly give that Italian defence some tricky moments.

However, the Italians have been the team of the tournament for me. I’m looking forward to seeing Chiesa, Insigne and Immobile up against that English defence.

Anyway, no point getting too concerned about it all. If England win, good luck to them. I just want to see Scotland do well at one of these tournaments before I croak.

2 minutes ago, Scary Bear said:

I’m just hoping for a good final. This should be a good match-up.

England have been able to change the forward players about with Sancho, Saka, Foden, Grealish and Sterling all getting a shot. Harry Kane is back scoring, even it was a penalty last night. They must have a good chance. They certainly give that Italian defence some tricky moments.

However, the Italians have been the team of the tournament for me. I’m looking forward to seeing Chiesa, Insigne and Immobile up against that English defence.

Anyway, no point getting too concerned about it all. If England win, good luck to them. I just want to see Scotland do well at one of these tournaments before I croak.

The tournament has been very entertaining so I can handle a horrible final as long as Italy win.

Completely agree with your last sentence but given the standard we have seen, case in point being Italy v Spain, we are miles away from this and qualifying was the big achievement. Sadly, can't see this changing anytime soon.

1 minute ago, Gordon EF said:

Why oh why must people politicise football.... says the Rangers supporter who's just changed his avatar from a union fag to a St George's cross.

That's why. And of course you could replace the R word with the C word and the same would apply. Horror shows the pair of them.

24 minutes ago, ListerRRFC said:

Will be in the fanzone in Glasgow Green for this. Already bad enough that England are in the final but will be torture if they win.

Mon the Italy!

That's going to be the best or worst party ever.

Italy's midfield sh*ts all over Phillips and Rice in terms of technique, game intelligence and passing ability. England actually have more talent than Italy in other areas of the pitch but that's where most games are won. For that reason I think Italy will canter this.

10 minutes ago, keptie said:

Italy need to stop Kane from diving to have a chance.

Hoping for Chiellini to go full Ivan Drago in the opening minutes.

"Well, of I'm giving away a free kick anyway I may as well actually kick you"

If He Dies Ivan Drago GIF

Italy's midfield sh*ts all over Phillips and Rice in terms of technique, game intelligence and passing ability. England actually have more talent than Italy in other areas of the pitch but that's where most games are won. For that reason I think Italy will canter this.
Chiesa and Insigne are quite useful as well.

The one thing that surprised and annoyed me last night was Denmark not running at Maguire once he was on a yellow card.

You can imagine if he is booked in the final then the Italians will not be as hesitant.

1 minute ago, DeeTillEhDeh said:

Chiesa and Insigne are quite useful as well.

The one thing that surprised and annoyed me last night was Denmark not running at Maguire once he was on a yellow card.

You can imagine if he is booked in the final them the Italians will not be as hesitant.

The Danes went very conservative in the 2nd half there. Ultimately I think that was the downfall as you rightly point out they could have got a lot of joy if they were more direct in their running.

As someone already pointed out England have not faced a top quality team in the tournament yet, whereas Italy have had to come through two top sides in the last 2 rounds.

Italy's defence is tougher than anything England have come up against yet, as is their attack, and Jorginho, Verratti and Barella are going to run rings around Phillips, Mount and Rice.

Home advantage will help England a little, but Italy are going to be too good for them, although i'd be a lot more confident if Spinazzola was still available.

35 minutes ago, DMCs said:

England actually have more talent than Italy in other areas of the pitch.

I'd say Walker is the best full back, but there's not a huge amount between Shaw, Di Lorenzo and Emerson.

Sterling the best winger, but then I'd rather have Chiesa and Insigne than Foden/Grealish/Sancho.

Kane the best striker, but Immobile isn't miles away from him, and the Belotti is better than any back up striker England have.

CB and CM are non contests in Italys favour.

If England win I think I'll deactivate all my social media and retire to a cave for the next 50 years. 

Italy 3-1 England. 

Please.

15 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

I'd say Walker is the best full back, but there's not a huge amount between Shaw, Di Lorenzo and Emerson.

Sterling the best winger, but then I'd rather have Chiesa and Insigne than Foden/Grealish/Sancho.

Kane the best striker, but Immobile isn't miles away from him, and the Belotti is better than any back up striker England have.

Come on m8.

Get the stats for Fatty Shaw up.

12 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

In terms of full back and winger depth England have the advantage for sure. Who can Italy bring on? Toloi, Berardi and Bernandeschi? That's much less than one of Trippier and James or one of Grealish, Foden and Sancho.

I can't agree with what you are saying about Immobile and Kane either. Kane is far better. Immobile would never be able to play that throughball for Saka for the own goal for instance. Immobile isn't very popular with Azzurri fans for a reason but ultimately they don't have any better options.