Failed Statelet Premier League & Other Divisions 2021/22

Last minute extra time winner for Crusaders after an added time equaliser to break Ballymena hearts.
2-1 for the Crues.

Managed to catch most of the second half and extra time on the train (when the WiFi would allow). Looked like Ballymena were about to pull off a surprise win before Jonny Tuffey raced up the park (great header by the keeper) to set up Josh Robinson with just 90 seconds left, cruel on United though. Cracking strike from McMurray to then clinch it. Congratulations to Stephen Baxter’s Crusaders.

David Jeffrey bares his soul - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61367313

I actually like David Jeffrey, would have been delighted had he have gone to Coleraine, although it was probably too far from his home and job, I understand he's still a social worker.

My wife won't hear a word against him, as part of his social work training he worked in Magherafelt Adult Centre whenever my wife worked there and he's "a lovely man", so there.

7 hours ago, Ivo den Bieman said:

David Healy sounds burnt out tbh. I didn’t realise there was scepticism about him. The ones giving him stick right now will look idiots if he decides to take a break and gets replaced with a Warren Feeney-type diddy.

I'm no Linfield fan and of course they have Glasgow-Derby-pair advantages over the rest of us, but I think he has done well at Windsor. Wasn't sure if he was the right appointment when he got the job, I hoped he wouldn't be, tbh, but Blues' fans have little to complain about regarding his tenure.

Yeah not at all sure what they have to complain about. Linfield are a fine side and deservedly held off a strong challenge from Cliftonville.

Healy is an enigma. A lethal striker for Northern Ireland but had a surprisingly mediocre club career, other than his spells at Preston & Leeds at Championship level. Some of the frailties / self-doubt which seem to have dogged his club career on display in those interviews. He only ever seemed to truly relax when he was playing for Norethern Ireland. Can't see that he could have done too much more managing the Blues.

Surely he must be a strong candidate to take over the national side once the dismal Baraclough reign is brought to an end?

Edited by Ivo den Bieman

On 09/05/2022 at 11:54, Jacksgranda said:

David Jeffrey bares his soul - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61367313

I actually like David Jeffrey, would have been delighted had he have gone to Coleraine, although it was probably too far from his home and job, I understand he's still a social worker.

My wife won't hear a word against him, as part of his social work training he worked in Magherafelt Adult Centre whenever my wife worked there and he's "a lovely man", so there.

Can't believe I'm saying this, but when I got home after the game I actually felt sorry big D. When I think of all the names I've called him in the past/will call him in the future.

Late excitement at the Clandeboye tonight in the Championship/Intermediate play off first Leg. Knockbreda looking comfortable at 2-0 with goals from Ciaran Heggarty and Dylan Sloan. Bangor hitting back with a Ben Arthurs double in injury time 90+1 & 90+3 to set up the 2nd leg in East Belfast on Saturday.

Yeah not at all sure what they have to complain about. Linfield are a fine side and deservedly held off a strong challenge from Cliftonville.
Healy is an enigma. A lethal striker for Northern Ireland but had a surprisingly mediocre club career, other than his spells at Preston & Leeds at Championship level. Some of the frailties / self-doubt which seem to have dogged his club career on display in those interviews. He only ever seemed to truly relax when he was playing for Norethern Ireland. Can't see that he could have done too much more managing the Blues.
Surely he must be a strong candidate to take over the national side once the dismal Baraclough reign is brought to an end?

It’s a strange one. I’ve good pals who follow Linfield, but who even now don’t either rate him as a Manager or enjoy the way he plays.
These are lads who have watched the Blues for three decades minimum. I don’t understand it either, given his win rate!?
If they’d like to send the wee man down to Taylors Avenue, he would be welcome with open arms! Lol[emoji3]

Glentoran 2 Larne 4 in the play off final. Larne come back from 2 down to win.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61446747

Goals - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/football/61446538

Seems a lot better than the matches I watched last night! :lol:

More trouble for the Glens. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61444197

• 3 weeks later...

Disappointing performance at Windsor last night from the National side losing 0-1 against Greece. A few players out but increasingly concerned that Ian Baraclough isn’t taking this side anywhere. 5 wins in 23 games, including 8 defeats and two draws from his 10 matches in Nations League competition. Young talent coming through in Conor Bradley, Shea Charles and Paddy Lane, perhaps the only positives. Home and away games with Cyprus and an away trip to Kosovo over the next week or so don’t look very promising at the moment.

Not a great result in Cyprus, at least we* didn't lose, I suppose...

* Well, I have been living here for 49 years.

Edited by Jacksgranda

Not a great result in Cyprus, at least we* didn't lose, I suppose...
* Well, I have been living here for 49 years.

Aye, another disappointing result against a team ranked 105th in the World. So much possession with very little to show for it. Baraclough said 4 wins out of 4 was the target. We’ve got one point from Six. He isn’t taking the side anywhere.
49 years eh,@Jacksgranda still a ‘blow in’ then or finally accepted? Lol[emoji23]

Booooo! 3-2 defeat from Kosovo. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61669980

Baraclough surely knows his time is up now. His team’s recent disappointments perhaps overshadowed by the sad news of Billy Bingham’s passing at the age of 90 yesterday.
Billy Bingham: Tributes paid to Northern Ireland's 'greatest manager' https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61754354