Jump to content

2021-22 Highland League Chat


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:
6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:
When was the last time The Fort managed three goals in a game? Well done. Baby steps and that

Beat Vale of Leithen 5-0 in the cup when Fort William were ICT Colts.

The stoppable force v the moveable object 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Attending Inverurie Locos v Brora tomorrow and just wondering what the parking is like around Harlaw Park?


I drove past it back in April and I would say your parking is okay. There’s a Tesco anc Aldi nearby, the Gairloch tourist centre had parking and I think the nearby pub had parking outside also from memory.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

There's plenty of street parking. Ideally don't park on the same street as the ground as it's on a bus route and every dickhead with a sizeable Audi does that, making getting away an arsehole come full time. Allan Place is usually worth a look. 

f**k knows why there's always so many cars at games, I think every person who goes to games drives there on their own. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There's plenty of street parking. Ideally don't park on the same street as the ground as it's on a bus route and every dickhead with a sizeable Audi does that, making getting away an arsehole come full time. Allan Place is usually worth a look. 

f**k knows why there's always so many cars at games, I think every person who goes to games drives there on their own. 

Especially places like Inverurie with faster public transport links. More understandable with places like Turriff, Rothes and Pitmedden's walk of death.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

f**k knows why there's always so many cars at games, I think every person who goes to games drives there on their own. 

Yes, and they all have to park as close as possible to the ground.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

 


I drove past it back in April and I would say your parking is okay. There’s a Tesco anc Aldi nearby, the Gairloch tourist centre had parking and I think the nearby pub had parking outside also from memory.

 

I'd avoid the Gairloch Tourist Centre unless your fancying a grand day out in Wester Ross-shire. Mind you probs a better proposition given locos performance last saturday🤪

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Another embarrassing performance from Nairn last night. Fort William also hit the post twice and had at least another 2 great chances on top of that. If the Nairn manager wasn't a club legend, then I think he would have been sacked by now.

A couple of the new Fort William players looked very decent, especially Tshibikubula.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking forward to Clach vs Fraserburgh tomorrow. Can't see past a fairly routine Fraserburgh win. Clach have improved going forward but are defensively still very questionable at times.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I dread to think how many Inverurie are going to stick past Nairn tomorrow. I expect to be seeing at least 6 goals for the second time in a matter of days.

This is EXACTLY the kind of fixture Locos have made an arse of in recent years. Locos lost 3-2 on their last league trip to Nairn in January 2020. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

94th minute: 3 Buckie players unmarked at the far post - ball crossed right in front of them on a plate - nobody makes contact. Phew.

Serious let off there. 3-3 would be deserved imho after Buckie dominated the last 10 mins, but we'll obviously take the win.  Locos on Wednesday should be interesting...

'Mon the City

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/10/2021 at 14:16, Jimmy Shaker said:

This is EXACTLY the kind of fixture Locos have made an arse of in recent years. Locos lost 3-2 on their last league trip to Nairn in January 2020. 

You weren't far off. Nairn played far better than they did against Fort, even with 10 men for a large chunk of the second half.

Next three league games are Huntly, Wick and Strathspey, so I'm hopeful of picking up a few points from those.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...