2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

16 hours ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Didnt see that result coming after the dismal run we've been on after Rosco and co left.

Pleasing 😎

Same. Was some comeback. 

Was at Turra,Wick and Forres game at home, Turra and Wick deserved to beat us, were unlucky not to beat Forres, have lost our way a bit since Ross and co left but we have a young team, need to stick by them, hopefully do well against Keith the morns night.

7 minutes ago, Vale Vale Vale said:

Fitba north twitter page had us 2-1 up then 3-1 up then back to 2-1........

BBC had us 1-0 down 

I always use the Official Highland League website to verify results

Tonight's are as follows

Buckie Thistle FC
 5  v  0  
Brora Rangers FC
Formartine United FC
 0  v  2  
Fraserburgh FC
Forres Mechanics FC
 P  v  P  
Fort William FC
Keith FC
 2  v  4  
Deveronvale FC
Strathspey Thistle FC
 2  v  4  
Clachnacuddin FC
Turriff United FC
 1  v  3  
Rothes FC

Well, the Buckie and Fraserburgh wins against Brora & Formartine respectively (unofficially) cements a Broch-Jags title race.  Neither will drop sufficient points to give any of the others a sniff.

They both still have a game in hand over the chasing back too.  Buckie's remaining fixtures look like all wins on paper.

Does anyone know how good Bonnyrigg Rose are compared to the two B's?

8 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They both still have a game in hand over the chasing back too.  Buckie's remaining fixtures look like all wins on paper.

Does anyone know how good Bonnyrigg Rose are compared to the two B's?

Most people seem to think it will be a walkover for Bonnyrigg, if it's anything like Brora and Kelty it will be. I fancy Buckie's chances more than Fraserburgh but the latter probably want it more. Broch have been pretty rubbish in cup ties this season, got knocked out of the Scottish Cup by Sauchie Juniors.

I don't see too much evidence that Bonnyrigg will sweep anyone aside. 60/40 favourites against the HL champion and 50/50 against Cowden if they get through that. I'd make Cowden marginal favourites against a Highland League opponent. 

The Pyramid Playoff remains an unpredictable beast. Cove shat the bed against Edinburgh City and lost a two-legged tie inside of the first 45 minutes of the first game. One-off cup-tie and big-game fans Buckie went up against East Kilbride but forgot about the football and got dragged into a 180-minute argument and made an arse of it. Spartans should have been a contest for Cove but were run out of Inverurie on a rail after one of Cove's easiest wins all that season. Whoever wins the league out of Buckie and the Broch will go into the Pyramid game in pretty ripe form. 

Bonnyrigg's experience of SHFL opposition this season is a Scottish Cup tie at Forres, which they won 0-2 at Mosset Park. 

Buckie might take out Cowdenbeath. The Broch, I dunno. That loss to Sauchie earlier this season was a stinker. Cowdenbeath survived against Cove and I don't think either Buckie or Fraserburgh are on a par with that Cove side. 

There's also the question of whether Buckie can actually be bothered with promotion, which has lingered since all this started. One would think they would have to be, given the window of opportunity is getting smaller with every year the Lowland League improves.