2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

19 hours ago, RH33 said:

BoD had their welcome meeting with a trio of secretary's today. 

Someone might want to break the news to fort William.

If the past month is anything to go by then I'll be awaiting for the HL statement and the rebuttle from fort 🤣

On 03/05/2022 at 08:53, Jimmy Shaker said:

The line in the statement about accepting their time in the NCL is absolutely ripe patter for baiting their crowd. 

Clowns. 

Fort will be playing in the NCL next season, so it's time for this forum to move on. 

Of more interest to me is how successful will Banks O Dee be next season ? I predict top 5, rather than HFL championship winners.

Also of interest is which HFL club will face potential relegation in 2022/23, and will any of the  Midland or North Region league champions, be licenced in time to participate in the promotion play-offs ?

22 minutes ago, Robert James said:

Fort will be playing in the NCL next season, so it's time for this forum to move on. 

Of more interest to me is how successful will Banks O Dee be next season ? I predict top 5, rather than HFL championship winners.

Also of interest is which HFL club will face potential relegation in 2022/23, and will any of the  Midland or North Region league champions, be licenced in time to participate in the promotion play-offs ?

Thanks for keeping us right 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, TrueJonny said:

What are they waiting for now? Has it gone to the SFA?

You tell us Jonny, if you watched most of the games he managed you've likely got a better idea than most.

The matter of the pitch inspections will surely be thrown out immediately, and Fort hopefully rapped over the knuckles for their antics about it, both before the last season began and for what occurred in the past month. The bit about the goalkeepers and such, I can only hope the LMC have got their shit together. I trust that they do, and this is all just Fort playing to the galleries as ever, but if they don't... oh my. 

FW outright withdrew rather than playing the games under protest so it's difficult to see how they have a leg to stand on at this point. Have seen it mentioned that the matter has gone to independent judicial review like Brora and Kelty's playoff participation did at the end of 2020-21 rather than being with the SFA.

9 hours ago, TrueJonny said:

Is that through the courts then? I guess we could be looking at a settlement from the Highland League then for the way it was handled?

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Funniest post I've ever read on here.

I assume this forms the basis of Fort's appeal.

In the week leading up to the playoff games the club contacted the LMC with requests regarding player dispensations due to our desire to fulfill the fixtures and our understanding of the Highland League rules regarding goalkeepers. Up until 3.30pm on the day before the game, the LMC were unaware of their own rule regarding keepers and were wrongly advising the club. We were fully aware of the rules and as such did not want to enter into the fixture and be penalised should their mistake be found out.
We had a squad ready to play, we understood the rules, our paperwork was all in order.

I have no idea what this means. How could they be penalised more for fielding a team, with all their paperwork in order, than by withdrawing from the tie? Was any attempt made to contact the SFA on the Friday or before to resolve the dispute over the rules with the LMC? Given the first playoff leg was scheduled for the following day I'm sure they would have understood the urgency.

The LMC decided that a pitch inspection was required at Claggan Park the day before the first leg. An unqualified person (contrary to the LMC rules) inspected the pitch and declared the game should be moved. At no point were the club advised to roll and line the park prior to this visit.

Did Fort really need to be told to get their pitch match ready for an inspection? :1eye I'm sure a retired referee is more than qualified to tell whether the basics had been done, and I understand they were given till the following Tuesday to sort it. 

I suspect the Chairman threw a wobbly when the state of the pitch that he was so proud of was questioned, pulled out of the tie in a huff and is still trying to justify it to himself in terms that I can't imagine any appeals panel taking seriously.

There's enough precedent over the years to make it abundantly clear that club secretaries are ultimately responsible for ensuring the team on the pitch is compliant with registrations and suspensions. 

If FW thought the league advice was wrong then go with what you think is correct and moan about it later.

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I have no idea what this means. How could they be penalised more for fielding a team, with all their paperwork in order, than by withdrawing from the tie? Was any attempt made to contact the SFA on the Friday or before to resolve the dispute over the rules with the LMC? Given the first playoff leg was scheduled for the following day I'm sure they would have understood the urgency.

Did Fort really need to be told to get their pitch match ready for an inspection? :1eye I'm sure a retired referee is more than qualified to tell whether the basics had been done, and I understand they were given till the following Tuesday to sort it. 

The rules basically say if you field an ineligible player you will be ejected from the competition so it's the same as withdrawing.

If they thought their pitch was fine then they should've said "no we're playing here" and assured the LMC it was fine. Then the LMC surely would've needed to get a "qualified" person to check it (rather than wait until gameday).

5 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

The rules basically say if you field an ineligible player you will be ejected from the competition so it's the same as withdrawing.

They claim their squad and paperwork was perfectly in order.