2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

On 01/05/2022 at 13:57, invergowrie arab said:

Were they not to told to cut and line it after the first visit and refused?

Lots of lying by omission in that statement.

If they bieved they knew the rules on player registration then play a team according to those rules. They weren't obliged to field a team going by what the LMC were saying.

If they really had concerns play the fixture under protest but a lot harder to play the victim if you have been bodied on the pitch.

Hopefully the SFA tell them to f**k off and let them know their license is under review whilst they are at it. 

They could always get the cheque book out, £40,000 buys a place in the Lowland League (for some anyway)

26 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Are they deleting negative comments left on Facebook?

Not sure, they blocked me ages ago. There are still quite a few stating the bleeding obvious in the replies, and on Twitter.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure, they blocked me ages ago. There are still quite a few stating the bleeding obvious in the replies, and on Twitter.

I'm not on Facebook at moment so maybe I can't view all the replies and only able see public ones.

5 minutes ago, RH33 said:

I'm not on Facebook at moment so maybe I can't view all the replies and only able see public ones.

I can see them if I go incognito, otherwise I'm blocked from the site. Most of the twitter replies are critical of Fort's position.

Edited by welshbairn

19 minutes ago, RH33 said:

Here's a couple of examples.

Jeremy Ruane
From 12,000 miles away, it sounds very much like Fort William is being shafted big-time, and the Highland League Management Committee is doing all it can to rid the competition of its globally most famous club.
Methinks if the Scottish FA is an organisation which acts responsibly for all elements of the game north of Hadrian's Wall, there'll be some sort of enquiry / investigation opened into the HLMC, with particular attention paid to its integrity, and dealings with FWFC in comparison with other Highland League clubs.
Cat, meet pigeons.
All the best from NZ
21 h
Duncan Steele
Jeremy Ruane Only people that have shafted Fort William are the people running the club.
2 h

James MacLean
Mark Simpson and how exactly have the league ‘bent’ over backwards to assist & support them?
19 h
Mick McMenemie
James MacLean how about at the start of the season when Claggan Park wasn't fit to host opposition teams and Fort William never bothered telling the league. When the league found out, and Fort William admitted their ground was a tip, the league allowed them to remain in the league? Even offered them a year's abeyance in a league that now has relegation. No-one made them give up or suspend their SFA licence during any of this.

Their bigoted nutcase of a chairman has spoken. Of course, it's everyone else's fault except his.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/4242200/fort-william-chairman-john-trew-upbeat-as-they-dispute-highland-league-relegation/

Trew admits Fort William have got things wrong in the past, but also said: “The club got things wrong, but that was all before my time.

“I took on the club in late August or September and what had been done before then was done.

“What’s been done since myself, the new board and committee formed was getting the pitch sorted, we put together a competitive team, we brought in a qualified manager who has a bright future.

“We fulfilled all our fixtures with a competitive team, even in midweek.

“Faults in the past are nothing to do with me – faults since I took over, zero.

“The pitch is fixed, the team’s on the up and the finances are good.

“The right men with the right qualifications were brought in and we were just a tiny bit under the level needed and that could have been rectified in another transfer window.”

On 01/05/2022 at 13:06, gav-ffc said:

Some of they comments 😳😂😂😂

The Highland League should have punted them years ago but chose to babysit them season after season. I bet they are regretting being so lenient to this bunch of roasters now…

13 hours ago, Spyro said:

Some of they comments 😳😂😂😂

The Highland League should have punted them years ago but chose to babysit them season after season. I bet they are regretting being so lenient to this bunch of roasters now…

The official HFL mascot reaction to the latest statement

IMG_20220213_225233234_HDR.jpg