2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

40 minutes ago, Vale Vale Vale said:

I would rather have Cowdenbeath and Bonnyrigg instead of BOD.

Its good to have some new away days, hopefully make Brechin away when the new season starts.

Only someone who'd never been to Cowdenbeath could say that.

On 17/04/2022 at 10:48, Jimmy Shaker said:

Oh I’d say a good few times yet, and I very much look forward to spending the journeys to Bonnyrigg and Cowdenbeath reading hot takes from journos about the pyramid, and how Fraserburgh are looking to step up to senior football, and bits on former Highland League clubs to be playing in the SPFL, such as Inverness. 

Never mind the journeys to Bonnyrigg and Cowdenbeath, I've not got as far Harlaw Park and I'm reading Paul Third in the Press and Journal telling the world that Cove and Peterhead 'long yearned to play in the senior leagues', and how promotion would allow Fraserburgh to 'represent the town in the senior ranks'. 

50 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

Never mind the journeys to Bonnyrigg and Cowdenbeath, I've not got as far Harlaw Park and I'm reading Paul Third in the Press and Journal telling the world that Cove and Peterhead 'long yearned to play in the senior leagues', and how promotion would allow Fraserburgh to 'represent the town in the senior ranks'. 

Horrendous stuff, particularly from the P&J, who might be expected to know the Highland League is, and always has been, a senior league.

2 hours ago, Jacksgranda said:

Horrendous stuff, particularly from the P&J, who might be expected to know the Highland League is, and always has been, a senior league.

Every season it's the same.....hard to believe so many still haven't got a handle on how things now work,even worse when it's the media,lazy lazy journalism  🤨

6 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

I've been to Cowdenbeath. It was ok. Neither it nor Torry are winning any awards, but at least the sun was out when I was in Cowdenbeath, Cove made a p***k of themselves, and the boozer post-match was showing Octopussy. 

Cowdenbeath's okay when the sun shines.

The sun doesn't shine much in Fife.

I see Buckie are getting their poaching in early, Tom MacLennan, and Cohen Ramsay from Nairn County. Not sure if they have a sugar daddy or are just good at getting local sponsorship and a well run club.

I see Buckie are getting their poaching in early, Tom MacLennan, and Cohen Ramsay from Nairn County. Not sure if they have a sugar daddy or are just good at getting local sponsorship and a well run club.

Would these players demand big wages?

44 minutes ago, gm_1982 said:

Would these players demand big wages?

No idea. It's likely they live in Inverness though and I would want a fair wedge to make it worth travelling to Buckie for training rather than Nairn.

Edited by welshbairn

Hopefully MacLennan and Ramsay are the only two Nairn players to be poached elsewhere this summer, although Brora always like to steal a player just as the season starts.

I would be very happy if we could keep Fyffe on loan for another season, but I imagine he might see some game time for ICT next season if they aren't promoted.