2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

21 minutes ago, Best Team in Angus said:

The decision made by the league not individual clubs 

Maybe for Brechin, other clubs announced it earlier this morning, travel conditions as much as playability.

12 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Maybe for Brechin, other clubs announced it earlier this morning, travel conditions as much as playability.

I am told from someone who knows the league cancelled the all games today, maybe some called off  early for local issues but the call was made by the league to call off all games. 

Breedon Highland League - Match Postponements
 Please note that, following a meeting of Office Bearers, the entire Breedon Highland League programme for today, Saturday 29th January, has been postponed.

Prevailing weather conditions are  sufficiently poor to make travel hazardous and current travel advice reflects that.  In addition, forecast weather conditions for the afternoon make the possibility of late postponements more likely.

http://www.highlandfootballleague.com/News/Item/2080_Breedon_Highland_League_-_Match_Postponements.aspx

The league cancelled the card, but the Broch were ahead of the curve as they were hosting Wick. Locos wouldn't have been fair away from calling off their game with Fort, although as things stand I don't think you can get from Nairn to Forres or from Inverurie to Huntly due to trees on the road. 

3 hours ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

The league cancelled the card, but the Broch were ahead of the curve as they were hosting Wick. Locos wouldn't have been fair away from calling off their game with Fort, although as things stand I don't think you can get from Nairn to Forres or from Inverurie to Huntly due to trees on the road. 

Aberdeen bypass was closed as well I believe