2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

2 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

You’re always being watched up there Tam. I went a couple years back when they were playing Brora - at the time it was a crucial fixture. Later on FN Jimmy Shaker was rhyming off all the different team merchandise, including somebody in a Whitehill Welfare beanie 😉

I was tempted to wear my Meadowbank Thistle hat but memories of the League vote of 1974 may still be strong in those parts...:whistle

I was actually talking about Welfare with peternapper- he remembered a game at Fergie Park in the Scottish Cup when the pitch was like an ice rink! 

3-0 Brechin after 22 mins.

To avoid jinxing it, I'll say that there's still time to balls this up in spectacular fashion.

Eta: 3-1 now. Keeps it interesting I suppose 😒

Edited by Hedgecutter

12 minutes ago, Hedgecutter said:

3-0 Brechin after 22 mins.

To avoid jinxing it, I'll say that there's still time to balls this up in spectacular fashion.

Eta: 3-1 now 😒

Excellent entertainment. Could be about 6-3 already and we’ve not even reached half time!

That red card for Brechin will fairly change things one would imagine. 😔

Levein to whisper 5-4-0 in Kirk's ear at HT???

Broch were pretty unlucky with that first goal tbf, which was a great flick over their own keeper it has to be said.  Also, I can't remember the last time I saw a keeper try a diving header in his own box.

Edited by Hedgecutter

The camera must have followed wherever the ball went for the challenge at the red card - I just caught the lad sliding in but didn’t see the actual impact? Their lad was on his feet soon after the red after rolling around like he’d been shot - I take it that it was red worthy? Didn’t seem too many complaints from anyone in red.

Also - I thought there weren’t supposed to be any of their fans there? Sounds like there’s quite a few in the stand (unless they are all committee?). There was some woman screeching for a red!

16 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

The camera must have followed wherever the ball went for the challenge at the red card - I just caught the lad sliding in but didn’t see the actual impact? Their lad was on his feet soon after the red after rolling around like he’d been shot - I take it that it was red worthy? Didn’t seem too many complaints from anyone in red.

Looked to me like a late tackle with a fair amount of force.  As expected, it's fairly changed the dynamic of the 2nd half so far with all the chances going Fraserburgh's way.  Don't think we've had anything up the Trinity end.

What's the suspension damage in...

Fuuuuuuuck... 3-2

Eta: as I was middle of asking, how many games suspension is a straight red in the HL? We'll certainly miss Max.

Edited by Hedgecutter

20 minutes ago, Nick_BCFC said:

That’s two the keeper has got a hand to but not managed to keep out.

He been unlucky or does he need to go on the weights?

Unlucky I think.  However, based on the past 15 mins or so, I'll be amazed if Fraserburgh don't get an equaliser.  All we're repeatedly doing is conceding corner after corner and then hoofing it back to their midfield.

Eta: and there it is.  Stonewall pen too. 

Edited by Hedgecutter

3-4 in ET. Utter disaster.

Awful defending.  Embarrassingly awful.

Eta: and now another pen to polish it off following another stupid challenge. 3-5

Edited by Hedgecutter

1 minute ago, Hedgecutter said:

3-4 in ET. Utter disaster.

Awful defending.  Embarrassingly awful.

Eta: and now another pen to polish it off.

😵 wow that's a shocker. Nothing against Brechin, but I was hoping someone different (not Brora) would win the league this year, so am pleased for the Broch.

15 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Last penalty was conceded by the the same Brechin player credited with an own goal. :bag

Injury time implosion from Davidson.  Smashes it past his own keeper to gift the Broch an extra two points a few mins into injury time, and then dives on the back whoever it was just inside the corner of the box a couple of minutes later.  Sent off for his efforts too.  A truly inspirational captain's performance.

In a desperate attempt to find a positive, at least I got to see what'll probably be game of the season?

Edited by Hedgecutter