2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

If that means up to 500 allowed in total then everybody other than Pollok can probably proceed more or less normally at tiers 5 and 6. She is probably only thinking about the top two tiers with that last bit as that's all that is on the radar for a lot of people.

Edited by LongTimeLurker

The 500 would not impact much on Highland League games, maybe for Brechin, Buckie and Fraserburgh where crowds are around this number. Most grounds I have been at could accommodate this number with spacing. Spectators also seem to be making decisions by not attending to protect themselves. 

We play Fraserburgh on the 3rd Jan, remains to be seen if travelling supporters will be banned, possible decision at the various meetings happening today. My links with NHS suggest that their modelling shows we are not near the peak and merely in the foothills. The reintroduced restrictions might be enough to get on top of the Omricon variant and save the season. If not then there might be an intermediate stage of no crowds before a total ban.

Time will tell

21 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It would be nice if the HFL kept going, but I've got a feeling the SFA are going to stop all levels of football for the "3 weeks"

The only reason the SFA will stop football altogether is if there is whining from the arse cheeks at having to play their derby basically behind closed doors.  Other than that I think decisions will be left to each association to make themselves. 

46 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

I wish this lot would STFU.

They must be shitting it that their series will get pulled halfway through the season if Covid spreads.  So come along and spread you're shitty germs at clubs you wouldn't normally go and see.  Irresponsible advice from a bunch of halfwits.

P.S. @RH33 's dad and top gun sorted out the SFA, nae messin..

“We’ve been checking in case there are any issues and making sure we’re all clear in terms of how we can get through the next while.

“In terms of spectator numbers we’ve had clarification and it’s 500 spectators at a game, not just 500 people.

“That makes a difference in terms of some of the bigger games in the league.

“Clubs are going to have to look at how they manage crowds for bigger games and whether they reintroduce live streaming to help with that sort of thing.

“We went over those sort of things, but there is nothing in it that clubs haven’t done or experienced already.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/sport/football/highland-league/3790359/highland-league-to-continue-with-increased-covid-protocols/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=social

Edited by welshbairn

Fraserburgh v Nairn and Buckie v Vale both off due to Covid, Strathspey v Clach due to a frozen pitch, which I'm surprised about having followed the temperatures on the BBC weather site.

P.S. Rothes v Brechin also off, frozen pitch.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Fraserburgh v Nairn and Buckie v Vale both off due to Covid, Strathspey v Clach due to a frozen pitch, which I'm surprised about having followed the temperatures on the BBC weather site.

P.S. Rothes v Brechin also off, frozen pitch.

Trip to Forres tomorrow for himself I would guess.

16 hours ago, RH33 said:

Trip to Forres tomorrow for himself I would guess.

15 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Might go to that since the Clach game is off. Could be a laugh with the new manager and promised ringers!

Only Huntly/Turriff, Formartine/Brora and Locos/Keith still standing the now in the 'Shire. Fancy a trip up North to Caithness instead?

Edited by Cyclizine

8 minutes ago, Cyclizine said:

Only Huntly/Turriff, Formartine/Brora and Locos/Keith still standing the now in the 'Shire. Fancy a trip up North to Caithness instead?

I would but I have to be back in Inverness in time to make the tea today.. :(

An interesting afternoon at Formartine v Brora @ £5 entry as an OAP it was money well spent. Both teams gave it their all & some good stuff played. On the social side it was as a Peterhead supporter spent the first half talking with Utd supporter who knew a number of our old players, moved over in the second half and stood beside what i presumed was another Formartine supporter who turned out to be a Broch supporter from Oldmeldrum and we were joined by an Edinburgh City supporter who had come up for a day out, all in all an eclectic mix of folk out to enjoy the game just the way it should be, it is always more relaxing when every decision the ref makes does not really matter & the loss of a last minute goal is just one of those things 😄 

49 minutes ago, tamthebam said:

I certainly did- can't complain about value for money with a 4-4 draw and @peternapper is a good guy.

That's my cover blown though- I'd better get one of those alias accounts :lol:

You’re always being watched up there Tam. I went a couple years back when they were playing Brora - at the time it was a crucial fixture. Later on FN Jimmy Shaker was rhyming off all the different team merchandise, including somebody in a Whitehill Welfare beanie 😉