2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

3 hours ago, Melanius Mullarkay said:

Who is putting the moolah into Rothes?

Not sure but I think it's a few local businessmen. Forsyth's bailed them out with the HMRC a few years back when they looked like going under, I remember they had a 55 year old goalkeeper at one point. Now they're poaching players all over the shop.

Edited by welshbairn

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Not sure but I think it's a few local businessmen. Forsyth's bailed them out with the HMRC a few years back when they looked like going under, I remember they had a 55 year old goalkeeper at one point. Now they're poaching players all over the shop.

Thought it might have been a whisky tsar.

I would take that for Nairn, as it looks incredibly difficult for any of  the teams below Formartine to catch 7th place. Nairn's next 4 games are against Fraserburgh, Formartine, Brora and our perennial bogey team Fort William, so that 8th place could very quickly turn into 14th or 15th.

23 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I would take that for Nairn, as it looks incredibly difficult for any of  the teams below Formartine to catch 7th place. Nairn's next 4 games are against Fraserburgh, Formartine, Brora and our perennial bogey team Fort William, so that 8th place could very quickly turn into 14th or 15th.

Your manager seems to be in favour of shutting down the league for a spell so you might hold onto 8th for a bit longer.

https://www.inverness-courier.co.uk/sport/manager-says-highland-league-should-be-suspended-due-to-rise-260723/

Sturgeon put a limit of 500 for spectators at outdoor events but also said that football would be free of spectators. Not clear what this means but we should find out tomorrow when the HL have a meeting with the SFA.

21 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

Sturgeon put a limit of 500 for spectators at outdoor events but also said that football would be free of spectators. Not clear what this means but we should find out tomorrow when the HL have a meeting with the SFA.

It would be nice if the HFL kept going, but I've got a feeling the SFA are going to stop all levels of football for the "3 weeks"

3 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

It would be nice if the HFL kept going, but I've got a feeling the SFA are going to stop all levels of football for the "3 weeks"

You're probably right but the text leaves room for it to carry on. It could be more about what the clubs and players think up here, they won't carry on with no crowds anyway.

For indoor standing events the limit will be 100; for indoor seated events it will be 200; and for outdoor events it will be 500 seated or standing.

Physical distancing of 1 metre will be required at events that go ahead within these limits.

This will of course make sports matches, including football, effectively spectator-free over this three week period.