2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

1 hour ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I have driven that road a few times but out of interest (for future reference) how long would it take to walk from the pub to the ground ? 

The Linsmoor Hotel that used to be the nearest one to the ground is now shut, think there is another bar down in the village. A taxi to Tarves or Ellon would not be too dear if there were a few folk together

2 hours ago, peternapper said:

If you are there in plenty time do not think you will have any bother parking right across from the ground. As an alternative Pittmeddan Gardens is just a wee bit further up the road towards Ellon which has parking and a path from there down to North Lodge Park which i think keeps you off the road.

Thankyou, much appreciated 

4 hours ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I have driven that road a few times but out of interest (for future reference) how long would it take to walk from the pub to the ground ? 

Can't quite remember the pub situation in Pitmedden (pretty lame I think), but the ground is only a ~15 min walk from the village.

Wondering what @Sherrif John Bunnell 's thoughts are about Nairn v Clach tomorrow? Nairn have spent the whole season so far complaining about their injury list, but have brought in a few players, so do you think the 4/7 odds being offered justified? (Clach are 12/5). Fair chance it won't go ahead anyway, inspection 11 am tomorrow because of potential waterlogging.

1 minute ago, welshbairn said:

Wondering what @Sherrif John Bunnell 's thoughts are about Nairn v Clach tomorrow? Nairn have spent the whole season so far complaining about their injury list, but have brought in a few players, so do you think the 4/7 odds being offered justified? (Clach are 12/5). Fair chance it won't go ahead anyway, inspection 11 am tomorrow because of potential waterlogging.

I know next to nothing about betting, but those odds seem the wrong way around to me. Nairn have been awful for most of the season, especially against teams at or below the level of Clach.

Sharp has been moaning about injuries forever, but he should be getting far better results with the players available to him.  I think it will be a narrow Clach win.

23 minutes ago, jamamafegan said:

Bit of a slip up by Fraserburgh there.

I wasn't too impressed by Brechin at Clach yesterday. Clearly a huge gulf in budgets and experience with a young Clach team up against a side made up of players with years of SPFL experience. Despite having all the ball though Brechin didn't create many clear chances. After they eventually scored I thought they'd probably get a few more but they didn't and they even coughed up a couple of chances at the end when Clach had barely crossed the half way line in the second half before that. With a bit of composure they would have equalised. 

Job done with 3 points I suppose and perhaps just an off day, but with the money spent I'd be expecting more. Fine effort by the Clach boys, some good prospects in the team. 

3 hours ago, Waspie said:

I wasn't too impressed by Brechin at Clach yesterday. Clearly a huge gulf in budgets and experience with a young Clach team up against a side made up of players with years of SPFL experience. Despite having all the ball though Brechin didn't create many clear chances. After they eventually scored I thought they'd probably get a few more but they didn't and they even coughed up a couple of chances at the end when Clach had barely crossed the half way line in the second half before that. With a bit of composure they would have equalised. 

Job done with 3 points I suppose and perhaps just an off day, but with the money spent I'd be expecting more. Fine effort by the Clach boys, some good prospects in the team. 

I think with the Clach keeper being  man of match with a string of great saves,  it was a fairly comfortable win for us. 

Quite a few of our more experienced players are just coming back from long term injuries and time out as well . That was McHattie's first full 90 minutes and he certainly looked the business. 

As you say though , Clach's back lot battled their hearts out and if their midfield had a bit more composure might have troubled our back lot a bit more , especially Davo who loves to stroll about . 

43 minutes ago, theoriginalhedge said:

I think with the Clach keeper being  man of match with a string of great saves,  it was a fairly comfortable win for us. 

Quite a few of our more experienced players are just coming back from long term injuries and time out as well . That was McHattie's first full 90 minutes and he certainly looked the business. 

As you say though , Clach's back lot battled their hearts out and if their midfield had a bit more composure might have troubled our back lot a bit more , especially Davo who loves to stroll about .