2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

18 hours ago, Hedgecutter said:

94th minute: 3 Buckie players unmarked at the far post - ball crossed right in front of them on a plate - nobody makes contact. Phew.

Serious let off there. 3-3 would be deserved imho after Buckie dominated the last 10 mins, but we'll obviously take the win.  Locos on Wednesday should be interesting...

'Mon the City

You say "deserved "  .   I don't think a  team dominating 10 minutes of a game really deserve any more than they got yesterday. 

Buckie fans are a bit of a precious bunch though. :lol:

Just now, theoriginalhedge said:

You say "deserved "  .   I don't think a  team dominating 10 minutes of a game really deserve any more than they got yesterday. 

Buckie fans are a bit of a precious bunch though. :lol:

Don't think we dominated too much of the other 80 in what was a hard fought pretty scrappy game (I thought).

Buckie fans have always been previous, mind 

2 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hearing that Rod Houston, the Highland League secretary, is retiring at the end of the season. Hopefully he's training up @RH33  to take over! :)

He is indeed, I just called and asked him! I thought he was giving it one more season but alas I'm wrong.

8 hours ago, welshbairn said:

Hearing that Rod Houston, the Highland League secretary, is retiring at the end of the season. Hopefully he's training up @RH33  to take over! :)

5 hours ago, RH33 said:

He is indeed, I just called and asked him! I thought he was giving it one more season but alas I'm wrong.

Aye, I was just reading about it on Fitba' North, and came on here to see if the news had been posted.

This might be one for @Jimmy Shaker but does anyone know if there is an archive of Highland League results anywhere online?

I've seen the stat doing the rounds this week that this season is Ross County's worst league start since they entered the SFL in 1994. I'm assuming it will be the worst since at least 1986, when County finished bottom of the HFL.

44 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

This might be one for @Jimmy Shaker but does anyone know if there is an archive of Highland League results anywhere online?

I've seen the stat doing the rounds this week that this season is Ross County's worst league start since they entered the SFL in 1994. I'm assuming it will be the worst since at least 1986, when County finished bottom of the HFL.

http://sfha.org.uk/highlandleaguetables.pdf

Tables are here, not sure about specific results

Edited by Cyclizine

The tables exist, but I can’t find out if they were recreated from results or just copied from the papers at the end of each season. 

I have the results for each season going back to 1981/82. Will have a look later, am at the stove just now. 

On 07/10/2021 at 13:00, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

County's number from the opening months of the 1986/87 season were...

P8, W1, L7, GF 8, GA 33, Pts 3. 

Their first win of the season came in their third game, against Deveronvale at Victoria Park. Their second league win came in game 15 at Clachnacuddin, with all the other games inbetween going down as defeats. They lost to every side in the league that season at least once, with the exception of Clach who they took four (count 'em!) point off. 

P15, W2, L13, GF 15, GA 51, Pts 6.

1 hour ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

County's number from the opening months of the 1986/87 season were...

P8, W1, L7, GF 8, GA 33, Pts 3. 

Their first win of the season came in their third game, against Deveronvale at Victoria Park. Their second league win came in game 15 at Clachnacuddin, with all the other games inbetween going down as defeats. They lost to every side in the league that season at least once, with the exception of Clach who they took four (count 'em!) point off. 

P15, W2, L13, GF 15, GA 51, Pts 6.

Cheers Jimmy. I'm sure Malky will be delighted to know that he edges the start by the worst team in Ross County history by goal difference.

On 06/10/2021 at 12:27, welshbairn said:

Oh and I won't be taking over, in part as I'm based in the central belt!

Am aware that people won't like dad, but he's served football in the north for a very long time, both at schools level, north FA etc. 

I can't see him not being at a game on a Saturday!