2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

Attending Inverurie Locos v Brora tomorrow and just wondering what the parking is like around Harlaw Park?

I drove past it back in April and I would say your parking is okay. There’s a Tesco anc Aldi nearby, the Gairloch tourist centre had parking and I think the nearby pub had parking outside also from memory.

There's plenty of street parking. Ideally don't park on the same street as the ground as it's on a bus route and every dickhead with a sizeable Audi does that, making getting away an arsehole come full time. Allan Place is usually worth a look. 

f**k knows why there's always so many cars at games, I think every person who goes to games drives there on their own. 

42 minutes ago, Jimmy Shaker said:

There's plenty of street parking. Ideally don't park on the same street as the ground as it's on a bus route and every dickhead with a sizeable Audi does that, making getting away an arsehole come full time. Allan Place is usually worth a look. 

f**k knows why there's always so many cars at games, I think every person who goes to games drives there on their own. 

Especially places like Inverurie with faster public transport links. More understandable with places like Turriff, Rothes and Pitmedden's walk of death.

5 hours ago, mizfit said:

I drove past it back in April and I would say your parking is okay. There’s a Tesco anc Aldi nearby, the Gairloch tourist centre had parking and I think the nearby pub had parking outside also from memory.

I'd avoid the Gairloch Tourist Centre unless your fancying a grand day out in Wester Ross-shire. Mind you probs a better proposition given locos performance last saturday🤪

Another embarrassing performance from Nairn last night. Fort William also hit the post twice and had at least another 2 great chances on top of that. If the Nairn manager wasn't a club legend, then I think he would have been sacked by now.

A couple of the new Fort William players looked very decent, especially Tshibikubula.

Looking forward to Clach vs Fraserburgh tomorrow. Can't see past a fairly routine Fraserburgh win. Clach have improved going forward but are defensively still very questionable at times.

48 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

I dread to think how many Inverurie are going to stick past Nairn tomorrow. I expect to be seeing at least 6 goals for the second time in a matter of days.

This is EXACTLY the kind of fixture Locos have made an arse of in recent years. Locos lost 3-2 on their last league trip to Nairn in January 2020. 

94th minute: 3 Buckie players unmarked at the far post - ball crossed right in front of them on a plate - nobody makes contact. Phew.

Serious let off there. 3-3 would be deserved imho after Buckie dominated the last 10 mins, but we'll obviously take the win.  Locos on Wednesday should be interesting...

'Mon the City

On 01/10/2021 at 14:16, Jimmy Shaker said:

This is EXACTLY the kind of fixture Locos have made an arse of in recent years. Locos lost 3-2 on their last league trip to Nairn in January 2020. 

You weren't far off. Nairn played far better than they did against Fort, even with 10 men for a large chunk of the second half.

Next three league games are Huntly, Wick and Strathspey, so I'm hopeful of picking up a few points from those.

Disappointed Clach couldn't get something against Fraserburgh. Deserved a point, though I feared the worst after a goal (and some hit it was) in the 1st minute. Got to grips with Fraserburgh and the lad down the left had Fraserburgh's defence on toast repeatedly. 

The sending off was correct, Anderson suckered the Broch player into committing to a bouncing ball he couldn't win, before spinning away and getting dragged down. Really should have finished it with a move at the end, but Fraserburgh even with ten looked dangerous and their pressure paid at the death.

Wasn't overly impressed with Fraserburgh. They ground a result out (as league leaders tend to do) but compared to previous league winners they aren't great.