2021-22 Highland League Chat

Ray Patterson

1 hour ago, welshbairn said:

Pain in the arse to get to by public transport though.

The train and bus times worked out ok for me today, I left a few minutes before the end to get the Inverurie bus instead of going via Aberdeen. The walk between the village and the ground is a bit hairy though.

1 hour ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

The train and bus times worked out ok for me today, I left a few minutes before the end to get the Inverurie bus instead of going via Aberdeen. The walk between the village and the ground is a bit hairy though.

Aye, from what I can remember it's either walk on the right of the road into the oncoming cars as per the Highway Code or attempt to stumble along the grass verge as best you can.  Like many things in NE Scotland it's pretty much geared towards everyone driving everywhere, all the time.  Nice wee ground though TBF to them.   

It would cost them a tiny fraction of what they've spent on poaching players over the years to go 50/50 on a pavement or an off road track with the council. Never mind what they spent sorting out their Fort William style bog of a pitch after their first few years in the HL.

Edited by welshbairn

11 hours ago, welshbairn said:

It would cost them a tiny fraction of what they've spent on poaching players over the years to go 50/50 on a pavement or an off road track with the council. Never mind what they spent sorting out their Fort William style bog of a pitch after their first few years in the HL.

This is probably the reason I will give this one a miss when it comes round. That walk after a few pints and nips  could end badly . 🙈

2 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

No dude with the cash. Maybe the poster stating that on nonleaguematters (prorege) didn't realise the chairman wasn't where the money was coming from.

Mackay?

William Powrie isn't the money. He was, however, the noise in the papers about the club wanting promotion, something The Money actively railed against in the past. Perhaps they're settling in for a life of top six rather than actually chasing titles and trophies. Sounds like a more grim existence than trying to avoid being relegated, TBH, but I guess there's only so many times you can go to the ICT/Ross County well for bored players wanting an easy pound. Their squad must be the smallest in the league these days, it's been fair stripped back. 

The Money is a local boy anyway, he's unlikely to be physically going anywhere. 

On 24/08/2021 at 16:37, Northboy said:

Former ICT, Ross County and Hamilton player and Canada international Richard Hastings appointed as Inverurie Locos manager. 

"You're shite Hasteens!"

Beware his Canadian parents cheerleading from the stands "C'mon guys, don't let them through!"

20 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Beware his Canadian parents cheerleading from the stands "C'mon guys, don't let them through..............................................................................................................eh!"

FTFY

Another abject outing from Nairn today. It was almost a carbon copy of the Formartine game from last Saturday, they played ok until they conceded and then just imploded. To top it off, the chip shop in Brora I was looking forward to visiting appears to have been abandoned. Meal deal from the Co-op it is.

8 minutes ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Another abject outing from Nairn today. It was almost a carbon copy of the Formartine game from last Saturday, they played ok until they conceded and then just imploded. To top it off, the chip shop in Brora I was looking forward to visiting appears to have been abandoned. Meal deal from the Co-op it is.

Food at the Sutherland is ok and not wildly expensive, or wasn't.

Clach did their usual soporific first half then came alive in the second, couple of classy goals, especially Conor Bunce's who I haven't seen before. Bit of a giant with a good touch which is unusual at this level. Looks very handy anyway.

Edited by welshbairn

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Has to be the chippy in Golspie on the way up, seen myself driving miles out my way for it 😋

Are Nairn rebuilding after pulling out last season, or did they manage to keep roughly the same squad?

3 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Trawler in Golspie better.

Hope you said hi to Rod.

Edited by RH33