Scottish Cup 2021/22

6 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If they were only offering £1500 for a monday night live game id rather we kept it a Saturday and got the numbers through the gate. What kinda away crowd do Elgin bring?

I mean given the distances they always have a respectable support but the Monday would certainly take the numbers down despite the novelty value. Having said that if it's on the Friday or Monday I'll probably go down to it as may a few others who aren't playing. 

Jeanfield drawn to Annan away the same day Saints play Celtic away.

Given the possibility no away fans will be in parkhead there’s a decent chance of Jeanfield taking a good support.

26 minutes ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

If they were only offering £1500 for a monday night live game id rather we kept it a Saturday and got the numbers through the gate. What kinda away crowd do Elgin bring?

It won't be big given recent form I'd predict. Horrible draw for us, I'd probably make Clydebank favourites.

5 minutes ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Watched some of the highlights just there. Wigtown keeper may have produced the worst individual performance in the competition’s history.

You haven't seen the Clachnacuddin keeper's from yesterday. :bag

6 hours ago, roy of the rovers said:

In  the Scottish Cup the SFA pay for travelling expenses when the sides are more than 40 miles apart, dunno if that includes lunch tho'

Not quite

32.1 The Scottish FA will, as a measure of financial assistance, provide a payment to each Away Club in the Preliminary Round(s) (if applicable), Round One and Round Two, (except those which are played at a Neutral Ground) whether it be a first Match or a replay, which requires travel from a Club’s Registered Ground to the Registered Ground at which the Match is being played of a distance of more than 50 miles to play a Match. In such event, and subject to the submission of an original travel invoice, the Scottish FA will contribute up to a maximum of £600 to such Club.

Needs to be 50 miles and only for the first two rounds, though granted that will still allow Albion Rovers a grant in this case. It's a maximum of £600 though. That's not going to go far covering two buses (for Covid regulations) to Brora. That's at least £2k right there before you talk about meals and potentially an overnight stay though I doubt Rovers will be able to afford that.

3 minutes ago, bendan said:

Was just watching the highlights. Looks like he had never headed a football in his entire life.

Watching it live I think he just realised he was out of his box and panicked, obviously misjudging the bounce. Poor c**t will likely relive it for the rest of his life.

6 hours ago, bendan said:

Loving watching the highlights on the Scottish Cup Youtube channel. What on earth is the BBC Scotland channel for if it's not to show stuff like this?

Its great isn't it. I spent a good hour watching all the highlights yesterday.