Scottish Cup 2021/22

2 minutes ago, virginton said:

Hence Clydebank's hitherto stunning success in developing a core support from their part of Glasgow. 

'Local people' have dozens of opportunities to wander to Holm Park for a home game ok a Saturday at 3pm. This knicker-wetting about having one game moved is utterly ridiculous. 

No-one is wetting their knickers, it's a forum to air opinions.

Edited by jimbaxters

15 hours ago, Inanimate Carbon Rod said:

No its ok its not New Cumnock they’re travelling to, its Clydebank. 
Think Elgin are mostly based around Perth and the central belt in terms of players etc so not too much of a hardship and Clydebank weren’t expecting a large travelling support anyway. 
I do think it will impact the crowd but not to any massive degree. My preference would have been to keep it on a saturday but it is what it is. 

Nah the majority of the squad is north based these days. I'll try get there but a Monday makes it far less appealing.

On 30/09/2021 at 18:42, Ginaro said:

Wouldn't Celtic and Partick Thistle at home on Saturday limit Saturday afternoon neutrals?

Monday night rather than Sat afternoon suits me.

Holm Park capacity over 3000 - what is the record attendance?

8 minutes ago, Eder said:

Monday night rather than Sat afternoon suits me.

Holm Park capacity over 3000 - what is the record attendance?

dont know what its record is but many years ago sometime early sixties was at a Yoker v Vale of Leven junior cup tie and the crowd was over 6000

I've got nae interest in Clydebank or Elgin but this being a Monday, and a short bus journey from my work, is making me consider having a couple of pints with pals from that way and going along because there's f**k all else to do on a Monday. 

If it was a Saturday I'd be at the Morton game or out with the missus. Clydebank fans will go any day of the week so having it on a Monday might increase the crowd for folk with nothing else on, ground hoppers, other sad b*****ds and the like.

Bit Harsh on Elgin fans but at least they can watch it from home or the pub.

On 27/09/2021 at 22:15, HibeeJibee said:

Blast from the past: I see Penicuik have been charged with not listing 2 regular goalkeepers in their Preliminary Round win over Dundonald. That was (roughly) what St Mirren got a slap on the wrist for many years ago against Spartans.

Given potential for players to be unavailable due to isolation/etc. maybe this rule should've been suspended. Penicuik has exited cup by now anyway.

On 28/09/2021 at 12:18, Stu said:

From memory our problem was we didn't list enough under-21 players in the squad/on the bench. Our sub goalie was under-21 (and possibly even part of the Scotland under-21 squad) but for some weird reason only outfield players counted.

We got fined £25,000 which was ridiculous. It got halved on appeal and various sponsors paid part of it so don't think the club was too out of pocket in the end. Dunno if that rule is still in place.

Penicuik have been fined £1,000.

Harsh IMO.

It’s a small fine relative too what’s been given before, even when you account for it being an earlier round.

IMO it’s an unnecessary rule(who does it harm?).  Fine Probably a result of officialdom that new entrants are not used too.

Edited by parsforlife

On 03/10/2021 at 20:42, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I've got nae interest in Clydebank or Elgin but this being a Monday, and a short bus journey from my work, is making me consider having a couple of pints with pals from that way and going along because there's f**k all else to do on a Monday. 

If it was a Saturday I'd be at the Morton game or out with the missus. Clydebank fans will go any day of the week so having it on a Monday might increase the crowd for folk with nothing else on, ground hoppers, other sad b*****ds and the like.

Bit Harsh on Elgin fans but at least they can watch it from home or the pub.

The capacity is currently 1040 due to a lack of multiple entrances and exits in the main. Game is almost a sellout so hopefully you managed to get a ticket. 

In an unlikely event any of this weekend's ties are postponed or abandoned, the majority will try again the following Saturday: although Cowdenbeath v Civil Service and Dunbar v LTHV would be Tue 26th; Brechin v Haddington, East Stirlingshire v Bonnyrigg and Edinburgh City v Bo'ness Utd would be Wed 27th; Berwick v Stirling Albion and Clydebank v Elgin could be Tue 2nd Nov.

Unsurprisingly almost every replay is the following Saturday: only exceptions are Civil Service v Cowdenbeath (Tuesday 26th) and Stirling Albion v Berwick (Tuesday 2nd) for whatever reason.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

In an unlikely event any of this weekend's ties are postponed or abandoned, the majority will try again the following Saturday: although Cowdenbeath v Civil Service and Dunbar v LTHV would be Tue 26th; Brechin v Haddington, East Stirlingshire v Bonnyrigg and Edinburgh City v Bo'ness Utd would be Wed 27th; Berwick v Stirling Albion and Clydebank v Elgin could be Tue 2nd Nov.

Unsurprisingly almost every replay is the following Saturday: only exceptions are Civil Service v Cowdenbeath (Tuesday 26th) and Stirling Albion v Berwick (Tuesday 2nd) for whatever reason.

I presume a midweek replay for us would be because we are at Annan on the Saturday.

A midweek trip to Muirhouse would be better than a midweek one down there.

Interesting point which ocurred to me this evening. Never has a club from tier 7 made it past the Second Round: indeed Haddington and Preston last season were the first to make it that far. (It was also called the 'First Round' in 2020-21 if we're being pedantic).

They're all underdogs but tantalising to see if Dunipace, Haddington or Preston could make history this time around.

EDIT: There have also been relatively few instances of a club from tier 6 making it past the Second Round. By my reckoning only LTHV in 2015-16 (when they went onto reach R4) and again in 2017-18; Penicuik, Linlithgow and Broxburn (who also made R4) in 2019-20; Linlithgow again and Tranent last season. Never outwith of EOS yet.

It's guaranteed to happen again this time via Dunbar v LTHV, Sauchie v Dunipace (tier 7) and Preston (tier 7) v Auchinleck. Many of the other 7 will fancy their chance v sides from higher tier... only Jeanfield, Clydebank and Darvel face SPFL2.

Edited by HibeeJibee

17 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Interesting point which ocurred to me this evening. Never has a club from tier 7 made it past the Second Round: indeed Haddington and Preston last season were the first to make it that far. (It was also called the 'First Round' in 2020-21 if we're being pedantic).

They're all underdogs but tantalising to see if Dunipace, Haddington or Preston could make history this time around.

If any of those three got to the next round and were drawn against a Championship or top L1 team they would also make history with the largest gap between two sides since the pyramid was introduced (currently 54: St Mirren v Broxburn).