Scottish Cup 2021/22

Horrendous decision from the board!

Why do we persist with this attention seeking rubbish as if we need to be noticed by all and sundry in the football league ranks.

A big giruy to all the supporters all to have a couple of hours on the crappy BBC Scotland channel that very few people anyone watches anyway.

The board don't technically have a choice. If the BBC want to show it then they've every right to show it. Clydebank agreed to those rules and will clearly very happily be taking the prize money that is associated with the various TV deals.

1 hour ago, craigkillie said:

The board don't technically have a choice. If the BBC want to show it then they've every right to show it. Clydebank agreed to those rules and will clearly very happily be taking the prize money that is associated with the various TV deals.

They don't, but Irvine have shown if you don't want to be on TV the BBC aren't necessary going to fight their corner so they show the game. 

5 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

That is going to be less likely as the tournament progresses though.

True, and Berwick vs gretna was already thought to be a potential TV game, It was certainly an easier job for BBC if they are consider another game as good for broadcast.  If their choice is fight for their contractual right to show the game of choice or go to their 2nd pick what they do will depend on how big of difference they consider to be between the games.

I also think part of the appeal to show these games is the ability to "tell the story" of the clubs involved. Something significantly more difficult if the clubs are not open to TV.

As it is I think the Irvine position will be a rare one, most clubs will be delighted with the coverage.

14 hours ago, bankieholm4me4 said:

Horrendous decision from the board!

Why do we persist with this attention seeking rubbish as if we need to be noticed by all and sundry in the football league ranks.

A big giruy to all the supporters all to have a couple of hours on the crappy BBC Scotland channel that very few people anyone watches anyway.

Means I can’t go now but this is a pile of nonsense.

it’s the boards job - a board made up of volunteers - to promote the club and find additional income streams.

Did you really just join the forum yesterday to have a pop at our board?

3 hours ago, jimbaxters said:

There does seem to have been a bit of "Get us on the telly!" about this rather than common sense in getting "bums on seats".

Not really about being desperate to be on the telly, it makes commercial sense for the club to get money from bbc, as well as pack the ground on a monday night and be able to attract sponsors and advertising. 

Being on the TV definitely affects the attendances of run of the mill games, but this is one of the biggest matches in Clydebank's recent history. I can't really see that many folk are going to choose to sit and home and watch it rather than having the chance to be there and experience it for themselves.

18 hours ago, parsforlife said:

True, and Berwick vs gretna was already thought to be a potential TV game, It was certainly an easier job for BBC if they are consider another game as good for broadcast.  If their choice is fight for their contractual right to show the game of choice or go to their 2nd pick what they do will depend on how big of difference they consider to be between the games.

I also think part of the appeal to show these games is the ability to "tell the story" of the clubs involved. Something significantly more difficult if the clubs are not open to TV.

As it is I think the Irvine position will be a rare one, most clubs will be delighted with the coverage.

No one wants to play or watch football on a Monday night.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Being on the TV definitely affects the attendances of run of the mill games, but this is one of the biggest matches in Clydebank's recent history. I can't really see that many folk are going to choose to sit and home and watch it rather than having the chance to be there and experience it for themselves.

Clydebank fans, no. It's more about getting neutrals in. Saturday afternoon is the time for that. Also, there will be an Elgin forum where the fans are talking about maybe not "travelling to the arsehole of nowhere on a wet Monday night."

18 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Clydebank fans, no. It's more about getting neutrals in. Saturday afternoon is the time for that. Also, there will be an Elgin forum where the fans are talking about maybe not "travelling to the arsehole of nowhere on a wet Monday night."

Wouldn't Celtic and Partick Thistle at home on Saturday limit Saturday afternoon neutrals?

Might also affect Elgin coming down on a Monday night so could give Clydebank more of a chance to progress?

1 minute ago, Ginaro said:

Wouldn't Celtic and Partick Thistle at home on Saturday limit Saturday afternoon neutrals?

Might also affect Elgin coming down on a Monday night so could give Clydebank more of a chance to progress?

The first point, hardly comparing apples with apples there. I'm talking about local people who Clydebank are trying to pick up as fans as they progress. They're more likely to wander along to Holm Park than hike to Firhill or Celtic. 

The second point... Bobs Burgers Straws GIF

46 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

Also, there will be an Elgin forum where the fans are talking about maybe not "travelling to the arsehole of nowhere on a wet Monday night."

No its ok its not New Cumnock they’re travelling to, its Clydebank. 
Think Elgin are mostly based around Perth and the central belt in terms of players etc so not too much of a hardship and Clydebank weren’t expecting a large travelling support anyway. 
I do think it will impact the crowd but not to any massive degree. My preference would have been to keep it on a saturday but it is what it is. 

32 minutes ago, jimbaxters said:

The first point, hardly comparing apples with apples there. I'm talking about local people who Clydebank are trying to pick up as fans as they progress. They're more likely to wander along to Holm Park than hike to Firhill or Celtic

Hence Clydebank's hitherto stunning success in developing a core support from their part of Glasgow. 

'Local people' have dozens of opportunities to wander to Holm Park for a home game ok a Saturday at 3pm. This knicker-wetting about having one game moved is utterly ridiculous.