Scottish Cup 2021/22

I've been going through all the highlights when I get a spare few minutes and, f**k me, that mistake by the Clachnacuddin keeper is the greatest goalkeeping error I've ever seen.

So far the Sauchie game looked the best game, Dunbar's first was the best goal and Glasgow University's #2 wins multiple awards for being the least arsed footballer I've ever seen. 

On 20/09/2021 at 10:12, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Hopefully Cumnock get through as that would be something different, albeit a banana peel given our recent record.

I'm sure Cumnock has a few pubs we'd get a warm reception in

They have a cracking social club 50 yards from the park and weve always been welcome in there 

Mon the papers

On 17/09/2021 at 13:59, Skyline Drifter said:

Obviously the whole thing is a personal take and you can see it how you wish but I agree with everything you said up to the above. Rangers are patently the same club no matter what the mischief makers would like. There was a gap with Clydebank and the existing legal entity became something else. It's a different club for me, like Gretna, and indeed Airdrie.

I don't agree with Livingston / Meadowbank though. It's the same club, it retained the same directors and players when it relocated, even some fans, though the majority deserted them. There was a name change of course but fundamentally it wasn't any different to Clyde moving from Glasgow to Cumbernauld. I presume you don't consider them a different club?

Further evidence on Meadowbank / Livingston is that the hospitality suites at Almondvale are named the Ferranti Suite and Meadowbank Suite so they’re at least claiming some of the clubs history from those days.

1 hour ago, ShrimpLok said:

Further evidence on Meadowbank / Livingston is that the hospitality suites at Almondvale are named the Ferranti Suite and Meadowbank Suite so they’re at least claiming some of the clubs history from those days.

Yeah, I'm surprised at @craigkillie take on them being a different club. It makes no sense to me. As far as I can recall they have always purported to be the same club. The only difference between them and Clyde was Clyde didn't change name when they moved to Cumbernauld (and that Meadowbank moved directly to Livingston without bouncing around a few years of shared grounds first). They are the same company, retained Meadowbank's membership of the SFL, didn't go bust first, retained some or all of the same directors, staff and players, etc. I'm not aware of any conscious effort to shake off Meadowbank or Ferranti's history either unlike both Airdrie and Gretna 2008. Far closer to the Clyde case than Airdrie / Clydebank where a bankruptcy and an absolute change of everything involved with the club ensued. Even that one is technically the same club but from a practical point of view it makes sense to count it as a different one.

14 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Yeah, I'm surprised at @craigkillie take on them being a different club. It makes no sense to me. As far as I can recall they have always purported to be the same club. The only difference between them and Clyde was Clyde didn't change name when they moved to Cumbernauld (and that Meadowbank moved directly to Livingston without bouncing around a few years of shared grounds first). They are the same company, retained Meadowbank's membership of the SFL, didn't go bust first, retained some or all of the same directors, staff and players, etc. I'm not aware of any conscious effort to shake off Meadowbank or Ferranti's history either unlike both Airdrie and Gretna 2008. Far closer to the Clyde case than Airdrie / Clydebank where a bankruptcy and an absolute change of everything involved with the club ensued. Even that one is technically the same club but from a practical point of view it makes sense to count it as a different one.

There was no bankruptcy or liquidation involved with us.League membership was transferred and everything else was given back to the supporters trust.The gap was only because it happened so close to the start of the season that we had nowhere to play!!

30 minutes ago, Bankies Alive said:

There was no bankruptcy or liquidation involved with us.League membership was transferred and everything else was given back to the supporters trust.The gap was only because it happened so close to the start of the season that we had nowhere to play!!

The original Airdrie went bankrupt.

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Also worth mentioning that we have a Meadowbank second division title win listed under our club honours, whether rightly or wrongly.

On 21/09/2021 at 08:49, AsimButtHitsASix said:

I've been going through all the highlights when I get a spare few minutes and, f**k me, that mistake by the Clachnacuddin keeper is the greatest goalkeeping error I've ever seen.

So far the Sauchie game looked the best game, Dunbar's first was the best goal and Glasgow University's #2 wins multiple awards for being the least arsed footballer I've ever seen. 

W&B keeper with three howlers in one match v St. Cuthbert's overtakes the Clach keeper now I seen all the goals

On 22/09/2021 at 09:58, Bankies Alive said:

As in what exactly? Wont profess to knowing much about this but I thought everybody had the current Clydebank as a phoenix club.

Edited by gannonball