Scottish Cup 2021/22

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

That looked a sore one. His knee looked liked it buckled there as he went to pick the ball up.

Zero idea why he tried to play on, he's quite clearly fucked.

25 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

So, did the BBC pick this because of 1967? The "Gretna fairytale"? Or that this is a local derby? The first of which was long ago. The second one was a completely different club. The third one is just plain mince.

BBC's plan A said naw due to the paltry money on offer. I'm assuming this game is plan D or something.

7 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

They wanted Irvine Meadow v Auchinleck but they wanted it played on Saturday for a bigger crowd so they went this this one I believe.

Meadow and Talbot said they would play on Friday night for TV, When the BBC insisted on Monday they declined as the money wasn't worth it

Edited by Wile E Coyote

2 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Is that Rory Loy with Rob McLean? He keeps saying he played with Harris at Falkirk and he's the only Rory I can think of who it might be.

It is.

Edit: we've got two players on loan at Gretna. Gary Holt's son (😒) is a keeper. Blair Sneddon, LB, is the other. Neither of them on the teamsheet.

Edited by Ranaldo Bairn

7 hours ago, Talbot supporter said:

Is Preston Athletic a good team

Not good enough to seriously challenge a West Premier side, no. They've made a  good start to the season but it would be a huge shock if it was anything other than a routine win for Talbot.

20 minutes ago, Wile E Coyote said:

Meadow and Talbot said they would play on Friday night for TV, When the BBC insisted on Monday they declined as the money wasn't worth it

Unless I'm mistaken, the clubs technically couldn't decline because the competition rules say the could be made to play it on that date. However the BBC decided to pick a different game rather than enforcing that.

BBC were already showing a live game on Friday night which is why I assume it couldn't be then.

Edited by craigkillie