Scottish Cup 2021/22

10 hours ago, Mon_The_Fife said:

I take it that Wigtown ‘keeper’ was just someone’s mate who was called up last minute as they were short and isn’t actually a goalkeeper?

Playing against his former club on Saturday, I'm sure he was Saints only player from Kirkcudbright as well which will make it worse for him.

12 hours ago, bendan said:

Loving watching the highlights on the Scottish Cup Youtube channel. What on earth is the BBC Scotland channel for if it's not to show stuff like this?

BBC Scotlands football coverage is getting worse. Their website for Scottish results is shocking, sportscene which was never great just seems so amateur now. I started watching expecting Scottish cup highlights but turned off after a few mins when clear weren't showing any. Do they not own the rights to show cup highlights or is it more a technical thing about the video quality not being up to tv standard?

Edited by morley

2 hours ago, LoonsYouthTeam said:

Hopefully Cumnock get through as that would be something different, albeit a banana peel given our recent record.

I'm sure Cumnock has a few pubs we'd get a warm reception in

There are some decent pubs within a few minutes walk of Townhead Park, and they have a social club next to the ground.. 

Just watched all the highlight (Spartans game just been put up) on YouTube.  Great stuff and some good goals.

Highlight got to be the Clach keeper. He didn't know either to kick or head so done neither.

@LoonsYouthTeam don't make plans yet, that Cumnock v Formartine games not over by any chance, thought Formartine looked the better team.

15 hours ago, Sherrif John Bunnell said:

Even though Banks O' Dee will beat Nairn very easily, I'm still looking forward to visiting a new ground, although I imagine Spain Park will soon become a very regular destination for Nairn.

Dinna rule your team out of the match Banks only beat Turriff 1-0 in the last round 

Trying to find the line ups, only to get sidetracked by the discovery Rowan Alexander had returned to Gretna a few years back and then been sacked a few weeks back.

So, did the BBC pick this because of 1967? The "Gretna fairytale"? Or that this is a local derby? The first of which was long ago. The second one was a completely different club. The third one is just plain mince.

7 minutes ago, RosspCfc said:

Berwick could win this by double figures. Gretna aren't very good. Nice to see they aren't claiming to be the same club unlike some

Funny how the BBC interviewer didn't mention the "L" word when interviewing the Gretna2008 manager pre-match in case she upset any of her Sportscene colleagues.

1 minute ago, RosspCfc said:

So, did the BBC pick this because of 1967? The "Gretna fairytale"? Or that this is a local derby? The first of which was long ago. The second one was a completely different club. The third one is just plain mince.

Near neighbours according to Rob :1eye Really poor choice of game.