Scottish Cup 2021/22

27 minutes ago, Raith_Raver said:

HTF are Dunipace in the East of Scotland League 🙄

Although they moved from the Juniors to EOS before there was a "formal" boundary between, Dunipace are not far from Falkirk and to the east of the EOS/WOS boundary which is based on the council areas (North Lanarkshire/Falkirk).

I was at the Locos v Jeanfield game. The first game of fitbaw I’ve seen as a neutral in over 2 years and it was an interesting watch. Jeanfield brought up a really good and vocal support and the added noise of the chuff chuffs made it a very lively afternoon. It had the atmosphere of a cup tie. It was really enjoyable. Jeanfield cruised it. Locos were really really poor. IMO the Highland league is pretty dire, the cup results today sort of prove that. I’ve seen the shire play Huntley and bash them 4-1 and pump the locos 5-0 in the past few years, I think it is certainly high in reputation but low in quality. I don’t think locos managed to string 5 passes together without hoofing it long. Jeanfield played some really good stuff and scored 3 decent goals. Locos missed a penalty at 3-0 but doubt that would have made any difference. I certainly wouldn’t want to draw Jeanfield tomorrow.

looking forward to the draw, hoping for a nice easy home tie or a mad away day.

3 hours ago, GNU_Linux said:

Well done to Vale of Leithen on not being the recepient of the biggest drubbing of the round.

They were up against their mirror image, joke social club outfit of Scottish football so it was hardly likely.

Saint Cuthbert's should be given a bye instead of having to navigate another round of ex-Junior diddies. A true Scottish Cup needs a South of Scotland outfit in the big team draw. 

12 hours ago, craigiemack said:

I was at the Locos v Jeanfield game. The first game of fitbaw I’ve seen as a neutral in over 2 years and it was an interesting watch. Jeanfield brought up a really good and vocal support and the added noise of the chuff chuffs made it a very lively afternoon. It had the atmosphere of a cup tie. It was really enjoyable. Jeanfield cruised it. Locos were really really poor. IMO the Highland league is pretty dire, the cup results today sort of prove that. I’ve seen the shire play Huntley and bash them 4-1 and pump the locos 5-0 in the past few years, I think it is certainly high in reputation but low in quality. I don’t think locos managed to string 5 passes together without hoofing it long. Jeanfield played some really good stuff and scored 3 decent goals. Locos missed a penalty at 3-0 but doubt that would have made any difference. I certainly wouldn’t want to draw Jeanfield tomorrow.

looking forward to the draw, hoping for a nice easy home tie or a mad away day.

I was at the game as well and it was a fair description. Would disagree with the league being dire. Last season when the cup resumed there were 7 Highland League teams and no Lowland League teams. In fact no other non league teams. Brora then beat Hearts. I would suggest the East of Scotland Premier is stronger than the league Shire play in at the moment.

Nobody would deny the Lowland League will become very strong in years to come but it is brilliant there is at least some semblance of a Pyramid.

Edited by Strathman

Annan Athletic v Jeanfield Swifts
Banks o'Dee v Nairn County
Berwick Rangers/Gretna 2008 v Stirling Albion
Brechin City v Haddington Athletic/Deveronvale
Brora Rangers v Albion Rovers
Broomhill v Tranent

Cowdenbeath v Civil Service Strollers
Clydebank v Elgin City
Cumnock/Formartine United v Forfar Athletic
Dalbeattie Star/Newtongrange Star v Rothes
Dunbar United v Lothian Thistle HV/Edinburgh University
East Kilbride v University of Stirling
East Stirlingshire v Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic
Edinburgh City v Bo'ness United/Wick Academy
Kelty Hearts v Buckie Thistle/Cumbernauld Colts
Preston Athletic v Auchinleck Talbot

St Cuthbert Wanderers v Gala Fairydean Rovers
Sauchie v Dunipace
Stenhousemuir v Huntly

Stranraer v Darvel

Clydebank-Elgin for TV IMO, possibly Kelty-Buckie.

Albion Rovers will be devastated at their bus and lunch bill.

15 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Albion Rovers will be devastated at their bus and lunch bill.

:lol:

Asked for his reaction to the vote, a relieved Reid said: “It saves us a trip to Brora.

“I never realised how far away Brora is – it’s nearly up at John O’Groats. I was speaking to the chairman and the board the other day about that.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/local-sport/albion-rovers-gaffers-birthday-relief-22198675