Scottish Cup 2021/22

6 hours ago, Shannon said:

When would any replays of drawn games be played? Would it be the following Saturday or midweek or up to clubs to decide?

Following weekend unless the clubs prefer the midweeks either side - not unknown, but uncommon before R3.

For example Dundonald v Penicuik is trying again on Tuesday in all eventualities; Blackburn v Easthouses is trying again on Wednesday (clashing with Denmark v Scotland) in event of postponement or abandonment, but not a replay which is next Saturday.

On 25/08/2021 at 13:54, Ginaro said:

Interesting to note that Irvine Meadow v Musselburgh has an all-female officiating team, wonder if that's the first time this has occurred here in the men's game?

Referee: Lorraine Watson, AR1: Vikki Allan, AR2: Vikki Robertson

No because we had it in 2014/2015 vs Newtongrange Star in the Quarter Final of the FIfe and lothians cup

On 23/08/2021 at 11:22, realmadrid said:

I'm going to take in Jeanfield Swifts v Whitehill Welfare on Saturday.

The last time Whitehill Welfare were in Perth for a Scottish cup tie was in the 3rd round in January 1987 when a then 2nd Division Saints won 4-0.

Always a tall order going to Muirton but they had played Albion Rovers on the Wednesday night.

On 23/08/2021 at 23:14, newcastle broon said:

Whitehill taking their only Scottish League scalp to this day Albion Rovers in the previous round. 

Had manys a replay though against league opposition. 

There was a day when I would never miss a Welfare game in the Cup, I'd avoid booking holidays etc. Can't see them winning this, so they'd be out of the Cup before end of August for the first time in their history. Probably take in Lithgae v Banks.

Are Jeanfield likely to issue a programme for this?

7 minutes ago, The Mantis said:

Always a tall order going to Muirton but they had played Albion Rovers on the Wednesday night.

There was a day when I would never miss a Welfare game in the Cup, I'd avoid booking holidays etc. Can't see them winning this, so they'd be out of the Cup before end of August for the first time in their history. Probably take in Lithgae v Banks.

Are Jeanfield likely to issue a programme for this?

Ive not missed a St Johnstone Scottish cup tie since 1986 so that Welfare game is part of my run. Last seasons semi final at Hampden was the 100th game in a row (it helps being on the media team)

I would doubt there would be a programme, ive certainly not seen one at Jeanfield yet.

5 minutes ago, realmadrid said:

Ive not missed a St Johnstone Scottish cup tie since 1986 so that Welfare game is part of my run. Last seasons semi final at Hampden was the 100th game in a row (it helps being on the media team)

I would doubt there would be a programme, ive certainly not seen one at Jeanfield yet.

Aye I would doubt if they would issue, but I remember one year the programmes were tied in with the sponsorship, must have been during the Tennents days.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

Whitehill were previously eliminated on Saturday 25th August 2012 (2-4 v Inverurie) and Saturday 31st August 2019 (0-1 v Penicuik).

22 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Following weekend unless the clubs prefer the midweeks either side - not unknown, but uncommon before R3.

For example Dundonald v Penicuik is trying again on Tuesday in all eventualities; Blackburn v Easthouses is trying again on Wednesday (clashing with Denmark v Scotland) in event of postponement or abandonment, but not a replay which is next Saturday.

Confirmed all other ties would retry next Saturday for all eventualities.

4 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Whitehill were previously eliminated on Saturday 25th August 2012 (2-4 v Inverurie

Should have twigged that - the Futbology app told me 2 days ago that I was there 9 years ago 😂

Results-of-the-day are Golspie, Coldstream and Preston.

Impressive debut from Dunbar.

R1 draw:

Highland League (18)
Brechin City, Brora Rangers, Buckie Thistle, Clachnacuddin, Deveronvale, Formartine United, Forres Mechanics, Fort William, Fraserburgh, Huntly, Inverurie Loco Works, Keith, Lossiemouth, Nairn County, Rothes, Strathspey Thistle, Turriff United, Wick Academy

East of Scotland League (16)
Premier Division     Blackburn United, Camelon, Dunbar United, Hill of Beath Hawthorn, Jeanfield Swifts, Lothian Thistle HV, Newtongrange Star, Penicuik Athletic, Sauchie, Tranent, Tynecastle
First Division     Coldstream, Dalkeith Thistle/Burntisland Shipyard, Dunipace, Haddington Athletic, Preston Athletic

Lowland League (16)
Berwick Rangers, Bo'ness United, Bonnyrigg Rose Athletic, Broomhill, Caledonian Braves, Civil Service Strollers, Cumbernauld Colts, Dalbeattie Star, East Kilbride, East Stirlingshire, Edinburgh University, Gala Fairydean Rovers, Gretna 2008, Spartans, University of Stirling, Vale of Leithen

West of Scotland League (6)
Premier Division     Auchinleck Talbot, Clydebank, Cumnock, Darvel, Irvine Meadow
First Division     Glasgow University

South of Scotland League (2)
St Cuthbert Wanderers, Wigtown & Bladnoch

North Caledonian League (1)
Golspie Sutherland

North Juniors (1)
Banks o'Dee

Edited by HibeeJibee

Worth noting that with 60 clubs this is the biggest Scottish Cup round since 1930-31 (when 64 contested R1).

Civil Service, Dalbeattie, East Stirlingshire, Fraserburgh, Glasgow Uni, St Cuthbert and Vale of Leithen also featured 91yrs ago alongside previous guises of Bo'ness and Clydebank.

1 hour ago, Marshmallo said:

In fairness Preston and Coldstream beat teams from a league that is below the one they play in quality wise.

Hawick were bottom of the league as well so I did not get    them being favourites to beat Golspie.  A depleted Banks O’Dee beating Linlithgow Rose away I thought was some result.