New Pyramid Forum Structure

As requested by a few members we've re-structured our forums a wee bit to better reflect the new pyramid structure feeding into the SPFL.

There is a new Pyramid category with sub forums in there covering (I hope) all the leagues in the pyramid. At the moment all the North Pyramid leagues are in a single sub-forum. We will of course split these out into their own league sections if there is sufficient demand.

Welcome any feedback on the changes, positive or negative!

1 minute ago, Div said:

As requested by a few members we've re-structured our forums a wee bit to better reflect the new pyramid structure feeding into the SPFL.

There is a new Pyramid category with sub forums in there covering (I hope) all the leagues in the pyramid. At the moment all the North Pyramid leagues are in a single sub-forum. We will of course split these out into their own league sections if there is sufficient demand.

Careful, lads, it's a trap...

At least stick the North Pyramid next to above the Lowland League with it including the Highland League an aw. Sticking it at the bottom makes it look like it's tier 8 or something. Harrumph!

14 minutes ago, Div said:

Where do you suggest this season's junior cup should be discussed?

2 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

At least stick the North Pyramid next to above the Lowland League with it including the Highland League an aw. Sticking it at the bottom makes it look like it's tier 8 or something. Harrumph!

Hardly anyone from the north posts on here anyway, well at least until Brechin dropped.

It's fine where it is.

5 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

Hardly anyone from the north posts on here anyway, well at least until Brechin dropped.

It's fine where it is.

Maybe we should just rank the leagues by population density then. 

36 minutes ago, welshbairn said:

27 minutes ago, Whitburn Vale said:

Agree with a North pyramid section as discussion is lower on here north of the Tay.

But feel the HL should have it's own section with being the tier 5 league and the other 3 leagues banded together for now.

33 minutes ago, Tynierose said:

It's fine where it is.

Even with Brechin - experience suggests North will have "low traffic". HL sub-forum always incorporated North Caley and sometimes North Junior chat. Most non-HL chat will cover promotion/etc.

Sensible having LL then feeders below; combined North (whether above/below); plus retaining Juniors not just archivally but since Junior Cup still runs - Div hasn't deactivated posting - albeit much chat will end-up in West club threads/etc.; IMO.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 minute ago, HibeeJibee said:

Even allowing for Brechin - experience suggests North will have low traffic. Sensible to have LL then its feeders below, plus North, plus Juniors sub-forum (especially as Junior Cup still runs), IMO.

I've no problem with lumping the North pyramid together as a lot of posts and topics crossover, but putting the Highland League below tier 6 doesn't make sense. Don't see what post count has to do with it.

There's a Cup forum which can be used for that, or otherwise it can be discussed in each of the individual forums which is what currently happens for the South Challenge Cup.

9 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

There's a Cup forum which can be used for that, or otherwise it can be discussed in each of the individual forums which is what currently happens for the South Challenge Cup.

The question was addressed to Div not to you.

37 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The Cup forum I guess?

It's always been a bit hit and miss that as even with the Scottish Cup you get threads popping up in the various league sections especially when you get teams from the same division meeting in the cup.

Open to ideas!

3 minutes ago, Div said:

I've moved North Pyramid to the top, so the flow is a bit better than having it after LL. Does that look better?

I think so. Fits with how things were before with the Highland League above Lowland League.

Maybe move the 'Midlands League' thread from the Juniors forum to the North Pyramid forum since it's an active thread.

1 minute ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I think so. Fits with how things were before with the Highland League above Lowland League.

Maybe move the 'Midlands League' thread from the Juniors forum to the North Pyramid forum since it's an active thread.

Done!

1 minute ago, Div said:

The Cup forum I guess?

It's always been a bit hit and miss that as even with the Scottish Cup you get threads popping up in the various league sections especially when you get teams from the same division meeting in the cup.

Open to ideas!

Could you move this thread there then?

End of the day there's no limit to the number of forums or sub forums we have and we can of course have sub-sub forums as well, but I like to keep it as simple as possible as if you start burying things too far then folk miss it or get pissed off having to click several times to get to where they want to go.

By the same token I've always wanted P&B to be about the whole game, and there's always room for improvement so keep the feedback coming.

3 minutes ago, LongTimeLurker said:

Could you move this thread there then?

Done, and I've added Junior Cups to the description on the Domestic Cups category.