The Premiere Division 2021-22

On 18/04/2022 at 14:29, Burnieman said:

Whitehill, Camelon and (nearly) Nitten gone, and 10th to 15th now covered by only three points with a good chance five will go down, it's going to be some end to the season at the bottom.  Some clubs who thought they were safe are now getting a bit nervous.

Tranent looking the form team at the top, do they have what it takes to beat Talbot/Darvel?

Dunbar v Blackburn on Saturday is a must not lose game for both clubs. Games are running out to pick up the points required to remain in this league. Am I correct in thinking  Dunbar have failed to keep a clean sheet in 30 league games,if true,its astonishing, so with that kind of stat, we look like we will need goals to take anything from this game. If wrong I apologise.  It gets harder to win games when you need the points but with 3 of our last 4 at home,it is in our own hands. We have just picked up 4pts from 3 difficult away games and we just need to take it a game at a time,3 points on Saturday would help us massively but Blackburn are in the same position of needing points and have picked up good away wins recently so this could be some game with goals. Come on Dunbar let's go for it.

1 minute ago, imho said:

Dunbar v Blackburn on Saturday is a must not lose game for both clubs. Games are running out to pick up the points required to remain in this league. Am I correct in thinking  Dunbar have failed to keep a clean sheet in 30 league games,if true,its astonishing, so with that kind of stat, we look like we will need goals to take anything from this game. If wrong I apologise.  It gets harder to win games when you need the points but with 3 of our last 4 at home,it is in our own hands. We have just picked up 4pts from 3 difficult away games and we just need to take it a game at a time,3 points on Saturday would help us massively but Blackburn are in the same position of needing points and have picked up good away wins recently so this could be some game with goals. Come on Dunbar let's go for it.

It's a must win for us, or at the very least a must not lose. However as you say, games are running out.

We're actually better away from home (21pts) than at home (13pts) which is part of the reason why we are where we are. We've won more away than we've lost and have 3 of our 4 remaining games away.

1 hour ago, imho said:

Blackburn supporter here but certainly have a soft spot for Dunbar. Partly just enjoying the trip to East Lothian and partly the fact Dunbar and Blackburn have been neck and neck for the past 6 seasons
Blackburn have notched up 2 of their 3 clean sheets in the league just within the past month, they haven't come easily! Not expecting a goal feast but happy to be proved wrong 🙂

I’ve been watching football at this level both previously in the juniors and more recently in the East of Scotland League for the last 25 years and in all that time and with all the teams that have visited Dunbar I’ve never encountered as big an idiot as was there today supporting Blackburn United. I acknowledge that we are all entitled to offer up our own opinion during the 90 minutes and that everyone’s opinion is valid, however there’s a fine line between offering your opinion and being a prat, and this individual definitely tended towards the latter. He never stopped! Claiming not only to be an SFA coach, but also some sort of MMA master. I have nothing against Blackburn, but on the basis of this individual i wouldn’t be too disappointed if they went down!

1 minute ago, RAB1968 said:

I’ve been watching football at this level both previously in the juniors and more recently in the East of Scotland League for the last 25 years and in all that time and with all the teams that have visited Dunbar I’ve never encountered as big an idiot as was there today supporting Blackburn United. I acknowledge that we are all entitled to offer up our own opinion during the 90 minutes and that everyone’s opinion is valid, however there’s a fine line between offering your opinion and being a prat, and this individual definitely tended towards the latter. He never stopped! Claiming not only to be an SFA coach, but also some sort of MMA master. I have nothing against Blackburn, but on the basis of this individual i wouldn’t be too disappointed if they went down!

An MMA master 🤣🤣🤣

Speaking of prats….. how are you doing Rab1968

48 minutes ago, RAB1968 said:

I’ve been watching football at this level both previously in the juniors and more recently in the East of Scotland League for the last 25 years and in all that time........

......I've never posted on P&B.

Never knew our small support had an SFA MMA Master coach 😂

2 hours ago, RAB1968 said:

How is the lad that went to hospital after being knocked unconscious?

5 hours ago, RAB1968 said:

The Twins would have had him sorted. And they're 89! :lol:

On 21/04/2022 at 17:34, PastyMan said:

Blackburn supporter here but certainly have a soft spot for Dunbar. Partly just enjoying the trip to East Lothian and partly the fact Dunbar and Blackburn have been neck and neck for the past 6 seasons
Blackburn have notched up 2 of their 3 clean sheets in the league just within the past month, they haven't come easily! Not expecting a goal feast but happy to be proved wrong 🙂

It wasn't a classic 4 goals a point a piece and results going our way elsewhere. Blackburn were the better team imo but we seem to have a lack of players available so it could turn out to be a valuable point . 

15 hours ago, budgie smuggler said:

Speaking of prats….. how are you doing Rab1968

Unfortunately almost every club has over enthusiastic supporters ourselves included but it shouldn't be held against the club. I never seen nor heard any out of order comments from anyone and hope that Blackburn and ourselves stay up.

3 minutes ago, imho said:

Unfortunately almost every club has over enthusiastic supporters ourselves included but it shouldn't be held against the club. I never seen nor heard any out of order comments from anyone and hope that Blackburn and ourselves stay up.

We welcome any supporters, over enthusiastic or not, we can't be picky 😂

I still need to find out who the MMA Master is though, could come in handy 🤔