The Premiere Division 2021-22

20 hours ago, Ginaro said:

It won't be the same as Bonnyrigg - by the rules if the WOS champions isn't licensed by 31 March (and there's been no waiver or period of grace) then they cannot qualify for the playoff.

We are basically guaranteed to have a EOS v SOS playoff, the only question is can Pollok get their licence sorted by the end of March. 

If I'm correct, the licensing deadlines have also changed. Clubs that recently had audits have another month or so to complete any further work that might be needed. If they don't do that by that deadline, it will only be 2023 when they get their licenses. So all eligible clubs will be known by 31/3.

Taken from the discussion on the WoS licensing thread.

Looks like clubs will get until May to get everything in order.

Pollok have permission to install floodlights and are currently fundraising.

There is every chance Pollok could be in a position to compete in a play off.

Although I can't see past Talbot.

image.png

Tbh this is only fair as Pollok are in the middle of putting up their lights.

Talbot are licensed already I think.

As a Linlithgow fan if we won the league I wouldnt want to go up on a technicality, I’m sure I speak for a Tranent and Penicuik fans too that the playoffs would be huge occasions we wouldn’t want to miss.

All that said it’s a nonsense they exist!

I went along to Ferguson Park this afternoon, a bit surprised that the game was still on.  

In what was one of a few relegation six pointers to come over the next couple of months, HOB fully deserved the points.  HOB, playing with the wind in the first half, went 2-0 up before Whitehill got a goal back just before the break.  In the 2nd half, HOB actually played better into the wind and might have scored a few more as the home side tired on a heavy pitch that started to cut up badly. Whitehill's 2nd was just a consolation late in stoppage time.

Whitehill played like they were increasingly resigned to relegation, while HOB played with lots more energy and look capable of easing their way out of the relegation battle. 

Edited by Footballfirst

Saturday 5th February 2022
Broxburn Athletic 3-1 Tynecastle
Camelon P-P Crossgates Primrose
Penicuik Athletic P-P Blackburn United
Whitehill Welfare 2-3 Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Broxburn return to winning ways. Hill of Beath ascend - Whitehill ominous.

194781844_EPJul17.JPG.6232e9ec3b1e87941988a76d8e8c9bbb.JPG

Saturday 12th February 2022
Camelon v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dunbar United v Lothian Thistle HV
Dundonald Bluebell v Blackburn United
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Penicuik Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts v Newtongrange Star
Linlithgow Rose v Crossgates Primrose
Sauchie v Whitehill Welfare
Tranent v Broxburn Athletic
Tynecastle v Musselburgh Athletic

Camelon P-P Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dunbar United 1-4 Lothian Thistle HV
Dundonald Bluebell 1-5 Blackburn United
Hill of Beath Hawthorn P-P Penicuik Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts 2-3 Newtongrange Star
Linlithgow Rose 5-2 Crossgates Primrose
Sauchie 4-0 Whitehill Welfare
Tranent 1-0 Broxburn Athletic
Tynecastle 3-3 Musselburgh Athletic

1603638102_EPJul17.JPG.7058ad74bf5b5169fb25bb7efb2ea0c6.JPG

Today the Premier Division was a league turned upside down. Linlithgow's incredible winning streak... now among the most remarkable in recent Scottish football history?... carries them to the very summit for the first time this season, having initially wallowed in mid-table. Tranent close-up behind.

In the relegation fight astonishing wins for all of Sauchie, LTHV, Blackburn and Newtongrange have electrified the fight for survival while leaving Whitehill shocked.

Surely no escape for Whitehill, they have games against Linlithgow and Crossgates so really only four to realistically get wins from. That would take them to 30 with the worst goal difference while those below have 10 games to score 5 points.

20 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Surely no escape for Whitehill, they have games against Linlithgow and Crossgates so really only four to realistically get wins from. That would take them to 30 with the worst goal difference while those below have 10 games to score 5 points.

What do we think the safe number is 36 or 37 points

14 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Probably round about that, usually in the 16-team East Superleague you needed about 30-32 points, so at least 1 PPG, to avoid relegation.

I was looking at all the teams run ins. I'd say lothian down have to look over their shoulder but the ones with the points have obvious advantage.

We have a tall order probably 5 wins out of 9 and a draw. 

Nitten away next week. Crossgates Hill of beath whitehill inverkeithing and maybe jeanfield got to take 5 wins from those 6. Tranent away penicuik at home and musselburgh away are a bogey club for us. So it's a tall order 

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Camelon P-P Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dunbar United 1-4 Lothian Thistle HV
Dundonald Bluebell 1-5 Blackburn United
Hill of Beath Hawthorn P-P Penicuik Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts 2-3 Newtongrange Star
Linlithgow Rose 5-2 Crossgates Primrose
Sauchie 4-0 Whitehill Welfare
Tranent 1-0 Broxburn Athletic
Tynecastle 3-3 Musselburgh Athletic

1603638102_EPJul17.JPG.7058ad74bf5b5169fb25bb7efb2ea0c6.JPG

Today the Premier Division was a league turned upside down. Linlithgow's incredible winning streak... now among the most remarkable in recent Scottish football history?... carries them to the very summit for the first time this season, having initially wallowed in mid-table. Tranent close-up behind.

In the relegation fight astonishing wins for all of Sauchie, LTHV, Blackburn and Newtongrange have electrified the fight for survival while leaving Whitehill shocked.

As poor as I’ve seen Dunbar play in a long time. 
Wasn’t a great spectacle, with the wind spoiling it.

However, LTHV thoroughly deserved their win. Battled very well.

Dunbar need to roll up their sleeves now, as they are in a relegation battle following today’s results. 

Games remaining against the current bottom 5 and top 5:

• Blackburn - 0 and 3
  • HOB - 2 and 3
  • Newtongrange - 3 and 0
  • Camelon - 3 and 4
  • Whitehill - 2 and 1

Though as we've seen today with Nitten beating Jeanfield, almost anything can happen.

1 hour ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I was looking at all the teams run ins. I'd say lothian down have to look over their shoulder but the ones with the points have obvious advantage.

We have a tall order probably 5 wins out of 9 and a draw. 

Nitten away next week. Crossgates Hill of beath whitehill inverkeithing and maybe jeanfield got to take 5 wins from those 6. Tranent away penicuik at home and musselburgh away are a bogey club for us. So it's a tall order 

I doubt any of the bottom 3 will survive, though if any do, I think it would only be Nitten. HoB will escape, ,probably to Blackburn’s expense. Bad result for Dunbar today, but I think they have got a team to get enough points for safety. The teams above have enough of a gap to get points they need to avoid relegation (based on 4 going down). 

In Chris Gray, Camelon have got a great player (of old). Not sure how much Chris has played in last couple of years, but if he is fit, he will be good for the team. 

7 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Games remaining against the current bottom 5 and top 5:

• Blackburn - 0 and 3
  • HOB - 2 and 3
  • Newtongrange - 3 and 0
  • Camelon - 3 and 4
  • Whitehill - 2 and 1

Though as we've seen today with Nitten beating Jeanfield, almost anything can happen.

I suspect draws will ‘kill’ these teams 

40 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

I doubt any of the bottom 3 will survive, though if any do, I think it would only be Nitten. HoB will escape, ,probably to Blackburn’s expense. Bad result for Dunbar today, but I think they have got a team to get enough points for safety. The teams above have enough of a gap to get points they need to avoid relegation (based on 4 going down). 

In Chris Gray, Camelon have got a great player (of old). Not sure how much Chris has played in last couple of years, but if he is fit, he will be good for the team. 

Looked pretty fit at training. Kept up with the young lads at training quite well last week

40 minutes ago, Casey Jones said:

Newtongrange vs camelon next week. If we win we would be a point behind them with 2 games in hand