The Premiere Division 2021-22

Saturday 4th December 2021
Blackburn United 2-4 Newtongrange Star
Broxburn Athletic 2-3 Jeanfield Swifts
Dunbar United A-A Linlithgow Rose     (abandoned for snow while 2-1)
Dundonald Bluebell 2-1 Camelon
Lothian Thistle HV 4-1 Whitehill Welfare
Musselburgh Athletic 2-2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic P-P Sauchie
Tranent P-P Crossgates Primrose
Tynecastle A-A Hill of Beath Hawthorn     (abandoned for floodlight failure while 0-2)

Mother nature can be a cruel mistress. With both Penicuik and Tranent's games off the Linlithgow winning streak felt in peril as they trailed 2-1 at Dunbar... until the referee threw in the towel.

Electricians can be cruel masters. LTHV and Newtongrange secured vital victories and Hill of Beath were on course for the same at Tynecastle... until the lights literally went out on their hope. In consequence we find Newtongrange up to 15th and only 3pts from safety, while Blackburn have been sucked back close to the drop - Sauchie, Dunbar and LTHV perilously circling the drain.

141298562_EPJul17.JPG.01275b8aad08ed242d031ec93e7f0d05.JPG

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 4th December 2021
Blackburn United 2-4 Newtongrange Star
Broxburn Athletic 2-3 Jeanfield Swifts
Dunbar United A-A Linlithgow Rose     (abandoned for snow while 2-1)
Dundonald Bluebell 2-1 Camelon
Lothian Thistle HV 4-1 Whitehill Welfare
Musselburgh Athletic 2-2 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic P-P Sauchie
Tranent P-P Crossgates Primrose
Tynecastle A-A Hill of Beath Hawthorn     (abandoned for floodlight failure while 0-2)

Mother nature can be a cruel mistress. With both Penicuik and Tranent's games off the Linlithgow winning streak felt in peril as they trailed 2-1 at Dunbar... until the referee threw in the towel.

Electricians can be cruel masters. LTHV and Newtongrange secured vital victories and Hill of Beath were on course for the same at Tynecastle... until the lights literally went out on their hope. In consequence we find Newtongrange up to 15th and only 3pts from safety, while Blackburn have been sucked back close to the drop - Sauchie, Dunbar and LTHV perilously circling the drain.

141298562_EPJul17.JPG.01275b8aad08ed242d031ec93e7f0d05.JPG

Linlithgow trailing 2 v 1 after about 35 mins before ref consulted linesman. Linesman said he couldn't distinguish dunbar white from snow. 

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Linlithgow trailing 2 v 1 after about 35 mins before ref consulted linesman. Linesman said he couldn't distinguish dunbar white from snow. 

Always frustrating when a game is abandoned when winning.

However, I think it was, ultimately, the correct decision. 

The game could have went either way in those conditions, so no point arguing that Dunbar were home and hosed at 2-1……as much as I would love to say that 😂

Edited by #DUFC

1 hour ago, #DUFC said:

Always frustrating when a game is abandoned when winning.

However, I think it was, ultimately, the correct decision. 

The game could have went either way in those conditions, so no point arguing that Dunbar were home and hosed at 2-1……as much as I would love to say that 😂

It wasn't the right decision. 15 minutes after it was called off the snow stopped,granted it was raining but the pitch was fine. Liyhgy looked the better team but its bullshit,the amateurs played to a finish on the pitch next to ours. Obviously the officials have never played in the snow as bairns. I have seen games played in far worse conditions and they were bad at the time but they should have went to half time then made a decision. Pussies

Nobody is arguing about being ahead at the time,if the home strip was a problem for a linesman why didn't they change into the blue strip.. As I said, passes.

The ref and linesmen couldn’t see the lines on the pitch from any kind of distance - how could they award a penalty, for example? 

The shelter-side linesman was also struggling to run on the waterlogged turf, meaning he couldn’t keep up with play.

Atrocious conditions to watch football, never mind play it. The right decision, especially as many fans had to head back up the A1.

No complaints from any of the Dunbar fans I was standing near, or the home boss or players.

Edited by UpInTheStand

13 hours ago, lithgierose said:

This weather playing havoc with phone. How did Johnny Harvey's team get on ?

Vastly improved from start of season.  There goalkeeper is excellent. Surprised that they had basically no support at the game in what was as poor a crowd as we have had at Moorside in a long time. Weather obviously a factor.  Best team won 

11 hours ago, imho said:

It wasn't the right decision. 15 minutes after it was called off the snow stopped,granted it was raining but the pitch was fine. Liyhgy looked the better team but its bullshit,the amateurs played to a finish on the pitch next to ours. Obviously the officials have never played in the snow as bairns. I have seen games played in far worse conditions and they were bad at the time but they should have went to half time then made a decision. Pussies

Nobody is arguing about being ahead at the time,if the home strip was a problem for a linesman why didn't they change into the blue strip.. As I said, passes.

Surely he must have been able to see the black stripe wasn’t there but seems a poor reason to stop the game

1 hour ago, bluebell1 said:

Vastly improved from start of season.  There goalkeeper is excellent. Surprised that they had basically no support at the game in what was as poor a crowd as we have had at Moorside in a long time. Weather obviously a factor.  Best team won 

I think weather and results . I was working so missed the game

On 04/12/2021 at 23:44, UpInTheStand said:

The ref and linesmen couldn’t see the lines on the pitch from any kind of distance - how could they award a penalty, for example? 

The shelter-side linesman was also struggling to run on the waterlogged turf, meaning he couldn’t keep up with play.

Atrocious conditions to watch football, never mind play it. The right decision, especially as many fans had to head back up the A1.

No complaints from any of the Dunbar fans I was standing near, or the home boss or players.

I was there and I'd agree with you, it was the right decision to abandon it. 

On 04/12/2021 at 23:04, imho said:

The amateurs also kicked off half an hour before Dunbar. That may have been a contributing factor. 

The lino was certainly toiling on the surface, which was sodden, from what I seen. 

They would get pelters for leaving the game on, and someone get seriously injured. 
But, aye, pussies….

11 hours ago, #DUFC said:

The amateurs also kicked off half an hour before Dunbar. That may have been a contributing factor. 

The lino was certainly toiling on the surface, which was sodden, from what I seen. 

They would get pelters for leaving the game on, and someone get seriously injured. 
But, aye, pussies….

If we are getting beat on Saturday I'll be out with the hose get the game abandoned lol jk. 

Saturday 11th December 2021
Camelon v Dunbar United
Crossgates Primrose v Musselburgh Athletic (1pm)
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Broxburn Athletic
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Lothian Thistle HV (2pm)
Jeanfield Swifts v Penicuik Athletic
Linlithgow Rose v Dundonald Bluebell (1:30pm)
Newtongrange Star v Tynecastle
Sauchie v Tranent (1:30pm)
Whitehill Welfare v Blackbur United

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 11th December 2021
Camelon v Dunbar United
Crossgates Primrose v Musselburgh Athletic (1pm)
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Broxburn Athletic
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Lothian Thistle HV (2pm)
Jeanfield Swifts v Penicuik Athletic
Linlithgow Rose v Dundonald Bluebell (1:30pm)
Newtongrange Star v Tynecastle
Sauchie v Tranent (1:30pm)
Whitehill Welfare v Blackbur United

9.30 inspection Crossgates v Musselburgh 🤞