The Premiere Division 2021-22

12 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

Should be one up from East and West with a playoff between second placed teams for a promotion spot too. Having the SoS at the same tier complicates things though.

Yes, I forgot about the South.  Agree with playoff option also, the pyramid needs more movement.

Should be one up from East and West with a playoff between second placed teams for a promotion spot too. Having the SoS at the same tier complicates things though.
A play-off between the west and south. Winner promoted. It might also encourage the south to merge into the west. [emoji6]

9 hours ago, imho said:

I must have missed this are you saying if Tranent win this league  or anyone, that they don't automatically go up , they have to play off. If so where is this pyramid dross. That's no right.  If you win the league you go up.

The reason for the playoff is the Lowland League teams protecting their self's , making sure that only 1 team is relegated and not 2 .

Just now, Halfwit8 said:

The reason for the playoff is the Lowland League teams protecting their self's , making sure that only 1 team is relegated and not 2 .

It has to stop.  They can't complain about League 2 not being open when they're at it.

More up and down needs to happen, unfortunately that won't bother the Rose for a good while but for the good of the game more promotion spots are needed.

Not the best we'll play this season, yesterday, but some smart play at times and never looked like we weren't in control of the game really. Plenty will open up between now and the end of the season, by no means a two horse race with us and Penicuik this early on. Agree with league winners having to do a playoff being nonsense.

18 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Not the best we'll play this season, yesterday, but some smart play at times and never looked like we weren't in control of the game really. Plenty will open up between now and the end of the season, by no means a two horse race with us and Penicuik this early on. Agree with league winners having to do a playoff being nonsense.

Took in this match and like you, I didn’t think that Tranent played great, but they did win the match comfortably. 

Loved your goalkeeper. A confident lad, always talking to his players and that is what a keeper should be like. In Skip, you have one of the best players in the league. Best of the rest was the captain, Craig (no.2) along with your wingers, no.11 and 15. Great that players want the ball and move it quickly forward. Think no. 15 was a tad greedy at times, but what a strike for the first goal.

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Took in this match and like you, I didn’t think that Tranent played great, but they did win the match comfortably. 

Loved your goalkeeper. A confident lad, always talking to his players and that is what a keeper should be like. In Skip, you have one of the best players in the league. Best of the rest was the captain, Craig (no.2) along with your wingers, no.11 and 15. Great that players want the ball and move it quickly forward. Think no. 15 was a tad greedy at times, but what a strike for the first goal.

What I've liked about watching us so far this season is the eagerness the boys have to run with the ball and take guys on. It's not gonna come off every time, but it shows the confidence the they have at the moment and it should generally stand us in good stead. Would agree with you on our standout performers yesterday as well.

2 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

What I've liked about watching us so far this season is the eagerness the boys have to run with the ball and take guys on. It's not gonna come off every time, but it shows the confidence the they have at the moment and it should generally stand us in good stead. Would agree with you on our standout performers yesterday as well.

Tranent will win the league.  Very good against Broxburn and better than Penicuik who Broxburn have also played.  Penicuik will do well though 

1 hour ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Camelon_v_Dundonald-29

He is offside their 

I really can't take you serious anymore. Your goalkeeper is on the line. A defender a yard in front of him and another defender a yard off the line behind the boy with white boots. Dundonald player is at least 2 yards onside from 3 players.

11 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

I really can't take you serious anymore. Your goalkeeper is on the line. A defender a yard in front of him and another defender a yard off the line behind the boy with white boots. Dundonald player is at least 2 yards onside from 3 players.

He actually isn't that photo u can see aidan number 23 is behind macisdac ur guy is in line with the post which is what I saw sitting at that side of the ground. He was off when the ball is played. On ur photo ur man has stepped a yard back and our guys went back because on your photo he looks on side. 

21 minutes ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Blow it up sebandas right foot is on the goaline as is the keeper aidan is a yard off the line because he isn't in line with keeper. Maciassac is on the 6 yard line.

5 hours ago, Fife Journeyman said:

Are you going to apologise because clearly Sibandas foots on the line where as Aidan Stevenson is a yard out by your own admission

6 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Are you going to apologise because clearly Sibandas foots on the line where as Aidan Stevenson is a yard out by your own admission

As someone with no dog in this fight, I can't believe anyone is arguing over whether someone in that picture is offside or not. It's taken at 90 degrees to the goal-line, from the other end of the pitch and at a very low height. You can't say for sure that any of them are touching the line.

7 minutes ago, GordonS said:

As someone with no dog in this fight, I can't believe anyone is arguing over whether someone in that picture is offside or not. It's taken at 90 degrees to the goal-line, from the other end of the pitch and at a very low height. You can't say for sure that any of them are touching the line.

if you go in close enough you can see sibandas foots on the line. Basically the lino has seen it how journeymans photo saw it. People behind the goals claimed he was onside. I was at the side of the park could see sibanda was standing on the line and the evidence proves it. EIther way we should have defended it better and if they want to take the result as "they should have won" based on the last 15 minutes where we capitulated. That game was heading for a draw until the ref sent Jay off. Twice in a few weeks may i add. Hopefully the club will be making their complaint to the SFA

8 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I also have zero in this argument but at 3 of the 4 Broxburn games I’ve been to they have been (or appear to have been) on the wrong end of an offside decision from a Lino when a goal was scored. Fortunately only one changed the result. This will be a recurring theme throughout the season and I think we will have to hope it doesn’t have too much of an impact on results.

6 minutes ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

I also have zero in this argument but at 3 of the 4 Broxburn games I’ve been to they have been (or appear to have been) on the wrong end of an offside decision from a Lino when a goal was scored. Fortunately only one changed the result. This will be a recurring theme throughout the season and I think we will have to hope it doesn’t have too much of an impact on results.

I wasn't at the Whitburn game. But we played Newtongrange and Ally Grieve was ok very experienced had 2 very inexperienced linesman on with him. Had SImon maclean yesterday and the Whitehill game and the same problem reared its ugly head in both games his failure to control the game. Bring back the play to book a player who should have been booked. Had Brent Falconer at Dunbar and I thought he was fine as well.