The Premiere Division 2021-22

As a Rose fan I didn’t see anything wrong with the reaction of Tranent. That’s a huge point, an absolute sickener for us but our boys can be proud that we are in the equation given how shite we were under Brown Ferguson. We’ve pretty much turned over a full squad of players so to still mathematically have a chance of the league at this stage, first cup final in 8 years and still in the league cup is a great season.

I don’t think whoever wins it will have enough to best Talbot or Darvel though, which is shame on the Lowland League.

Still plenty to go though as I know we won’t be lying down so even if we don’t win it we’ll have a say in who does. Hail the Gallant! [emoji257]

1 hour ago, Stevie 1969 said:

Not sour grapes at all, but I'm sure they left tranent fearing nothing from the home side, Darvel are hands down the best team lithgae have played this year in my opinion. 

I think whoever won the EoS Premier this year would go in as massive underdogs against either Talbot or Darvel and probably rightly so. Never know in a one-off game though. The games will be massive occasions for the clubs involved regardless.

Edited by Omnishambles

Guest Stevie 1969
19 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

I think whoever won the EoS Premier this year would go in as massive underdogs against either Talbot or Darvel and probably rightly so. Never know in a one-off game though. The games will be massive occasions for the clubs involved regardless.

Is it a one off game?? Surely it will be home & away like the lowland league play off with Highland league?? 

1 minute ago, Stevie 1969 said:

Is it a one off game?? Surely it will be home & away like the lowland league play off with Highland league?? 

I'm sure it's a round robin with the winners of the East, West and South with each playing each other once?

6 minutes ago, Marten said:
28 minutes ago, stulch said:
I thought it was just two legs (EoS v WoS) as no licensed SoS champion...

St Cuthbert Wanderers are licensed.

Whole thing is a shambles. Pyramid my arse. A round Robin, 3 league winners only one gets promoted,4 or 5 teams going down from the Premier depending if Tranent win or not ,Bonnyrigg playing Fraserburgh with the winners playing Cowdenbeath,so possibly another 2 league winners not getting promoted to a team who finish bottom, some teams will be gutted.

2 hours ago, imho said:

Whole thing is a shambles. Pyramid my arse. A round Robin, 3 league winners only one gets promoted,4 or 5 teams going down from the Premier depending if Tranent win or not ,Bonnyrigg playing Fraserburgh with the winners playing Cowdenbeath,so possibly another 2 league winners not getting promoted to a team who finish bottom, some teams will be gutted.

Problem is that you can set up LL East and West to feed into a premier meaning you could automatically guarantee promomotion/relegation spots from the SoS, EoS and WoS but there's always going to be playoffs between LL and Highland League unless clubs feel a top feeder league which could stretch from Wick to Lockerbie  is a goer.

No ideal solution at the moment.

On 26/04/2022 at 14:09, #DUFC said:

I thought it was a fairly even game. I couldn't complain if Blackburn nicked it but, at the same time, I don't think anyone would have grumbled if Dunbar had won. Neither team created enough chances to get out of sight, in my opinion. 

Two teams fighting for their lives down there, showing battling qualities. Although it had 4 goals, I didn't think there was too much quality on show. Was a bit scrappy. 

Too tough to call at the moment. Dunbar's concern, will be the threadbare squad. Hopefully they will have a few bodies back for the weekend's game. 

A very nervy contest.
One mistake at the stage could be fatal.

One bit of good fortune could be utopia.

One poor decision is all it takes to fall foul

Problem is that you can set up LL East and West to feed into a premier meaning you could automatically guarantee promomotion/relegation spots from the SoS, EoS and WoS but there's always going to be playoffs between LL and Highland League unless clubs feel a top feeder league which could stretch from Wick to Lockerbie  is a goer.

No ideal solution at the moment.

Is that not League 2 though. It’s a nonsense and there should be two down from League 2 into with the HL and LL champs going up.

St cuthberts are licensed 
Ohh, I must have forgotten that. Three sides, three games it is then. Let's hope it's as exciting as the last time the format was played when we had the three EoS conference winners.

20 minutes ago, stulch said:
5 hours ago, Yessiricanboogie86 said:
St cuthberts are licensed 

Ohh, I must have forgotten that. Three sides, three games it is then. Let's hope it's as exciting as the last time the format was played when we had the three EoS conference winners.

Hopefully the West v. East game is the 3rd game for maximum interest.

2 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Is that not League 2 though. It’s a nonsense and there should be two down from League 2 into with the HL and LL champs going up.

Always going to be a problem but more so when there is no regionalisation in the SPFL.  Where do the teams relegated get allocated?  

Bit of a stretch last year for Brechin to be regarded as 'Highland', don't know how the club/fans have felt about playing there this season.

It's one step up from non-league in England's pyramid, from National league into the EFL, we don't have a national league, would say that a straight set of play-offs for SOSL, WoSL, EoSL and HFL with the winner going up without the need for compromise of a play-off against SPFL bottom club is likely the best solution for now.

Edited by RobM

7 minutes ago, RobM said:

Always going to be a problem but more so when there is no regionalisation in the SPFL.  Where do the teams relegated get allocated?  

Bit of a stretch last year for Brechin to be regarded as 'Highland@, don't know how the club/fans have felt about playing there this season.

It's one step up from non-league in England's pyramid, from National league into the EFL, we don't have a national league, would say that a straight set of play-offs for SOSL, WoSL, EoSL and HFL with the winner going up without the need for compromise of a play-off against SPFL bottom club is likely the best solution for now.

Have you completely forgot about the LL?

16 minutes ago, parsforlife said:

Have you completely forgot about the LL?

Sorry, should have been play-off a level up.  Can't see how we can cope if we're looking to promote one from LL and HL and we had to place, say, Cowdenbeath and Albion Rovers in the non-league structures.

SoSL probably isn't at a level with the EoS and WoS as well, St Cuthberts in the LL would be something of a farce at the moment.  Organisation as it is currently isn't really helping anybody but then neither is Brechin having a 215 mile trip to Wick.

We're always going to have to compromise to some degree in Scotland, can't see even the bigger clubs being happy with a national league to feed into the SPFL and really that's probably the only seamless way of achieving a true pyramid.

Bit of a stretch last year for Brechin to be regarded as 'Highland', don't know how the club/fans have felt about playing there this season.

Nonsense. There’s a series of 20 team leagues below League 2 which is basically a relegation feeder to those leagues now. That needs to come to the party and become a 20 team league with a two or three down.

Just delaying the inevitable just now which is to the detriment of the game.

11 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Nonsense. There’s a series of 20 team leagues below League 2 which is basically a relegation feeder to those leagues now. That needs to come to the party and become a 20 team league with a two or three down.

Just delaying the inevitable just now which is to the detriment of the game.

Highland and Lowland are 18.  Could become 20/21 in LL if, not inconcievably, Albion, Cowden and Stirling took the plunge with 3 down. with HL either cut in size or looking for new recruit(s) to cover for the reduction on their side That's not nonsense to see a disparity there.  English pyramid below the national league is in a constant state of flux but they had developed a starting framerwork at least.

Edited by RobM