The Premiere Division 2021-22

15 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Great to hear, pass on our best wishes from everyone at Blackburn United.

Thanks mate 

Good luck in your last few games....thought you were by far the better team saturday and with a clinical finisher may have been out of sight 👍

23 hours ago, Passthebaw said:

The goal that wasn't! Adds fuel to the argument about officials' incompetence, especially when you see the other "goal" for Musselburgh, after the red card, that was chalked off for offside - onside by quite a margin! 

Give Penicuik all the credit you like for keeping going, but Musselburgh were harshly treated twice!

IMG-20220424-WA0005.jpg

'Officials incompetence' am I the only one looking at the above freeze frame and not seeing the ball over the line?

Have to admit I found it strange that the same referee who officiated in the reverse fixture (gave Musselburgh a penalty that day) was appointed for this game. Musselburgh have played 41 games and that referee has been in charge of 25% of their wins. Had I have been Penicuik i would have been appealing the choice.

What I will say is that I have watched them a few times this season and they do seem obsessed with the Officials and really do push the limits with their conduct towards them. 

I think they were up there with the pre season favourites for the league but have been disappointing. 3 wins in 17 now with 2 of them against teams at the bottom of the lowest league. Really good squad, some great young players but 10 points from the relegation places and potentially 33 from the top.....

9 hours ago, Ginaro said:

There appears to be a flick-on off the head of a Musselburgh player which creates a new offside line, hence my screenshot is taken from that point.

The ball was over the line for about a tenth of a second, you might want to lower your expectations of the ARs and put more of the blame onto your player for not scoring from three yards out.

If you look at the second replay angle to the right of the goals you can see the AR's position.

With all the comments it seems like  Penicuik are the only team that has had decisions going their way I can think of plenty going against them including a very dodgy penalty for Musselburgh at Olivebank

19 hours ago, Jamesy75 said:

Thanks mate 

Good luck in your last few games....thought you were by far the better team saturday and with a clinical finisher may have been out of sight 👍

Out of sight???? thats not what the DUFC match report said. Normally it's a fairly balanced viewpoint and quite critical when its needed. Just illustrates how differently people can view the same match.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Long live free speech.

4 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Out of sight???? thats not what the DUFC match report said. Normally it's a fairly balanced viewpoint and quite critical when its needed. Just illustrates how differently people can view the same match.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Long live free speech.

I thought it was a fairly even game. I couldn't complain if Blackburn nicked it but, at the same time, I don't think anyone would have grumbled if Dunbar had won. Neither team created enough chances to get out of sight, in my opinion. 

Two teams fighting for their lives down there, showing battling qualities. Although it had 4 goals, I didn't think there was too much quality on show. Was a bit scrappy. 

Too tough to call at the moment. Dunbar's concern, will be the threadbare squad. Hopefully they will have a few bodies back for the weekend's game. 

On 25/04/2022 at 08:58, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

Totally agree! If he was onside 3 frames prior then clearly the lino should have clocked that! At 60fps that’s a whole 20th of a second.

Linesman got it wrong, he should have got it right.  Them's the margins and the breaks and I do have sympathy with the linesman, undoubtedly a difficult job but it is an annoyance when your team falls victim to duff calls twice in one game.

Being sarky about it isn't helping.

a good hot natured affair in Tranent, not a lot of football played in the first half it has to be said. Second half a bit more, from 2-0 Linlithgow will have hoped to see it out but a stunning free kick from Renton and a late penalty got it back to 2-2.

All in all probably a fair result that will rule Linlithgow out the league now. Have to add the young boys on the park at the end trying to antagonise the Linlithgow keeper should be ashamed of themselves, no need in that whatsoever.

48 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

a good hot natured affair in Tranent, not a lot of football played in the first half it has to be said. Second half a bit more, from 2-0 Linlithgow will have hoped to see it out but a stunning free kick from Renton and a late penalty got it back to 2-2.

All in all probably a fair result that will rule Linlithgow out the league now. Have to add the young boys on the park at the end trying to antagonise the Linlithgow keeper should be ashamed of themselves, no need in that whatsoever.

Good game for the neutral as I was, albeit quality was in short supply, probably as so much at stake! Renton's free kick aside!

Same referee as Penicuik v Musselburgh on Saturday 😉 Soft penalty for Tranent equaliser, free kick to Tranent for Lithgae's 2nd - draw a fair result.

Edited by Passthebaw

On 30/01/2022 at 12:47, Crow said:

Lol. Lothian will at least pick up 2/3 wins out of their last 9 games and hit the 40 point mark. 

Squeeky arse time down Pilton/Saughton way.

Nitten need a miracle.

Screenshot_20220427-085241_Chrome.jpg

Edited by newcastle broon

11 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Wonder if the Tranent celebrations will come back to bite them ?

Rose will certainly be fired up for the visit by Tranent.

Dave when you score with effectively the last kick of the ball that ultimately gets you a point, how would you expect the bench to react?

Its a colossal point in the title race, however Linlithgow are a very good team and the TJ's know it will take a top performance on the 7th May to take anything from the game.

Lie Forrit

18 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Dave when you score with effectively the last kick of the ball that ultimately gets you a point, how would you expect the bench to react?

Its a colossal point in the title race, however Linlithgow are a very good team and the TJ's know it will take a top performance on the 7th May to take anything from the game.

Lie Forrit

most of the celebrations were fine by me even the "get it up ye" gestures however I wouldn't expect players from the bench to run into the opposing teams technical area

Guest Stevie 1969
8 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

most of the celebrations were fine by me even the "get it up ye" gestures however I wouldn't expect players from the bench to run into the opposing teams technical area

Totally agree with this im all for celebrating a last minute or equaliser but jumping around in opposition technical area 🤦🤦, but to be fair  their sidelines were a disgrace the whole night. 

39 minutes ago, Stevie 1969 said:

Totally agree with this im all for celebrating a last minute or equaliser but jumping around in opposition technical area 🤦🤦, but to be fair  their sidelines were a disgrace the whole night. 

Totally agree, no need to encroach into the Linlithgow technical area, not acceptable.

Not sure what you are alluding to Stevie.....their side-lines were a disgrace the whole night?

Guest Stevie 1969
49 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Then whoever wins the title still has the play offs (load of crap) that'll be why reps from talbot and Darvel were at the game last night.

Not sour grapes at all, but I'm sure they left tranent fearing nothing from the home side, Darvel are hands down the best team lithgae have played this year in my opinion.