The Premiere Division 2021-22

On 24/03/2022 at 09:52, superbigal said:

Jeanfield may surely consider their geographical options after the LLs latest closed shop decision, if they want to progress. 

I think they would scoosh the Midlands League next season and not have to face Bank Of Dee.

Highland League in one season.

Could they trust the ML not to put them in a second tier, if having 20 clubs meant a move to 10-10 next season? They were one of the big wave of defectors from the east region after all. Think there are reasonable arguments to be made both ways and it's not clear cut where the Perth area teams would be better off long term. If anything, I would have thought it would be more Luncarty and Kinnoull that might want to move back to a Tayside format to keep things more local, while the EoS premier gives Jeanfield a higher playing standard than the ML would with much less daunting travel than the HL.

20 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Apart from the supporters of the 3  clubs involved, it is great at this time of season that it is this close and literally all 3 could win the league. Indeed Conference A has two teams; Conference B has three teams and Conference X has four teams all with great shouts of winning their respective leagues. 

It's not quite as simple as this because of course each club doesn't have identically 'difficult' run ins, and are currently producing different form, etc.... but if you correct the games-in-hand across the 4 divisions and conferences, on basis of current PPG, then respective tables would read:

Tranent           64pts
Penicuk           63pts
Linlithgow     62pts

Tranent v Linlithgow - date tbc
Linlithgow v Tranent - penultimate day of season
Penicuik v Linlithgow - last day of season

Haddington    61pts
Leith                   59pts

Leith v Haddington - last day of season

Preston             58pts
Glenrothes     56pts
Oakley              55pts

Glenrothes v Preston - Saturday 23rd April

Bo'ness Athletic     59pts
Whitburn                   56pts
Armadale                   54pts
Syngenta                    54pts

Armadale v Whitburn, Syngenta v Bo'ness Athletic and Whitburn v Bo'ness Athletic - dates tbc
Bo'ness Athletic v Whitburn and Syngenta v Armadale - Saturday 7th May
Armadale v Bo'ness Athletic - penultimate day of season

which is if you think about it is really incredible. There must in my view be no more competitive league in the nation and that's before we consider the Premier relegation race or the top half races in Conferences A & B.

billions-showtime.gif

Potentially going down to the wire is drama enough, but except for Conference B's title race the number of '6-pointers' in the closing weeks - and even the last day in the case of Premier and Conference A - might yet produce some sensational if nerve-shredding "head-to-head" spectacles.

Edited by HibeeJibee

16 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

It's not quite as simple as this because of course each club doesn't have identically 'difficult' run ins, and are currently producing different form, etc.... but if you correct the games-in-hand across the 4 divisions and conferences, on basis of current PPG, then respective tables would read:

Tranent           64pts
Penicuk           63pts
Linlithgow     62pts

Tranent v Linlithgow - date tbc
Linlithgow v Tranent - penultimate day of season
Penicuik v Linlithgow - last day of season

Haddington    61pts
Leith                   59pts

Leith v Haddington - last day of season

Preston             58pts
Glenrothes     56pts
Oakley              55pts

Glenrothes v Preston - Saturday 23rd April

Bo'ness Athletic     59pts
Whitburn                   56pts
Armadale                   54pts
Syngenta                    54pts

Armadale v Whitburn, Syngenta v Bo'ness Athletic and Whitburn v Bo'ness Athletic - dates tbc
Bo'ness Athletic v Whitburn and Syngenta v Armadale - Saturday 7th May
Armadale v Bo'ness Athletic - penultimate day of season

which is if you think about it is really incredible. There must in my view be no more competitive league in the nation and that's before we consider the Premier relegation race or the top half races in Conferences A & B.

billions-showtime.gif

Potentially going down to the wire is drama enough, but except for Conference B's title race the number of '6-pointers' in the closing weeks - and even the last day in the case of Premier and Conference A - might yet produce some sensational if nerve-shredding "head-to-head" spectacles.

So you proved my point 😀👍All teams you detail,asper my comments have a great chance of winning their respective league. You look no further than Syngenta who were absolute ( close to)certs to win Conference X. But wetting their pants ability has allowed to steal a march. Who xan say if the same may happen now to Bo'ness given they are in a few cups still.

I could yell you who will win each league but you or someone else may come back with its not quite that simple .....

15 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Dunbar 3-2 Linlithgow. What a comeback for them from 2 nil down. A good week if you're a Tranent supporter too...

Some result for Dunbar. Things haven’t been going their way of late. To come back from 0-2 against high flyers, Linlithgow, shows some bottle.

Great stuff guys! 

50 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

Some result for Dunbar. Things haven’t been going their way of late. To come back from 0-2 against high flyers, Linlithgow, shows some bottle.

Great stuff guys! 

Yes agree. I have no idea how it happened but we will take it. 2-0 down 10 mins to go and Lithgy chucked it. Credit to Dunbar . A great 3 points doesn't matter how we played, all about getting points.

Saturday 26th March 2022
Blackburn United 1-0 Sauchie
Dunbar United 3-2 Linlithgow Rose

Sensation in the relegation scrap as both Blackburn and Dunbar win - latter a blow to Linlithgow's title hopes as Seasiders came from 0-2 down to win 3-2. Remarkably just 10pts separating 6th from 15th.

346531348_EPJul17.JPG.30911f2bba1c2d14eec6c221932670f0.JPG

On 26/03/2022 at 19:43, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 26th March 2022
Blackburn United 1-0 Sauchie
Dunbar United 3-2 Linlithgow Rose

Sensation in the relegation scrap as both Blackburn and Dunbar win - latter a blow to Linlithgow's title hopes as Seasiders came from 0-2 down to win 3-2. Remarkably just 10pts separating 6th from 15th.

346531348_EPJul17.JPG.30911f2bba1c2d14eec6c221932670f0.JPG

What is the scenario when 5 go down again? My dementia is kicking in...

Lothian must be getting more than a little nervous... 15 points left for them to play for so plenty time.

2 hours ago, RedLichty said:

What is the scenario when 5 go down again? My dementia is kicking in...

Lothian must be getting more than a little nervous... 15 points left for them to play for so plenty time.

Vale of Leithen relegated from Lowland League

EoS champions fail to win promotion play-off.

On 26/03/2022 at 17:40, imho said:

Yes agree. I have no idea how it happened but we will take it. 2-0 down 10 mins to go and Lithgy chucked it. Credit to Dunbar . A great 3 points doesn't matter how we played, all about getting points.

Personally, Id say that DUFC played ok  - Linlithgow didnt look superior in any sense at all. DUFC went 1:0 down to a late first half undisputed penalty. DUFC had  a few openings during that half.In the second they fell futher behind to a fairly quick goal.

Did DUFC desrve to 2:0 down at that point?

Obviously the heads went down for 10 minutes or so, But no way did Linlithgow either raise their game or look superior.

as for the final 20 minutes - thats now written into history. Deservedly so.

What this game demonstrafted is that this is a very competitive league. Theres nothing really between most of the clubs. I dont see any regular 5:0 or 6:0 scores coming in.

I think that any team playing to their full ability on the day is more than match for either of the top 3. None of hem are superstars, all have weakness that can be exploited, and they know it.

Maybe its worth refreshing your memory that the score on the abandoned fixture was 2:1 to DUFC until it was stopped around 43 minutes. I think credit where its due.

I'd also say that the bench mark club is Sauchie. They are capable of much more progress in this league. They can match anyone, however Blackburn too their points this weekend.

On 26/03/2022 at 18:16, Findla22 said:

Two horse race even!😂

Still  plenty banana skins out there...... I'm pretty sure of that. Last week LTHV looked safe and comfortable, without being beaten or even playing, folks nom seem to be writing them off. cos theyve dropped into the zone.  Lets all wait and see and enjoy the finale.

7 minutes ago, The REAL Rookie Cookie said:

Is anyone else wondering why the Tranent v Linlithgow fixture postponed from MD10 on 31 August 2021 has not yet been scheduled?

Not really, guessing the results of the upcoming League Cup games will decide whether it can be played on 30th April or in midweek. I make it five free matchdays to fit in 2/3/4 games without needing to go to Mondays.

1 hour ago, Ginaro said:

Not really, guessing the results of the upcoming League Cup games will decide whether it can be played on 30th April or in midweek. I make it five free matchdays to fit in 2/3/4 games without needing to go to Mondays.

It is a bit curious that their two matches are both being played so late in the season but there is a fantastic post on the wosl forum about how hard it is to schedule fixtures at this time of year due to previous postponements and outstanding cup ties which have to be played before you can confidently schedule games.  The guy that does it deserves immense credit.