The Premiere Division 2021-22

2 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

You suspect right. Off to Musselburgh. 

So what are your thoughts of the player Omni? Seemed to have a good pedigree when he was younger - a number of top teams seemed to be keen on him. Playing 27 (?) games for Tranent, he seems to have been given a fair chance by management, and a good tweet by Craig Stephenson. Would you have liked him to stay at Tranent, or are you content to see him leave. 

Musselburgh are crying out for good players at the moment, so I hope it all works out for Knox 👍

On 19/02/2022 at 20:05, HibeeJibee said:

Position across tier 6:

Bump.

East of Scotland League Premier Division (34 games)
image.png.b96e937adafce2eb8b8f663dccf05f0e.png

Sat 7 May        Linlithgow v Tranent
Sat 14 May     Penicuik v Linlithgow

date tbc     Tranent v Linlithgow

Linlithgow     8 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R5), EOS Qualifying Cup (R6), EOS League Cup (sections - 2 games left)
Penicuik         9 league games left     EOS League Cup (sections - 3 games left)
Tranent          9 league games left     EOS League Cup (sections - 3 games left)

South of Scotland League (24 games)
image.png.a4cff0599d4cced2bf67650dfc573419.png

St Cuthbert       5 league games left     Haig Gordon Cup (R2), Potts Cup (R1), Tweedie Cup (SFs), SOS League Cup (sections - 5 games left)
Threave              5 league games left     Cree Lodge Cup (SFs), Haig Gordon Cup (R2), Potts Cup (SFs), SOS League Cup (sections - 4 games left)

South also currently focused on LC pools.

West of Scotland League Premier Division (38 games)
image.png.70d711c63c83567e171eb5ef3c4e355e.png

Wed 6 Apr     Darvel v Auchinleck

Pollok                    8 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R6), WOS League Cup (R3)
Auchinleck      12 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R6), Junior Cup (SFs)
Darvel               17 league games left     South Challenge Cup (R5), WOS League Cup (R2)

West roll on.

Darvel with 17 games left + 2 cups face horrendous run going by their Facebook - after Jeanfield (A) tomorrow in SCC, schedule to late April is relentless:

- Wed 16 Mar     Jeanfield v Darvel (SCC R5)
Sat 19 Mar       Darvel v Cumbernauld Utd
- Mon 21 Mar     Rutherglen v Darvel
- Wed 23 Mar     Rossvale v Darvel
Sat 26 Mar       Kilbirnie v Darvel
- Mon 28 Mar     Darvel v Beith
- Wed 30 Mar     Darvel v Largs
Sat 2 Apr        Benburb v Darvel / Darvel v Spartans (SCC R6)
- Mon 4 Apr      Darvel v Blantyre
- Wed 6 Apr      Darvel v Auchinleck
Sat 9 Apr        Darvel v Clydebank

- Wed 13 Apr     Darvel v Bellshill (WLC R2)
Sat 16 Apr       Cumnock v Darvel
- Mon 18 Apr     Darvel v Kilwinning
- Wed 20 Apr     Kirkintilloch v Darvel
Sat 23 Apr       Darvel v Troon
- Mon 25 Apr     Blantyre v Darvel
- Wed 27 Apr     Hurlford v Darvel
Sat 30 Apr       Irvine Meadow v Darvel / (SCC SF)

Edited by HibeeJibee

On 15/03/2022 at 20:58, Casey Jones said:

So what are your thoughts of the player Omni? Seemed to have a good pedigree when he was younger - a number of top teams seemed to be keen on him. Playing 27 (?) games for Tranent, he seems to have been given a fair chance by management, and a good tweet by Craig Stephenson. Would you have liked him to stay at Tranent, or are you content to see him leave. 

Musselburgh are crying out for good players at the moment, so I hope it all works out for Knox 👍

Knoxy clearly has an unbelievable amount of talent and can definitely turn it on on his day. It was explained that he had 'chosen not to' extend his contract. I didn't find the news very surprising. We have options galore up the top end of the park now with Wayne McIntosh, Martin Maughan, Kieran Somerville, Rory Currie, Kris Renton, Jamie Docherty... So the competition for starts is sky high when everybody is fit and firing. Musselburgh will definitely be a stronger side for having him around the squad IMO but I don't see us being massively impacted by his departure either.

Saturday 19th March 2022
Crossgates Primrose 1-2 Penicuik Athletic     GROUNDHOP  
Dundonald Bluebell 1-3 Tranent     GROUNDHOP  
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 3-1 Linlithgow Rose     GROUNDHOP  
Newtongrange Star 5-2 Camelon

Sensational day of action in this 'division of nerves' saw Penicuik return to top in the afternoon, Tranent close-up at teatime, but Linlithgow fail to displace them come the evening. As a result the 3 contenders are now jammed together with only 1pt separating them.

Hill of Beath's stunning victory was matched for importance down the other end by Newtongrange's comeback win over Camelon. They and Whitehill even moreso are now toeing the precipice of their mathematical dooms.

That faint clanging sound you can hear is the alarmbells of Dunbar and LTHV ringing-out.

1986264276_EPJul17.JPG.c6756936d41e2acdbd740264cabb71b6.JPG

Wednesday 23rd March 2022
Jeanfield Swifts v Penicuik Athletic

Saturday 26th March 2022
Blackburn United v Sauchie
Dunbar United v Linlithgow Rose

On 20/03/2022 at 12:41, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 19th March 2022
Crossgates Primrose 1-2 Penicuik Athletic     GROUNDHOP  
Dundonald Bluebell 1-3 Tranent     GROUNDHOP  
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 3-1 Linlithgow Rose     GROUNDHOP  
Newtongrange Star 5-2 Camelon

Sensational day of action in this 'division of nerves' saw Penicuik return to top in the afternoon, Tranent close-up at teatime, but Linlithgow fail to displace them come the evening. As a result the 3 contenders are now jammed together with only 1pt separating them.

Hill of Beath's stunning victory was matched for importance down the other end by Newtongrange's comeback win over Camelon. They and Whitehill even moreso are now toeing the precipice of their mathematical dooms.

That faint clanging sound you can hear is the alarmbells of Dunbar and LTHV ringing-out.

1986264276_EPJul17.JPG.c6756936d41e2acdbd740264cabb71b6.JPG

Jeanfield Swifts v Penicuik Athletic

Saturday 26th March 2022
Blackburn United v Sauchie
Dunbar United v Linlithgow 

If we lose and Blackburn win we are in trouble. A massive game for us.  Games in hand are only good if you win them.

Jeanfield may surely consider their geographical options after the LLs latest closed shop decision, if they want to progress. 

I think they would scoosh the Midlands League next season and not have to face Bank Of Dee.

Highland League in one season.

10 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Jeanfield Swifts 4-1 Penicuik Athletic

7uQL.gif

376907653_EPJul17.JPG.e2050ea2f4dd255dd5871d19f8acc66f.JPG

Didn't see that one coming at all. Good result for us and puts us mathematically in the driving seat for the first time in a while. Still plenty of points to be won and lost in this title race though, I reckon. People's 'front runners' tend to vary across the board.

8 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Didn't see that one coming at all. Good result for us and puts us mathematically in the driving seat for the first time in a while. Still plenty of points to be won and lost in this title race though, I reckon. People's 'front runners' tend to vary across the board.

Jeanfield are a terrific team who play football the proper way at great speed and give you no time on the ball. They confirmed to me that they effectively gave up the first month or two of the season to Covid and getting up to speed but since then they’ve been back on form. Just as well for the rest of us as they’d be right in the mix if they’d hit the ground running.  

1 hour ago, norwichbobby said:

Jeanfield are a terrific team who play football the proper way at great speed and give you no time on the ball. They confirmed to me that they effectively gave up the first month or two of the season to Covid and getting up to speed but since then they’ve been back on form. Just as well for the rest of us as they’d be right in the mix if they’d hit the ground running.  

Well said NB. Even on that basis, I hope Penicuik go on to win the league. Before it really didn’t bother me who won the league. 

In the first season that was stopped by COVID (2019-20), Jeanfield were by far the best team that played Musselburgh, home and away. Like you I was very surprised at their slow start this season in league. But it looks like that form, from a couple of seasons ago has been re-discovered. 

2 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

Well said NB. Even on that basis, I hope Penicuik go on to win the league. Before it really didn’t bother me who won the league. 

In the first season that was stopped by COVID (2019-20), Jeanfield were by far the best team that played Musselburgh, home and away. Like you I was very surprised at their slow start this season in league. But it looks like that form, from a couple of seasons ago has been re-discovered. 

Thanks CJ.  Every point now is critical and you really want your strongest eleven playing where possible. We’ve a few out just now (no centre backs yesterday) but nearly there and I’m hoping that the league cup will allow us a bit more time to get key players back.  I’m worried about a trip to HOB as they are a bogey team of ours and of course the Mussy game will be a challenge. It would be amazing to get to the last game of the season against Linlithgow for a winner takes all finale but not sure my finger nails would survive! The two Rose / Tranent games will also be key. If one team were to win both I think they’d deserve the league…great to be still in it. 

11 minutes ago, norwichbobby said:

Thanks CJ.  Every point now is critical and you really want your strongest eleven playing where possible. We’ve a few out just now (no centre backs yesterday) but nearly there and I’m hoping that the league cup will allow us a bit more time to get key players back.  I’m worried about a trip to HOB as they are a bogey team of ours and of course the Mussy game will be a challenge. It would be amazing to get to the last game of the season against Linlithgow for a winner takes all finale but not sure my finger nails would survive! The two Rose / Tranent games will also be key. If one team were to win both I think they’d deserve the league…great to be still in it. 

Apart from the supporters of the 3  clubs involved, it is great at this time of season that it is this close and literally all 3 could win the league. Indeed Conference A has two teams; Conference B has three teams and Conference X has four teams all with great shouts of winning their respective leagues. 

My only hope is that whoever finishes on top, wins the 3 team play off to gain promotion to the Lowland League. Shabby that winners of league could remain there next season due to the Lowland league’s shocking vote during the week.