The Premiere Division 2021-22

1 hour ago, imho said:

A great result for Blackburn and gives them a chance but any two from 8th to 15th could go down along with the bottom three who I think will . I expect us to drop down a place when HOB play Sauchie but with all the teams due to play each other ,it's going to be a nail-biting finish but it's as ridiculous the amount of teams going down as much as winning the league doesn't get you promoted. 

5th bottom is not down yet

4 or 5 down makes it tough for the less well resourced clubs, but it had to happen and we all knew about it.  No complaints. It's just good to have a season without disruption. 

Next season we'll at last have proper leagues top to bottom and 3 up/down (in theory).

Still all to play for.

1 hour ago, Burnieman said:

4 or 5 down makes it tough for the less well resourced clubs, but it had to happen and we all knew about it.  No complaints. It's just good to have a season without disruption. 

Next season we'll at last have proper leagues top to bottom and 3 up/down (in theory).

Still all to play for.

Every time you have a tongue and cheek comment you end up winning burnie lol. I seem to remember at the start of the season making a tongue and cheek comment about being top alphabetically and then were top after game 1 because you pumped Jeanfield lol

19 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Still all to play for.

Fully deserved your win on Saturday 

19 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Every time you have a tongue and cheek comment you end up winning burnie lol. I seem to remember at the start of the season making a tongue and cheek comment about being top alphabetically and then were top after game 1 because you pumped Jeanfield lol

Maybe I should do a tongue-in-cheek post every week...

13 hours ago, kayemphoto said:

NEW BLOG: Brave 'Burn Pinch The Points

Penicuik Athletic 1-2 Blackburn United

Read the BLOG and check out all the MATCH PHOTOS

web Penicuik_v_Blackburn-69.jpg

Just a wee point, Marcus Millar was captain first half, when Michael Browne came on a HT he was given the armband as he is club captain, and it is Michael's pic you've labelled as Marcus Millar.   Good report, and I agree Marcus Millar and Liam Allison were the standouts.

Just a wee point, Marcus Millar was captain first half, when Michael Browne came on a HT he was given the armband as he is club captain, and it is Michael's pic you've labelled as Marcus Millar.   Good report, and I agree Marcus Millar and Liam Allison were the standouts.

How is Liam doing Burnie? Great to see him getting good reports.

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

thanks Burnieman - appreciate the correction

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Jeanfield to Sauchie not much to play for this season but the top three and from 9th down still have a lot to play for.  Going to be a cracking end to the season 

Title run-in:
image.png.f73fadf3d163527a1e67412cc732850e.png

Relegation run-in:

image.thumb.png.42b1a88b675c1d157e1d7b2718515454.png

Saturday 12th March 2022
Camelon 0-5 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Tynecastle 6-2 Lothian Thistle HV

Inverkeithing and Tynecastle blast their ways to more comfort in the safety stakes; latter may still want another win or a couple of draws.

Serious alarm bells will be ringing at LTHV considering played 3 more than pursuers. Camelon look gubbed.

510105980_EPJul17.JPG.d90b93f464bf4713cf773050b03f3655.JPG

Saturday 19th March 2022
Crossgates Primrose v Penicuik Athletic (2pm)     GROUNDHOP  
Dundonald Bluebell v Tranent (5pm)     GROUNDHOP  
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Linlithgow Rose (7:45pm)     GROUNDHOP  
Newtongrange Star v Camelon

59 minutes ago, LowerLeagueFC said:

Greig Spence by far and away the best striker in the league. Incredible at it all at this level.

Agreed, plus team sprinkled with some young players with real stardust in some areas of the pitch.

On 12/03/2022 at 17:37, LowerLeagueFC said:

Greig Spence by far and away the best striker in the league. Incredible at it all at this level.

100% agree, i've seen Spenny play a few times this season and he is still top class, question will be if he is happy hanging around at IHS or does he want to have another crack at it higher up again.