The Premiere Division 2021-22

Full credit to Tranent today. Best team won and they have great players all over the park. In the aftermath it left me wondering why they aren’t top already as   In 3 games against them they have proven their quality. It’s testament that with less resources we’ve maintained a strong challenge and are still clinging on to top spot by our finger nails. It’s been a great season so far and I hope we can keep winning and take the title down to the final couple of games where Linlithgow play Tranent and then we play Linlithgow- what a climax that would be. 
On a more sober note, following on from the comment above about still playing in the Premier league next year. I fear that whoever wins will remain in the league for the next 2-3 years at least, due to the strength of the Wosfl teams.  This would be a great shame. What does everyone think about the chances of our champions going up?

I’m not sure any of us would fear the west or the south champs. Three excellent teams.

14 hours ago, Tynie Pumblechook said:

Irrespective of who gets into the play off its an absolute disgrace that the champions do not get automatic promotion.

One relegation slot from the LL is quite frankly not acceptable and is hindering the fluidity of the pyramid.

The LL cannot bemoan lack of access too tier 4 when they only have one relegation slot to tier 6.  Changes needed.

The most mind boggling aspect of the rules is that if an LL club is promoted this season and Club 42 is relegated to the HL, Vale of Leithen will avoid being relegated. Cowdenbeath are showing some signs of life in recent games so that's far from inconceivable if Elgin City have a bad run of form through to the end of the season.

20 hours ago, norwichbobby said:

Full credit to Tranent today. Best team won and they have great players all over the park. In the aftermath it left me wondering why they aren’t top already as   In 3 games against them they have proven their quality. It’s testament that with less resources we’ve maintained a strong challenge and are still clinging on to top spot by our finger nails. It’s been a great season so far and I hope we can keep winning and take the title down to the final couple of games where Linlithgow play Tranent and then we play Linlithgow- what a climax that would be. 

On a more sober note, following on from the comment above about still playing in the Premier league next year. I fear that whoever wins will remain in the league for the next 2-3 years at least, due to the strength of the Wosfl teams.  This would be a great shame. What does everyone think about the chances of our champions going up?

Explain less resources.

6 hours ago, LongTimeLurker said:

The most mind boggling aspect of the rules is that if an LL club is promoted this season and Club 42 is relegated to the HL, Vale of Leithen will avoid being relegated. Cowdenbeath are showing some signs of life in recent games so that's far from inconceivable if Elgin City have a bad run of form through to the end of the season.

What about the EoSFL/WoSFL/SoSFL winners if they win play off is there no a space to be vacated from the LL for them to get promoted to ?

13 hours ago, The Faceman said:

How does he know?

Tranent are lucky that they can afford to pay higher wages than most (if not all in the league) and as such can attract better players than most . To be fair they’ve also invested in their facilities too which are very good. It’s not rocket science, information readily available from speaking with players, committee, agm’s etc. The figures I’ve heard some players are on are several times what Penicuik players are on.  But good luck to them, there’s always clubs that have more cash than others. Then compare that with the likes of Auchinleck,  who I was told by one of their committee are all on at least £250 pw. We can’t compete with that hence my other comments about no promotion being likely. 

57 minutes ago, norwichbobby said:

Tranent are lucky that they can afford to pay higher wages than most (if not all in the league) and as such can attract better players than most . To be fair they’ve also invested in their facilities too which are very good. It’s not rocket science, information readily available from speaking with players, committee, agm’s etc. The figures I’ve heard some players are on are several times what Penicuik players are on.  But good luck to them, there’s always clubs that have more cash than others. Then compare that with the likes of Auchinleck,  who I was told by one of their committee are all on at least £250 pw. We can’t compete with that hence my other comments about no promotion being likely. 

Absolute nonsense, your club have just paid a very sizeable fee for a player from Tynecastle who was out of contract in the summer.

What Tranent do is pay what the budget allows, its a fallacy to think that they pay double what Penicuik pay their players, in my opinion the budgets for a lot of the teams competing at the top of the league this year will be much of a muchness.

What Tranent have also done very well over the years is be prudent with their hard earned money.

19 minutes ago, beachboy said:

Absolute nonsense, your club have just paid a very sizeable fee for a player from Tynecastle who was out of contract in the summer.

What Tranent do is pay what the budget allows, its a fallacy to think that they pay double what Penicuik pay their players, in my opinion the budgets for a lot of the teams competing at the top of the league this year will be much of a muchness.

What Tranent have also done very well over the years is be prudent with their hard earned money.

There's a few of the Tranent lads on £40 per week ...not exactly 'high earners'.

On 17/01/2022 at 09:00, norwichbobby said:

That's at least £130,000 in wages for a year and new floodlights and ground improvements to gain a licence and not kicking a ball in anger for over a year !!!

Talbot paid out £200,000 last year in wages.Must be true because I have just told you.😂

On 16/01/2022 at 11:01, LongTimeLurker said:

Were the LL not voting on 2 up/2 down from next season?  That should improve things but... the WoS/EoS gap does feel quite material.  On the plus side there does seem to be some EoS rapidly growing - building on the Edinburgh City/Kelty trend.

8 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Were the LL not voting on 2 up/2 down from next season?  That should improve things but...

Some people have posted about that being placed on the agenda for the next LL AGM but there's been nothing officially announced so far and the LL turkeys still need to vote for an early Christmas.