The Premiere Division 2021-22

59 minutes ago, RedLichty said:

What games are on midweek this week?  Any new fixtures added?

Wed 12th Jan     Edinburgh South v Heriot-Watt University

Tue 25th Jan     Coldstream v Tweedmouth Rangers
Tue 25th Jan     Civil Service Strollers v Armadale Thistle (EQC R3)

Wed 26th Jan     Dundonald Bluebell v Syngenta (EQC R4)

5 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Thanks HibeeJibee.  I think I’ll head down to Dunbar tonight and watch them play Berwick Rangers.  Only a friendly but I’m never certain there is much between the Lowland and the EoS and this might be an interesting test for both sides.

Edited by RedLichty

On 10/01/2022 at 23:35, HibeeJibee said:

I notice Dunbar vs newtongrnage is down on eosfl website for this week and next

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

I notice Dunbar vs newtongrnage is down on eosfl website for this week and next

Looks like a quirk on EOS site: there are 3 games this week - Dunbar v Newtongrange, Edinburgh Utd v Craigroyston, Stirling Uni EOS v Edinburgh South - which, if not played, try again next as both are free.

Probably Tranent’s most important match of the season away to Penicuik. Not even thinking about Linlithgow, should Tranent lose today they will be playing Premier league football again next season. Given where Penicuik would be with a win, they wouldn’t lose 11 points in their remaining 12 matches (at same time as Tranent having to win all their last 13 matches). 

1 hour ago, Casey Jones said:

Half time Penicuik 0-2 Tranent.

If Tranent are still up at full time, it will be a great result for them, inflicting only Penicuik's 2nd loss of season in league and keep the title challenge a three way race.

Well deserved win for Tranent better all over the park ended 3.0

1 hour ago, Marooneye said:

A massive win for the Rose today.  Kept battling and its wide open now.

At the bottom everyone picked up points apart from Camelon.  Are they doomed.

What a league this is.

It's not over until its over. Poor second half from camelon today onto next week. 

Full credit to Tranent today. Best team won and they have great players all over the park. In the aftermath it left me wondering why they aren’t top already as   In 3 games against them they have proven their quality. It’s testament that with less resources we’ve maintained a strong challenge and are still clinging on to top spot by our finger nails. It’s been a great season so far and I hope we can keep winning and take the title down to the final couple of games where Linlithgow play Tranent and then we play Linlithgow- what a climax that would be. 

On a more sober note, following on from the comment above about still playing in the Premier league next year. I fear that whoever wins will remain in the league for the next 2-3 years at least, due to the strength of the Wosfl teams.  This would be a great shame. What does everyone think about the chances of our champions going up?

3 minutes ago, norwichbobby said:

What does everyone think about the chances of our champions going up?

Irrespective of who gets into the play off its an absolute disgrace that the champions do not get automatic promotion.

One relegation slot from the LL is quite frankly not acceptable and is hindering the fluidity of the pyramid.

The LL cannot bemoan lack of access too tier 4 when they only have one relegation slot to tier 6.  Changes needed.

Saturday 15th January 2022
Blackburn United 3-3 Lothian Thistle HV
Broxburn United 2-1 Camelon
Dunbar United 1-1 Newtongrange Star
Dundonald Bluebell 2-1 Crossgates Primrose
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 4-1 Jeanfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic 0-1 Whitehill Welfare
Penicuik Athletic 0-3 Tranent
Sauchie 1-1 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Tynecastle 1-2 Linlithgow Rose

Tranent blew the doors off the title race with a comprehensive win at leaders Pencuik. Linlithgow did the necessary on the elysian field of Meggetland to trail by just 1pt. Allowing for Tranent's game-in-hand potentially 2pts separate 3 contenders.

Big wins for Hill of Beath and Whitehill down the bottom. Remarkably you feel nobody from 9th or even 7th down can yet breathe fully easy, especially the clubs who have played a few games more than some of those wallowing in danger. Camelon go bottom.

Clearly title lies between Penicuik, Linlithgow and Tranent who as it happens meet on the penultimate (Linlithgow-Tranent) and last (Penicuik-Linlithgow) day of the league season. Early indicator could come next weekend when Linlithgow-Penicuik play in an EOS Qualifying Cup R4 tie.

295543311_EPJul17.JPG.1ee0a71844aedee24840e536893401e5.JPG