The Premiere Division 2021-22

Saturday 20th November 2021
Camelon 2-3 Musselburgh Athletic
Crossgates Primrose 4-3 Whitehill Welfare
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 4-1 Dunbar United
Lothian Thistle HV 2-1 Hill of Beath Hawthorn

LTHV gulped in the sustaining oxygen of points with a vital win at Ainslie Park. Once again Camelon and Whitehill came away from high scoring encounters with nothing. Inverkeithing swatted aside Dunbar with surprising ease.

Worrying gap of 4pts-7pts opened between bottom 4 and safety:

1141731034_EPJul17.JPG.8a8eb9cf3512ff13b1ec095ca1b1ad17.JPG

12 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 20th November 2021
Camelon 2-3 Musselburgh Athletic
Crossgates Primrose 4-3 Whitehill Welfare
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 4-1 Dunbar United
Lothian Thistle HV 2-1 Hill of Beath Hawthorn

LTHV gulped in the sustaining oxygen of points with a vital win at Ainslie Park. Once again Camelon and Whitehill came away from high scoring encounters with nothing. Inverkeithing swatted aside Dunbar with surprising ease.

Worrying gap of 4pts-7pts opened between bottom 4 and safety:

1141731034_EPJul17.JPG.8a8eb9cf3512ff13b1ec095ca1b1ad17.JPG

Can you confirm how a 5th team would go down again please?

A severely depleted WW lost a goal after a defensive error aboot 46 seconds in today and were 3 down at half time but fair play to the lads for battling on and after going a 4th behind early in the 2nd half managed a 3 goal comeback and wi Crossgates down to 9 men almost snatched an equaliser from a nigh impossible position. A match played like a cup tie proved disappointing wi another defeat but pleasing the young lads never gave up. 

7 points from safety and looking grim but results will tell against teams in the lower half of the table. 

Best of luck to Crossgates in next weeks final. 

33 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I think the 5th team goes down if the WoS top team (currently Auchinleck Talbot) beats the EoS top team (Penicuik) in the play off so no East team promoted to the Lowland League. Also needs the LL bottom team to be located in the East so they drop into the EoSFL.

Where I think though if it's a 3 way playoff with sosfl champion being licensed would give the eosfl champion a much better chance than playing them over 2 legs

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I think the 5th team goes down if the WoS top team (currently Auchinleck Talbot) beats the EoS top team (Penicuik) in the play off so no East team promoted to the Lowland League. Also needs the LL bottom team to be located in the East so they drop into the EoSFL.

Got ye (I think).

So EoSFL winners lose play off stay in Premier then 5th bottom makes way for bottom LL. 

Well some of us maybes hope Vale can do the miracle and send Gretna doon. 

Thanks Deanburn. 

19 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

A severely depleted WW lost a goal after a defensive error aboot 46 seconds in today and were 3 down at half time but fair play to the lads for battling on and after going a 4th behind early in the 2nd half managed a 3 goal comeback and wi Crossgates down to 9 men almost snatched an equaliser from a nigh impossible position. A match played like a cup tie proved disappointing wi another defeat but pleasing the young lads never gave up. 

7 points from safety and looking grim but results will tell against teams in the lower half of the table. 

Half the squad missing from the Musselburgh game ... what’s  happened now Newky?

There is a scenario where two east clubs could be relegated to the EoS from the LL, e.g. HL champion goes up but Cowdenbeath goes down and selects EoS as their new home that could combine with the WoS or SoS champion going up instead of the EoS one. Looking a lot less likely now though in terms of east clubs both being bottom two of the LL since Edinburgh Uni had a major uptick in form. Whoever is updating the wikipedia page for the EoS is getting that one correct in terms of 13th being a potential relegation slot:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_East_of_Scotland_Football_League

Edited by LongTimeLurker

15 hours ago, Crow said:

Half the squad missing from the Musselburgh game ... what’s  happened now Newky?

I have absolutely no idea. 

I just cheer the lads that are on the park.

I could've brought my boots yesterday and got a game likes. 

Struggled for a bench hence me saying earlier a severely depleted team? 

Edited by newcastle broon

On 20/11/2021 at 20:56, newcastle broon said:

Got ye (I think).

So EoSFL winners lose play off stay in Premier then 5th bottom makes way for bottom LL. 

Well some of us maybes hope Vale can do the miracle and send Gretna doon. 

Thanks Deanburn. 

Wouldn't it be more worthwhile for Gretna to go into the South of Scotland League from a travelling point of view

6 hours ago, Eric's Cantina said:

Wouldn't it be more worthwhile for Gretna to go into the South of Scotland League from a travelling point of view

Yes that's why I stated earlier Vale could do a few teams a favour and stay up.

If Vale come doon the East Premier needs to be 16 teams thus risking 5th bottoms place in the Premier. 

You are correct I would presume Gretna would go SoSFL though. 

22 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

I have absolutely no idea. 

I just cheer the lads that are on the park.

I could've brought my boots yesterday and got a game likes. 

Struggled for a bench hence me saying earlier a severely depleted team? 

8E3B9A5F-D268-4566-AACC-49F8DF145E11.jpeg

The rumour is it was you making up the numbers and squeezing into the No.4 shirt 😀 !? 

Edited by Crow

Saturday 4th December 2021
Blackburn United v Newtongrange Star
Broxburn Athletic v Jeanfield Swifts
Dunbar United v Linlithgow Rose
Dundonald Bluebell v Camelon
Lothian Thistle HV v Whitehill Welfare (3pm)
Musselburgh Athletic v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic v Sauchie
Tranent v Crossgates Primrose
Tynecastle v Hill of Beath Hawthorn

Monumental day at the bottom... Blackburn host Newtongrange while LTHV welcome Whitehill.