The Premiere Division 2021-22

On 23/10/2021 at 18:51, Passthebaw said:

Watched Nitten the last 2 weeks, losing both games by the odd goal. Their form has deserved something and hopefully this is the springboard for some more success.

Agreed on HoB & Camelon. Very surprising!

Great to see them get a win, far too big a club to be going down!

Saturday 23rd October 2021
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 1-2 Newtongrange Star
Whitehill Welfare 3-2 Dundonald Bluebell

Pair of what could be very significant results at the bottom.

Newtongrange get their opening win and move to within 9pts of safety. Whitehill move above Hill of Beath to within 4pts.

With most clubs having 19 or 20 games remaining, everybody from Dunbar downward will be looking nervously over their shoulders.

2125933152_EPJul17.JPG.d2813a652c0bcf8535cb761c0747e71d.JPG

36 minutes ago, GNU_Linux said:

Solid showing from Crossgates thus far. Been said before but the transformation in fortunes over the past five years or so from nearly going under to the top half of tier 6 is quite the thing.

Final of the Alex Jack Cup next month too. Not sure when Crossgates last won silverware (certainly since being revived), and it would put them on the cusp of Scottish Cup qualification as well.

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Newtongrange get their opening win and move to within 9pts of safety. Whitehill move above Hill of Beath to within 4pts.

With most clubs having 19 or 20 games remaining, everybody from Dunbar downward will be looking nervously over their shoulders.

My personal view is that there will be huge interest in the 50% of clubs in the lower half of the league until the final games of the season.

I agree that its going to become a very nervy time for a lot of clubs and officials and of course the supporters. 

20 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

I agree Jim.  Very nervy for everyone from 9 to 18 and those above it’s not to late for their wheels to come off for many either!

I do fancy Nitten for a late surge, they have worked hard to improve their squad. 

Nitten have assembled a decent team , I think they'll stay up. 

Whitehill have a fantastic keeper but not such a great squad so I'm tipping them to go down. 

Dundonald are a team and they should have just enough to stay up. 

Camelon ,again not strong enough and unless John Harvey can work wonders I'll tip them to drop as well. 

Hill of Beath and either Sauchie or Blackburn will be relegated in my opinion. 

Feel free to repost this at the end of the season 😊

41 minutes ago, Dalry llama said:

Nitten have assembled a decent team , I think they'll stay up. 

Whitehill have a fantastic keeper but not such a great squad so I'm tipping them to go down. 

Dundonald are a team and they should have just enough to stay up. 

Camelon ,again not strong enough and unless John Harvey can work wonders I'll tip them to drop as well. 

Hill of Beath and either Sauchie or Blackburn will be relegated in my opinion. 

Feel free to repost this at the end of the season 😊

and your forecast for potential 5th team dropping is?

Saturday 30th October 2021
Crossgates Primrose v Whitehill Welfare
Linlithgow Rose v Jeanfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic v Broxburn Athletic
Penicuik Athletic v Blackburn United
Sauchie v Camelon
Tranent v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Tynecastle v Newtongrange Star

Tranent 0-1 Swifts

Surprising defeat in our first league action in three weeks. A lot of the focal point of our good attacking play this season has come on the wings from Jamie Docherty and Adam Watson. Couldn't make the match today, but wondering how much we missed them both. 7 points dropped from our last 4 league games. Not exactly panic stations yet but need to start picking it up again. Penicuik with two games in hand on us now due to their game being postponed today, and wins in both for them will take them 7 points clear. The game at Foresters on the 13th could be very interesting.

Edited by Omnishambles

Crossgates Primrose P-P Whitehill Welfare
Linlithgow Rose 2-0 Jeanfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic 3-1 Broxburn Athletic
Penicuik Athletic P-P Blackburn United
Sauchie 1-2 Camelon
Tranent 0-1 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Tynecastle 1-3 Newtongrange Star

Tranent blew their chance to take advantage of Penicuik not playing, as Inverkeithing registered an excellent way win... so the Belters now trail by 1pt having played 2 more.

Linlithgow and Musselburgh won top-half clashes.

Down at bottom Newtongrange continue their roaring revival to close right up on Whitehill and HofB. Camelon won at Sauchie throwing bottom half into further panic.

572302085_EPJul17.JPG.8f3f161374c7c39f77c04cd9d96e7839.JPG

4 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Crossgates Primrose P-P Whitehill Welfare
Linlithgow Rose 2-0 Jeanfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic 3-1 Broxburn Athletic
Penicuik Athletic P-P Blackburn United
Sauchie 1-2 Camelon
Tranent 0-1 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Tynecastle 1-3 Newtongrange Star

Tranent blew their chance to take advantage of Penicuik not playing, as Inverkeithing registered an excellent way win... so the Belters now trail by 1pt having played 2 more.

Linlithgow and Musselburgh won top-half clashes.

Down at bottom Newtongrange continue their roaring revival to close right up on Whitehill and HofB. Camelon won at Sauchie throwing bottom half into further panic.

572302085_EPJul17.JPG.8f3f161374c7c39f77c04cd9d96e7839.JPG

Whata brilliant league, everyone can beat each other on the day.  As competetive a leagus as you will find and a great standard.  The bottom places are going to be so interesting going forward.

31 minutes ago, Ginaro said:

Even the top should remain interesting - Penicuik and Tranent still to play each other twice, Linlithgow still to play both (Tranent twice) and plenty of games against the teams at the bottom fighting for their lives.

A few weeks ago, some people were saying it was a two-horse race for the Premier League title. 

Last 6 matches for current top 4;

Linlithgow 18pts from 18

Penicuik 15pts from 18

Musselburgh 13pts from 18

Tranent 11pts from 18

Particularly with Linlithgow having 2 matches in hand over the top 2; still plenty of chances for top 2 now to be caught.