The Premiere Division 2021-22

Weather was fine and pitch in great shape despite the deluge today. A comfortable win in the end for Tranent with 2 late goals, but a spirited performance by WW, inspired by an excellent goalkeeping performance. 
If WW can keep that spirit, they can survive this league. 
Bizarrely, 3 red cards, including one for Tranent's manager Callum Elliot, in a game that was played in a decent spirit.

It wasn’t Callum it was Conan that was sent off

2 hours ago, Omnishambles said:

Couldn't make the game at Foresters tonight. Good on them for getting the game on and a good result, continuing the solid home record. Heard murmurs here and there about the standard of the refereeing last night, still not heard anybody clear up Sean Murphy's red card at the end. Dunbar away is a tough trip, particularly with how they've been doing recently. Big knock for us him missing it.

Skip was seemingly sent off for saying that was never a f#####g foul ref

4 hours ago, Halfwit8 said:

Skip was seemingly sent off for saying that was never a f#####g foul ref

1 hour ago, BigTlass said:

No way !! That’s harsh eh

43 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Had Skip already been booked? A straight red for saying 'never a f****ng foul' is ridiculous if that's all it was

Unfortunately ww have been victims of that crime on a few occasions this season. 

You're quite lucky if that's the 1st time it's happened.

I'm sure referees were briefed to clamp down on this type of behaviour.

Tuesday 5th October 2021
Dunbar United P-P Pencuik Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn P-P Sauchie
Newtongrange Star P-P Linlithgow Rose
Tranent 3-0 Whitehill Welfare

Wednesday 6th October 2021
Blackburn United 2-2 Musselburgh Athletic
Broxburn Athletic 3-0 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dundonald Bluebell 0-3 Tynecastle
Jeanfield Swifts 4-0 Crossgates Primrose
Lothian Thistle HV 4-1 Camelon

1115940615_EPJul17.JPG.34fa86f5a545fc2785147490c394097e.JPG

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tuesday 5th October 2021
Dunbar United P-P Pencuik Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn P-P Sauchie
Newtongrange Star P-P Linlithgow Rose
Tranent 3-0 Whitehill Welfare

Wednesday 6th October 2021
Blackburn United 2-2 Musselburgh Athletic
Broxburn Athletic 3-0 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Dundonald Bluebell 0-3 Tynecastle
Jeanfield Swifts 4-0 Crossgates Primrose
Lothian Thistle HV 4-1 Camelon

1115940615_EPJul17.JPG.34fa86f5a545fc2785147490c394097e.JPG

Night for the ducks as Camelon were just god awful tonight. Mitch Taylor missed a penalty before he got it back to 3-1 before Hutchie finished it off. We are in deep caca

Dundonald 0 Tynecastle 3

A strange game in which Dundonald dominated for an hour yet found themselves 2 down by this time due to a couple of bizarre goals.

The opener came when two players went for the ball near the bye line and it ricocheted over the keeper into the far corner.

Then a long punt forward was headed back by a central defender beyond his keeper and in off the post. 

Sometimes it’s better to be lucky than good.

17 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Night for the ducks as Camelon were just god awful tonight. Mitch Taylor missed a penalty before he got it back to 3-1 before Hutchie finished it off. We are in deep caca

I see the sending off for Camelon against Jeanfield Swifts has been rescinded, the ref had a look at the video of the game - a bit late noo but maybe our luck is turning

19 minutes ago, razamanaz said:

I see the sending off for Camelon against Jeanfield Swifts has been rescinded, the ref had a look at the video of the game - a bit late noo but maybe our luck is turning

Not if you saw the game last night. Boys need to pick it up again for Saturday as this is mighty important 

Saturday 9th October 2021
Blackburn United v Linlithgow Rose
Broxburn Athletic v Lothian Thistle HV
Dunbar United v Tranent
Dundonald Bluebell v Jeanfield Swifts
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Jeanfield Swifts (1:30pm)
Musselburgh Athletic v Newtongrange Star
Penicuik Athletic v Whitehill Welfare
Sauchie v Crossgates Primrose (2pm)
Tynecastle v Camelon

Cracking card this Saturday with West Lothian, Midlothian, East Lothian and Fife derbies, as well as Musselburgh v Newtongrange. There are slightly early kickoffs at Hill of Beath and Sauchie.

To the sane and sober only 2 clubs can now win this league unless Linlithgow do the unthinkable. On paper anybody below them can yet be drawn into relegation, whilst winless Newtongrange are in trouble.

Blackburn United 1-2 Linlithgow Rose
Broxburn Athletic 3-3 Lothian Thistle HV
Dunbar United 2-2 Tranent
Dundonald Bluebell 2-4 Jeanfield Swifts
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 0-0 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic 1-0 Newtongrange Star
Penicuik Athletic 4-0 Whitehill Welfare
Sauchie 2-5 Crossgates Primrose
Tynecastle 5-1 Camelon

962480154_EPJul17.JPG.989e7c13bf600d80bb46eef705e2593e.JPG

Story of the day was in the East Lothian derby at the seaside when Tranent drew again. Penicuik demolished Whitehill in the Midlothian derby to return top by 1pt. Linlithgow won the West Lothian derby to move ahead of Broxburn who could only draw a high-scoring encounter with LTHV. Tynecastle are red hot these days.

Division has sort of 'distilled' into top 2 / upper 6 / lower 6 / bottom 4.

Down the foot only draws for LTHV and Hill of Beath give anyone succour. Newtongrange do seem to be getting improved performances, but having slipped to 12pts from safety it's starting to feel like time for...

alarm.gif

33 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tynecastle 5-1 Camelon

Story of the day was in the East Lothian derby at the seaside when Tranent drew again. Penicuik demolished Whitehill in the Midlothian derby to return top by 1pt. Linlithgow won the West Lothian derby to move ahead of Broxburn who could only draw a high-scoring encounter with LTHV. Tynecastle are red hot these days.

Down the foot only draws for LTHV and Hill of Beath give anyone succour. Newtongrange do seem to be getting improved performances, but having slipped to 12pts from safety it's starting to feel like time for...

alarm.gif

44 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Tynecastle 5-1 Camelon

alarm.gif

Such a competitive league. I feel it’s starting to take the look we might have expected at the start. Tranent were always expected to be one of the favourites. My own team Penicuik were likely to be top half but to still be top is better than we might have expected.  Linlithgow are on a good run after some disappointing draws early on and similarly Jeanfield are in form after a slow start.  Tynie and Dunbar are having great seasons.  At the other end Camelon must be disappointed but they have undergone major upheaval. I’m not quite sure what’s happened at HOB but believe injuries and personnel changes have also impacted them. Every game is up for grabs and if you’re not on your game then you can expect to be punished.  I’m really enjoying watching my team and seeing how everything changes almost every week. 

I went to Dunbar v Tranent. Tranent probably should have been out of sight by half time, Dunbar's keeper saved on the line and one was cleared off the line after that but some never say die defending kept the home side in it. Tranent made the breakthrough eventually but good work from Dunbar saw them grab the equaliser.

The second half was slightly more even. The Belters restored their lead when the ball pinged about the box and it looked like an o.g. at the end. However Dunbar grabbed an equaliser towards the end- two players took fresh air swipes at a pass into the box before the ball was fired in by the third player- intelligent play from the first two to dummy the ball and put the defence off..  :lol:

A good game all round. It was the first time I'd seen the Belters this season and they impressed me with some neat skills. Quite often I'm enjoying watching the East League games more than Scottish League games!

One "gripe"- apart from a two footed tackle as a Dunbar player threatened to burst through the game was fairly clean for a Dunbar v Tranent match. I fondly remember the fights and sendings off from years gone by fixtures.. 

1 hour ago, tamthebam said:

I went to Dunbar v Tranent. Tranent probably should have been out of sight by half time, Dunbar's keeper saved on the line and one was cleared off the line after that but some never say die defending kept the home side in it. Tranent made the breakthrough eventually but good work from Dunbar saw them grab the equaliser.

The second half was slightly more even. The Belters restored their lead when the ball pinged about the box and it looked like an o.g. at the end. However Dunbar grabbed an equaliser towards the end- two players took fresh air swipes at a pass into the box before the ball was fired in by the third player- intelligent play from the first two to dummy the ball and put the defence off..  :lol:

A good game all round. It was the first time I'd seen the Belters this season and they impressed me with some neat skills. Quite often I'm enjoying watching the East League games more than Scottish League games!

One "gripe"- apart from a two footed tackle as a Dunbar player threatened to burst through the game was fairly clean for a Dunbar v Tranent match. I fondly remember the fights and sendings off from years gone by fixtures.. 

Times have changed Tam