The Premiere Division 2021-22

51 minutes ago, Malty Guy said:

I'm unclear on the actual relegation numbers. I'm sure someone has the answer for the following scenario; For arguments sake lets say PENICUIK win the EoS Premier.  Vale of Leithen and Edinburgh Uni are the relegated clubs from the LL.

If Penicuik were to be unsuccessful in the round robin play off vs the Wosfl/Sosfl would that become the doomsday scenario whereby 6 clubs are then relegated from the EoS premier?

I had thought it was a maximum of 5, but it doesn't say anywhere on the EoSFL website and the wiki page says 6 can go down. Logically, that would have to be possible - HL champion goes up, a L2 club joins the LL, two fall from the LL to the EOS Premier and no-one goes up, two come up from the conferences and so 6 need to be relegated.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2021–22_East_of_Scotland_Football_League

Considering the amount of players they had missing through suspension, holiday and injury (I don’t profess to know the stats for the opposing team), that is a great result for Dunbar, today.

They really are riding the crest of a wave. 

Not taking anything away from the previous management team, but considering the scrutiny on the new staff, they have exceeded expectations.

Long may it continue. 

C’mon the Seasiders 

7 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Considering the amount of players they had missing through suspension, holiday and injury (I don’t profess to know the stats for the opposing team), that is a great result for Dunbar, today.

Not taking anything away from the previous management team, but considering the scrutiny on the new staff, they have exceeded expectations.

Long may it continue. 

C’mon the Seasiders 

I agree. Not for the first time have players been missing but I'm sure Kevin Haynes left Dalkeith for that reason. Still a long way to go but results like yesterday prove we are going in the right direction but with the top two up next,it was vital we got the win yesterday. The new management team are doing fine but it's always been an issue with some players doing other things at some point during the season. All clubs have the same problem. 

Edited by imho

13 hours ago, Malty Guy said:

I'm unclear on the actual relegation numbers. I'm sure someone has the answer for the following scenario; For arguments sake lets say PENICUIK win the EoS Premier.  Vale of Leithen and Edinburgh Uni are the relegated clubs from the LL.

If Penicuik were to be unsuccessful in the round robin play off vs the Wosfl/Sosfl would that become the doomsday scenario whereby 6 clubs are then relegated from the EoS premier?

My understanding is that there will be only one club relegated from the Lowland League 

5 minutes ago, Slabs said:

My understanding is that there will be only one club relegated from the Lowland League 

Sadly they will do whatever they can to keep the gang together.  Reeks of self preservation to the detriment of the league.

3 minutes ago, Slabs said:

The Lowland League has always had a relegation mechanism that would allow for 2 relegations so that the league stayed balanced at 16 members.

It's a very rare situation that's dependent on the HL champion being promoted and a Club 42 being relegated to the Lowland League. Which so far has happened once Cove & Berwick. Even then due to Selkirk going bust that season only one LL club was relegated.

I think there could be an awful lot of drawn results tomorrow. Maybe Camelon could even raise their game and take a point but its a big ask though. I reckon that Linlithgow Rose will leave Rosewell with all 3 points.
IHS - have they changed their name to simply 'The Swifts'? 

Yes, I mentioned it further up the thread. Inverkeithing and Hillfield dropped, now known as The Swift’s after the move to Dalgety Bay.

2 minutes ago, crowie said:

Yes, I mentioned it further up the thread. Inverkeithing and Hillfield dropped, now known as The Swift’s after the move to Dalgety Bay.

The Swifts were officially founded in early 2000 and since the clubs inception the club has grown from strength to strength.

My Club Hub (swiftsfc.com)

9 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Long may it continue. 

C’mon the Seasiders 

I think the significant thing is that The Swifts have been unbeaten for a good few matches. Not many Swifts supporters complained.

Every DUFC defeat has been a tight margin - excluding Linlithgow Rose.

So if I'm correct, next it's Crossgates Primrose sitting just above DUFC in 6th. position by a superior goal difference (2 goals) at Humbug Park. Then its Penicuik at home on the Tuesday, followed by Tranent on the Saturday. Great games, great league. I think many reasonably minded DUFC fans would have been happy with 4 points from these 4 games.  To start off with a convincing 3 isn't a bad start.

13 hours ago, #DUFC said:

Long may it continue. 

C’mon the Seasiders 

Agreed.  On reflection, to the early season feedback from a small subset of their fans, the DUFC board deserve credit on both their work to attain an SFA membership and appoint a new management team. 

The club appear well organised, attendances at Dunbar recently are up hugely from recent years.  Long may it continue. 

Edited by RedLichty

18 hours ago, crowie said:

Yep, the club itself was formed in 2000 but the name change to The Swift’s has just been this season as they have relocated games away from Ballast Bank to Dalgety Bay.

EoSFA still refer to them as Inverkeithing, they have officially referred to themselves as the Swifts since 2000 as per my quote.

They are still registered as Inverkeithing.