The Premiere Division 2021-22

On 24/08/2021 at 04:52, GordonS said:

The Battle of Dunbar was in 1650, not 1651.

Also, I object to Dunbar being described as "to the east of Edinburgh". It took me a while to work out this was the battle they must have meant because Dunbar is fkn miles from Edinburgh. It's as near England as it is to Edinburgh. It's like describing Airdrie as a town to the west of Edinburgh.

Aye but, as most people know,  1650 is actually the second Battle of Dunbar, the first being 1296 by Edward Longshanks (Edward 1st.). Same result mind you. 

As far as I'm aware Dunbar is to east of Edinburgh, Id reckon about 90% of commuters travel daily to and from Edinburgh and nowhere else. Its also approximately 20 minutes by car or 17 minutes by train from the nations Capital.

I've never heard it described as anything other than east of Edinburgh.

Some cracking fixtures tonight. 

Musselburgh vs Penicuik the pick of the day for me, with Tranent vs Lithgae off... will Nitten get a win vs Dundonald?  can Whitehill turn over HoB? Tynecastle visit Dunbar, two teams who have a made a similar start but will Tynie get a bounce with Stevie McLeish going?  Interesting day... the league, below Penicuik and Tranent remains very tight.

3 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Some cracking fixtures tonight. 

Musselburgh vs Penicuik the pick of the day for me, with Tranent vs Lithgae off... will Nitten get a win vs Dundonald?  can Whitehill turn over HoB? Tynecastle visit Dunbar, two teams who have a made a similar start but will Tynie get a bounce with Stevie McLeish going?  Interesting day... the league, below Penicuik and Tranent remains very tight.

Camelon vs Sauchie as wel. we could be in trouble if we lose and with injury problems upto the eye balls

Tuesday 31st August 2021
Camelon 2-4 Sauchie
Dunbar United 2-1 Tynecastle
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 4-2 Whitehill Welfare
Musselburgh Athletic 1-0 Penicuik Athletic
Newtongrange Star 1-1 Dundonald Bluebell
Tranent V-V Linlithgow Rose

'Burgh burst Penicuik's 100% record sending Tranent top while Dunbar enter top 6.

Sauchie leave bottom 6 while Hill of Beath exit relegation places at Camelon's expense.

Newtongrange still winless.

220279042_EPJul17.JPG.757c85efba3479f64a05e6f38688c706.JPG

Saturday 4th September 2021
Camelon v Blackburn United
Crossgates Primrose v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Dundonald Bluebell (2pm)
Jeanfield Swifts v Sauchie
Linlithgow Rose v Broxburn Athletic
Lothian Thistle HV v Tynecastle (3pm)
Newtongrange Star v Penicuik Athletic
Tranent v Musselburgh Athletic
Whitehill Welfare v Dunbar United

"Derby day" on Saturday.

Hopefully good crowds turn-out, being an international break and Scotland not playing until 7:45pm.

Saturday 4th September 2021
Camelon 3-4 Blackburn United
Crossgates Primrose 4-1 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 1-1 Dundonald Bluebell
Jeanfield Swifts 2-1 Sauchie
Linlithgow Rose V-V Broxburn Athletic
Lothian Thistle HV 3-1 Tynecastle
Newtongrange Star 1-2 Penicuik Athletic
Tranent 3-0 Musselburgh Athletic
Whitehill Welfare 1-0 Dunbar United

Linlithgow-Broxburn a late casualty.

Leaders won, there were impressive victories for Blackburn and Crossgates, but results-of-the-day belong to LTHV and Whitehill.

Newtongrange are in deepening trouble.

181588677_EPJul17.JPG.925d92e073aca452fe57c9b0ce2409f6.JPG

Derby day in the East Pf Scotland leagues this weekend. Burgh wanted to inflict defeat to the league leaders for 2nd time in 4 days, having already beating Penicuik in Midweek. Tranent though, wanted the 3 points to ensure that stayed on top, given their league placing was due to a better goal difference of 1. 

At the end of the match, it was plain to see why Tranent had only lost one match this season as they dominated th3 match for the full 90 minutes. Great local rivalry, and bragging rights so far, this season go to the bBelters. 

However, a loveLy touch at the start of the match. This is Mathu King’s testimonial season, postponed since 2019-20, due to COVID19. Tranent Captain, Shaun Rutherford, presented Mathu, the Burgh captain, with a present, at the start of the match, which I believe was a bottle of champagne, in a presentation box.

Brilliant Gesture. Thank you Tranent! 👍👏👏