Dunbar United 2-2 Musselburgh Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 2-0 Dundonald Bluebell
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 3-1 Camelon
Jeanfield Swifts 0-1 Tranent
Lothian Thistle HV 2-2 Linlithgow Rose
Sauchie 1-2 Penicuik Athletic
Whitehill Welfare 3-1 Newtongrange Star

435677559_EPJul17.JPG.0ce0726939c803a446d515484a7a72b5.JPG

Broad daylight has now opened up between Tranent and Penicuik - both with 100% records - and the rest. Musselburgh and Linlithgow stutter again while Broxburn continued rise through the field.

Down the other end Hill of Beath managed their first win; while Crossgates, Inverkeithing and Whitehill won again. Sauchie go bottom - like LTHV and Newtongrange, they still haven't won.

Any news on fixtures for the 28th August 

Tuesday 17th August 2021
Linlithgow Rose v Musselburgh Athletic
Penicuik Athletic v Jeanfield Swifts
Sauchie v Newtongrange Star
Tynecastle v Tranent
Whitehill Welfare v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts

Wednesday 18th August 2021
Blackburn United v Dunbar United
Broxburn Athletic v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Crossgates Primrose v Camelon
Dundonald Bluebell v Lothian Thistle HV

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I figure this is place is as good as any to ask this question. Has anyone else been getting a 403 - Forbidden message this season when trying to check the EOS website?

I get that from time to time, I think it happens if you join at the same time they're updating it, even if it's just to change a scoreline.

5 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

I figure this is place is as good as any to ask this question. Has anyone else been getting a 403 - Forbidden message this season when trying to check the EOS website?

Seems to be down.  I get that message regularly on a Saturday as well when checking latest scores.

6 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Was just about to ask the same, been happening for weeks. Haven’t been able to get into it for the past hour, can’t get the results.

Edited by The Mantis

4 minutes ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Yes whenever I try to go onto the home page just now and it has happened before.

if you want tonight’s results go into the matches section. It’s working.

So its a very big well done to Penicuik Athletic maintaing the 100% record, Also to Leith Athetic and Syngenta as being the only other undefeated EoSL teams at present (subject to EoSfl league tables being correct - the site is pretty bad this evening).

Goes without saying a terrific result for Penicuik. Jeanfield have been one of our bogey sides in recent years and they are a really good side. Lots of pace and a good passing side at high tempo. We hit the bar early on but Jeanfield were always looking dangerous. A great cross provided the first goal although i think it went in off a combination of head and shoulder.  Both sides were playing nice football and the ref had very little to do for a good while but the red card that came changed the game massively.  No doubt that the Jeanfield player was fouled but in tumbling head over heels he angrily kicked out towards the head of the Cuikie player. A straight red which nobody, not even the Jeanfield player contested. Penicuik saw out the half and despite early efforts in the second half Jeanfield had too much to do. Penicuik took control of the game and once the second goal went in it was pretty much game over. Further goals followed and with 5 different scorers including 3 of the subs it was a clinical way to end the match. 
Despite losing 5-6 starters and experienced players in the last year, and replacing  them with much younger players we seem to have found the right blend of youth and experience which is working well.  Paul Tansey is a great role model and is tireless week after week. We’ve had injury problems but now with a great team spirit plus consistency of selection its paying dividends. Great credit must go to Tony Begg and his team for putting together this group and we hope that whoever replaces Tony will keep the momentum going. Certainly the interim team are putting in a strong claim for the job. 

As laboured and as disappointing as I've seen Tranent for a long time, which in fairness to Tynecastle they capitalised on when it mattered. A couple of instances where we hit the woodwork in the second half that could have changed things but ultimately no complaints about the result. First league defeat in a long time, bounebackability will be key on Saturday.

Tynecastle 3-1 Tranent

Tynecastle sank Tranent's 100% record with a deserved win on a picturesque evening in Craiglockhart. First half was fairly even, and uneventful - Tranent were restricted to a missed header at a corner and a long-range shot that went over. Second half the hosts #15 pounced on a through ball, crossed the face of goal, then buried it; they went 2-0 up for a penalty after an attacker was put on his posterior; pegged back to 2-1 after linesman and ref agreed a header crossed the line; but restored 2-goal advantage after a mix-up saw effort flicked onto and over the 'keeper.

Both also struck the woodwork and Tranent previously had a chance nodded off the line.

Thankfully the ref brought it to an end when he did: as I feared that if Tranent attacked down the left wing much more they would have worn it out entirely. Rather unimaginative performance.

Tynecastle are adventurous. Man-for-man they may lack on paper the quality and certainly the experience of their opponent - they did at times try naieve balls - but they were seldom shy with attacks and crosses. However their defensive organisation tonight will give them equal pride.

Edited by HibeeJibee

9 hours ago, GordonS said:

I get that from time to time, I think it happens if you join at the same time they're updating it, even if it's just to change a scoreline.

9 hours ago, Burnieman said:

Seems to be down.  I get that message regularly on a Saturday as well when checking latest scores.

9 hours ago, The Mantis said:

Was just about to ask the same, been happening for weeks. Haven’t been able to get into it for the past hour, can’t get the results.

9 hours ago, patriot1 said:

Yes whenever I try to go onto the home page just now and it has happened before.

if you want tonight’s results go into the matches section. It’s working.

8 hours ago, YoungSouthcroft said:

constantly. but then for some reason ; voila  you're in

Cheers!

It's been strange to me as a tech luddite. As the site has been fine for the past few years when checking live scores. So it's not like the WoSFL accessibility problem of being new site.