The Premiere Division 2021-22

13 minutes ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

Not sure what relevance the sendings off are, especially if both for 2 yellows? Were you at both games and do you have issue with any of the cards? Can’t recall his first on Saturday, but the second certainly looked like a dive.

Good luck getting Saturday’s ref banned from Camelon or any games! Can’t recall that previous example you gave and  even with an extensive Google (missing out his first name, which may be wrong?) found nowt. 

Not sure what photo you’re refereeing to, so a screenshot may be interesting. However the discussions re the onside or offside goal show that angles and distance can lead to inconclusivity.

Camelon_v_Dundonald-59

Look at the player coming in remember it's at pace and it's probably only because of the distance stops him from going into him so what does he do just get his leg broken just because it suits your agenda. Duck off

15 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

Camelon_v_Dundonald-59

Look at the player coming in remember it's at pace and it's probably only because of the distance stops him from going into him so what does he do just get his leg broken just because it suits your agenda. Duck off

Yeah you’re spot on there - that should clearly have been a red card.

or...

That shot tells us nothing. 

Oh and my ‘agenda’ - I was there as a neutral. Could be wrong, but it may even have been the first time I’ve seen Dundonald!

Quack

Edited by Ann Dan Otherthing
Sound effect added

16 minutes ago, Ann Dan Otherthing said:

Yeah you’re spot on there - that should clearly have been a red card.

or...

That shot tells us nothing. 

Oh and my ‘agenda’ - I was there as a neutral. Could be wrong, but it may even have been the first time I’ve seen Dundonald!

Quack

Inverkeithing away next. Hopefully back to winning ways

5 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

You can't say I'm just blaming the ref because we got beat. You can ask the whitehill boys would tell u my opinion on the same referee and we won the game.

If you are the guy I'm thinking aboot ye did nae stop talking pish shooting shit and abusing folk all night in Rosewell.  

We aw have a passion for oor teams but if that's you every week I'm surprised you've no been slapped in the puss. 

I go to the fitba for enjoyment a bit catch up wi the lads and a wee break,your blood pressure must be sky high bud. 

Edited by newcastle broon

26 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

If you are the guy I'm thinking aboot ye did nae stop talking pish shooting shit and abusing folk all night in Rosewell.  

We aw have a passion for oor teams but if that's you every week I'm surprised you've no been slapped in the puss. 

I go to the fitba for enjoyment a bit catch up wi the lads and a wee break,your blood pressure must be sky high bud. 

I call it how it is. I've even said my own team have been dugshit at times. Most people don't see games the way I see them because people only look at the bits they want to see. I over analyse everything which is why 9 times out of 10 most people won't agree. 

That image of the guy standing on touchline sticks with me from game time not just that image. Someone said to me at a game the things I spot in a game is amazing. Which is because everything to me is this big massive picture where as most people look at things on the face of it.

Yes I get carried away at the games and I get annoyed at people who,like at welfare game spouted absolute dog shit out of blind loyalty. A lot of the time games on TV I more enjoy the analysis and looking at things than actually the game.

I'm passionate about my team it means a lot to me after the last 18 months I've had being back at the games has been a breath of fresh air for me but the whitehill game and the game on Saturday was a real strain with that referee. The frustration at it most people on here won't understand. It did make me feel ill over the weekend with the ref and the dundonald guys on twitter and the guy on here.

Without that club I don't have very much in life and yes it is sad. People might think I'm nuts or annoying. I don't go out to offend anyone. I go to enjoy the game cheer my team on. I'm a clever guy but the emotional side of things is a hard thing for me to handle. It is a struggle for me and I don't mean to offend anyone. 

If that's a problem for anyone that's upto them.

52 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

A few examples thr picture above most people would describe that is 2 players going for a ball. I'd describe it as a player knocking the ball past the other and the other going for a challenge.

The whitehill game on here yous were awesome long hard season not good enough blah blah because on the face of it lost 4-3 against 10 men and I said whitehill weren't as bad as you think. Because over the game their wasn't much in it. The difference was the 25 mins plus stoppage of the game that camelon had 10 men where our boys worked hard tother and the management put a fresh aidan Stevenson on who covered every blade of grass and kept 2 up top. Had andy not done that and did what others do and push one back. You would have pushed one of ur defenders on and would have easily won the match.

Saturdays game these guys see all the chances they blazed over the bar because they see that as the chances of the game not the amount of blocks that went from corners we had. Up until the sending off the game was heading for a draw. The last 15 mins we lost it and didn't react well enough to the sending off and got to emotional. Dundonald handled that better and got their 3 goals then. So in that 15 minute spell we completely lost our way while they probably stepped up and the last 15 was what tipped it in their favour.

On 08/08/2021 at 00:24, imho said:

I must have missed this are you saying if Tranent win this league  or anyone, that they don't automatically go up , they have to play off. If so where is this pyramid dross. That's no right.  If you win the league you go up.

If you win the league, you may go up. It may depend if you are better than either the South of Scotland or West of Scotland leagues in the play off. 

Do you think it would be feasible to relegate 3 from the Lowland to allow the individual league winners to go up?

On 09/08/2021 at 18:08, Man from the East said:

If you win the league, you may go up. It may depend if you are better than either the South of Scotland or West of Scotland leagues in the play off. 

Do you think it would be feasible to relegate 3 from the Lowland to allow the individual league winners to go up?

Edited by imho

On 09/08/2021 at 19:08, Man from the East said:

....Do you think it would be feasible to relegate 3 from the Lowland to allow the individual league winners to go up?

2 from 3 champions go up would be enough to do the job most years for the EoS and WoS champions given how weak the SoS is in comparison and it's definitely very much feasible.

Byes for Camelon, Dunipace, Hill of Beath, LTHV, Newtongrange, Sauchie and Tranent into the first round of the Scottish. Haddington too.

Blackburn v Easthouses, Dunbar v Broxburn, Dundonald v Penicuik, Irvine Meadow v Musselburgh, Jeanfield v Whitehill, Linlithgow v Banks O'Dee, Tynecastle v Girvan

Edited by Omnishambles

53 minutes ago, Omnishambles said:

Byes for Hill of Beath, LTHV, Newtongrange, Sauchie and Tranent into the first round of the Scottish. Haddington too.

Blackburn v Easthouses, Dunbar v Broxburn, Dundonald v Penicuik, Irvine Meadow v Musselburgh, Jeanfield v Whitehill, Linlithgow v Banks O'Dee, Tynecastle v Girvan

you missed out Camelon and dunipace

Saturday 14th August 2021
Blackburn United v Broxburn Athletic
Crossgates Primrose v Tynecastle
Dunbar United v Musselburgh Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn v Dundonald Bluebell
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts v Camelon (2pm)
Jeanfield Swifts v Tranent
Lothian Thistle HV v Linlithgow Rose (3pm)
Sauchie v Penicuik Athletic
Whitehill Welfare v Newtongrange Star

Sort of derby day-lite tomorrow - with Blackburn v Broxburn, Dunbar v Musselburgh, Hill of Beath v Dundonald and Whitehill v Newtongrange.

'Match of the Day' is in Perth, where last year's leading lights Jeanfield and Tranent do battle.

Saturday 14th August 2021
Blackburn United 2-4 Broxburn Athletic
Crossgates Primrose 2-1 Tynecastle
Dunbar United 2-2 Musselburgh Athletic
Hill of Beath Hawthorn 2-0 Dundonald Bluebell
Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts 3-1 Camelon
Jeanfield Swifts 0-1 Tranent
Lothian Thistle HV 2-2 Linlithgow Rose
Sauchie 1-2 Penicuik Athletic
Whitehill Welfare 3-1 Newtongrange Star

435677559_EPJul17.JPG.0ce0726939c803a446d515484a7a72b5.JPG

Broad daylight has now opened up between Tranent and Penicuik - both with 100% records - and the rest. Musselburgh and Linlithgow stutter again while Broxburn continued rise through the field.

Down the other end Hill of Beath managed their first win; while Crossgates, Inverkeithing and Whitehill won again. Sauchie go bottom - like LTHV and Newtongrange, they still haven't won.