The Premiere Division 2021-22

19 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Don’t know why you say the Camelon game was awful. The Mariners have just signed  25 new players in the recent past. They seem  to be doing pretty well for such a degree of change. Perhaps the result indicates the recent progress made by DUFC, the corresponding fixture last year was 6:1 defeat - by all accounts it could have been double figures. Think it was a really bad day at the office on that match day. 
In summary you get a match between two teams with good records up to that date and it’s an awful game????

Doesn't matter who signs how many new players, the truth was, it was a poor game. You admit it was a bad day at the office so you agree it was bad. We have still had a good start to the season and 3 pts this weekend will put some real daylight between us and the bottom teams. Even the Camelon supporters I was beside agreed but because they won,it doesn't matter. We were poor but we have improved under the new manager and all I said was what the majority of people thought of that game. Its opinions and hopefully honesty but if people don't agree,it doesn't matter. Why did all your players leave anyway.?

1 minute ago, imho said:

Doesn't matter who signs how many new players, the truth was, it was a poor game. You admit it was a bad day at the office so you agree it was bad. We have still had a good start to the season and 3 pts this weekend will put some real daylight between us and the bottom teams. Even the Camelon supporters I was beside agreed but because they won,it doesn't matter. We were poor but we have improved under the new manager and all I said was what the majority of people thought of that game. Its opinions and hopefully honesty but if people don't agree,it doesn't matter. Why did all your players leave anyway.?

It was only a poor game in terms of excitement. It was actually a good game in a sense It was a disciplined performance and dunbar were unlucky not to equalise when we cleared it off the line.

On 02/08/2021 at 08:58, imho said:

It wasn't a poor game.

You don't seem able to understand whats being stated.......'Bad day at the Office' is a clear reference to being gubbed 6:0 at Carmuirs Park!!! Actually it wasnt a bad day, it was very a bad day. 

The Camelon Juniors supporter who quoted on here certainly doesn't  see the recent match in the perspective as you somehow do. Actually I know nobody shares your perspective.

'Why did all your payers leave anyway' - gimme a clue, which club are you now talking about??

51 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

It wasn't a poor game.

You don't seem able to understand whats being stated.......'Bad day at the Office' is a clear reference to being gubbed 6:0 at Carmuirs Park!!! Actually it wasnt a bad day, it was very a bad day. 

The Camelon Juniors supporter who quoted on here certainly doesn't  see the recent match in the perspective as you somehow do. Actually I know nobody shares your perspective.

'Why did all your payers leave anyway' - gimme a clue, which club are you now talking about??

Apologies if you are not a Camelon supporter. Actually I know people who do share my perspective but it doesn't matter now,its gone. People are entitled to their opinion and if others disagree,fine. My view is it was a poor game. But we have moved on and are doing well, and have a chance this week against HOB, who appear to be struggling this season. For me , we need to win this one and pick up as many points as possible to stay clear of the relegation battle. .

Edited by imho

16 minutes ago, imho said:

Apologies if you are not a Camelon supporter. Actually I know people who do share my perspective but it doesn't matter now,its gone. People are entitled to their opinion and if others disagree,fine. My view is it was a poor game. But we have moved on and are doing well, and have a chance this week against HOB, who appear to be struggling this season. For me , we need to win this one and pick up as many points as possible to stay clear of the relegation battle. .

Hill of Beath Hawthorn will be a very  very difficult match, it will probably be a little bit turgid.

Again the most recent display by DUFC against HoBH was a very very poor, substandard performance, 3:0 or 3:1 , and it could have been a much greater defeat. Currently HoBH are suffering from player isolation and other factors. I'm sure they will soon be back to their natural level of performance and league position. It wont take them too long to re-establish themselves. Good luck to them - no team should be suffering from the player issues that many clubs recently experienced - notably Jeanfield Swifts.

14 hours ago, The Faceman said:

All 42

Premier league matches in July are complete. Total Attendances in Prem League were: 7,240. Averages 172 per game. 42 games 158 goals 3.76 goals per game. Big thank you to the

Premier league clubs for sending numbers & crowds for attending!

JULY1.JPG.jpg

JULY2.JPG.jpg

JULY3.JPG.jpg

Would it be possible to include a table with  average attendance by club?

Most clubs seem to have fairly consistent attendances. However the LTHV swing from 200 v Musselburgh, to 90 v Dunbar seems a big swing. I'm reliably told that half of the crowd at Ainslie park for the DUFC match were Sunny Dunny followers. 

17 minutes ago, Man from the East said:

Would it be possible to include a table with  average attendance by club?

Most clubs seem to have fairly consistent attendances. However the LTHV swing from 200 v Musselburgh, to 90 v Dunbar seems a big swing. I'm reliably told that half of the crowd at Ainslie park for the DUFC match were Sunny Dunny followers. 

Its already done just haven't published it. 

The games you mention LTHV v Musselburgh was on a Friday night so you add in the ground hoppers and the opening game of the season as factors. Musselburgh do carry a good away support as well.

Hoping that we can use these numbers and the swings you are seeing to help clubs increase their gate. Friday games, early kick offs other games in region etc. 

11 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Its already done just haven't published it. 

The games you mention LTHV v Musselburgh was on a Friday night so you add in the ground hoppers and the opening game of the season as factors. Musselburgh do carry a good away support as well.

Hoping that we can use these numbers and the swings you are seeing to help clubs increase their gate. Friday games, early kick offs other games in region etc. 

Good work... this will be a good insight and might help the league/clubs improve attendances.  

On 02/08/2021 at 08:58, imho said:

The players left because they sided with the manager in the struggle between previous manager and the committee. Which started months of slagging and it appears untruths on Facebook. Also their was a player claiming breach of contract which failed 

11 hours ago, Man from the East said:

Most clubs seem to have fairly consistent attendances. However the LTHV swing from 200 v Musselburgh, to 90 v Dunbar seems a big swing.

10 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Yep... LTHV v Musselburgh being a Friday night (coupled with 'Burgh having a decent support) explains LTHV drawing 200 then, compared to 90 on a Wednesday and 75 on a Saturday.

You see a similar effect with Bo'ness Athletic v Fauldhouse. Even allowing for the visitors having a decent support - playing on Friday night clearly turbocharged that attendance, as it was 279 compared to 84 v West Calder on a Saturday and 100 v Whitburn on a Tuesday. My own experience is an example... I went to LTHV v Musselburgh and Bo'ness v Fauldhouse basically because they were Fridays. Wouldn't have otherwise.

Easthouses v Peebles have decided to bring forward their game from this Saturday onto this Friday night.

Interesting to see how it fares. Easthouses previously posted 84 (Tuesday), 56 (Saturday) and 106 (another Saturday in cup-tie). Peebles haven't much of a travelling support but there are U20s games nearby. Without overdoing it - you wouldn't want multiple games the same night, or the same club numerous times - it I hope more give it a try. Not just for ground clashes or groundhops.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

Yep... LTHV v Musselburgh being a Friday night (coupled with 'Burgh having a decent support) explains LTHV drawing 200 then, compared to 90 on a Wednesday and 75 on a Saturday.

You see a similar effect with Bo'ness Athletic v Fauldhouse. Even allowing for the visitors having a decent support - playing on Friday night clearly turbocharged that attendance, as it was 279 compared to 84 v West Calder on a Saturday and 100 v Whitburn on a Tuesday. My own experience is an example... I went to LTHV v Musselburgh and Bo'ness v Fauldhouse basically because they were Fridays. Wouldn't have otherwise.

Easthouses v Peebles have decided to bring forward their game from this Saturday onto this Friday night.

Interesting to see how it fares. Easthouses previously posted 84 (Tuesday), 56 (Saturday) and 106 (another Saturday in cup-tie). Peebles haven't much of a travelling support but there are U20s games nearby. Without overdoing it - you wouldn't want multiple games the same night, or the same club numerous times - it I hope more give it a try. Not just for ground clashes or groundhops.

Great points. I also attended both games. Massive crowd at Bo'ness also boosted by around 20-30 West Ham fans who took a punt on being able to get in to the Celtic game the day after.

Should be applauded, if a club like Easthouses has a Saturday game with Nitten, Bonnyrigg etc playing at home then they have nothing to lose moving it.

The WOSL have done my tits in with nothing tonight but a fullish card tomorrow - 1 team moving to tonight would surely have got a bigger crowd. 

Saturday 7th August
Camelon v Dundonald Bluebell
Dunbar United v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Linlithgow Rose v Penicuik Athletic
Musselburgh Athletic v Jeanfield Swifts
Newtongrange Star v Blackburn United
Tranent v Sauchie
Tynecastle v Broxburn Athletic
Whitehill Welfare v Lothian Thistle HV

Match of the Day unquestionably at Prestonfield where 4th-place Linlithgow host 2nd-place Penicuik... Musselburgh v Jeanfield also looks an especially attractive match. Opposite end of table sees an important encounter in Whitehill v LTHV.

Not quite a full card as Crossgates and Inverkeithing undertake Alex Jack Cup duties.

3 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 7th August
Camelon v Dundonald Bluebell
Dunbar United v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Linlithgow Rose v Penicuik Athletic
Musselburgh Athletic v Jeanfield Swifts
Newtongrange Star v Blackburn United
Tranent v Sauchie
Tynecastle v Broxburn Athletic
Whitehill Welfare v Lothian Thistle HV

Match of the Day unquestionably at Prestonfield where 4th-place Linlithgow host 2nd-place Penicuik... Musselburgh v Jeanfield also looks an especially attractive match. Opposite end of table sees an important encounter in Whitehill v LTHV.

Not quite a full card as Crossgates and Inverkeithing undertake Alex Jack Cup duties.

Actually, I'd say every match is pretty damned good. What a great league, so many good games. 

Were Camelon playing with an outfield player in goals today? He didn't look like either of the keepers on the website but did look like one of the listed midfielders? 

Whatever, not at fault for a 4-2 win for Bluebell - who i think hit the post/bar 4 times as well as scoring 4.

....and the first Dundonald goal Number 23 was clearly playing him on, everyone behind the goal could see it and we all saw the handball for the 4th as well. And none of the Camelon claims for pelanties were actual pelanties. Some embarrassing reactions from Camelon to decisions that the officials got correct, the team seemed to fall apart when they went down to 10 men.

13 minutes ago, drs said:

Were Camelon playing with an outfield player in goals today? He didn't look like either of the keepers on the website but did look like one of the listed midfielders? 

Whatever, not at fault for a 4-2 win for Bluebell - who i think hit the post/bar 4 times as well as scoring 4.

....and the first Dundonald goal Number 23 was clearly playing him on, everyone behind the goal could see it and we all saw the handball for the 4th as well. And none of the Camelon claims for pelanties were actual pelanties. Some embarrassing reactions from Camelon to decisions that the officials got correct, the team seemed to fall apart when they went down to 10 men.

A good summary of the game today - the better team won, no complaints