The Premiere Division 2021-22

Broxburn 4 Newtongrange 3

Newtongrange took a 3 goal lead in the first half and deservedly so. Broxburn did pull back 2 before half time.  Broxburn changed things in the second half and scored 2 more.  Newtongrange had a goal chopped off for offside, I couldn't tell as I was at the other end but they where celebrating not noticing the flag.

What a turnaround. I think Gary Brass gave Broxburn someone who could hold up the ball and push on from there. 

Edited by albynpark
More detail

5 hours ago, Auld duffer said:

Only half the story maybe worth mentioning the 8 defeats in 13 games it took to reach 11 points last season

It was already mentioned but feel free tell us the other half of whatever story you are on about. Dunbar lost today but still a good start to the season.

It was already mentioned but feel free tell us the other half of whatever story you are on about. Dunbar lost today but still a good start to the season.
No the 8 defeats wasn't mentioned in the post I quoted thats what I was referring to when I said only half the story. In the interest of fair reporting I felt it was only right to balance it up

On 29/07/2021 at 11:52, imho said:

Been a good start for Dunbar. The Camelon game was awful but 3 wins from 4 games is far better than  I anticipated but we have played teams who appear to be having a bad start and finding themselves at the wrong end of the table. So well done to all at Dunbar but let's be cautious and keep up the good work. Some strange results already and probably the long break has affected some teams more than others.

For someone that supposedly follows Dunbar, there always seems to be a tint of negativity about your posts. 

3 minutes ago, #DUFC said:

For someone that supposedly follows Dunbar, there always seems to be a tint of negativity about your posts. 

We need to get real here. My negativity is based on recent events 

What's negative about saying its been a good start 

In saying let's be cautious I mean don't get carried away. Do you think Geoff was treated fairly,?. I agree we needed a change but how it was done was pish .

First ever EOS game for me today, watching the Jeanie beat Dunbar 1-0. Was well deserved, as they hit the woodwork 4 times and played some lovely neat attacking football. DU had a couple of chances though to snatch something.

Entertaining fare played in a good spirit - really enjoyed it.

Saturday 31st July 2021
Blackburn United 3-2 Whitehill Welfare
Broxburn Athletic 4-3 Newtongrange Star
Crossgates Primrose 1-4 Tranent
Dundonald Bluebell 1-2 Musselburgh Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts 1-0 Dunbar United
Lothian Thistle HV 4-5 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic 3-2 Tynecastle
Sauchie 0-0 Linlithgow Rose

Defences on top at Ainslie Park 🤨.

Linlithgow falter again... Blackburn win again... Broxburn and Jeanfield continue recoveries.

666143521_EPJul17.JPG.139720a0480230465a5f31df74be8236.JPG

South, West, Midland and North Juniors are playing 5 or 6 straight; but the East takes a break this midweek, giving squads a couple of training sessions and general recharge of batteries.

Also a good point to take stock. Tranent and Penicuik have opened some daylight on the chasing pack. However anyone in the top half are still easily within touching distance. Some daylight also opens up above bottom 5. HofB and LTHV will be disappointed to be stuck down there.

43 minutes ago, imho said:

We need to get real here. My negativity is based on recent events 

What's negative about saying its been a good start 

In saying let's be cautious I mean don't get carried away. Do you think Geoff was treated fairly,?. I agree we needed a change but how it was done was pish .

I agree with both your points. A change was needed, but also not carried out in the correct manner.

However, we all move on. The players and management team have made a good start. Hopefully it continues, in what will be a very competitive league. 

2 hours ago, #DUFC said:

I agree with both your points. A change was needed, but also not carried out in the correct manner.

However, we all move on. The players and management team have made a good start. Hopefully it continues, in what will be a very competitive league. 

What is the correct manner ?  Should he have been asked to resign?  Maybe he was… maybe there was a behind the scenes incident… . I’m not sure we know the full story, but either way I think we all agree a change was needed and it’s a shame he was sacked and didn’t just resign…  

Either way it’s onwards and upwards, and upwards quite literally based on the reports from New Countess Park this season. 

2 hours ago, RedLichty said:

What is the correct manner ?  Should he have been asked to resign?  Maybe he was… maybe there was a behind the scenes incident… . I’m not sure we know the full story, but either way I think we all agree a change was needed and it’s a shame he was sacked and didn’t just resign…  

Either way it’s onwards and upwards, and upwards quite literally based on the reports from New Countess Park this season. 

You are right, I don’t think any of us know the full story. 
By manner, I mean the timing. All other add ons, I am not privy to or looking to delve into.

Dunbar usually fly under the radar with controversy, but I suppose there was always going to be fallout with changing a popular and long serving manager.

Just a shame that it’s still being talked about 5 games in.

Ps I know this comment is adding to it. Will be my final words on the matter. 

On 18/07/2021 at 21:29, Ginaro said:

Not sure what rule change you are on about, certainly no changes at this level. Only when there is VAR in use does an assistant delay their flag if it's a tight decision and the attacker is going towards goal, so that if there is a goal scored the offside decision can be checked. Nothing worse than onside goal being flagged offside when there's VAR available to check it...

As for the decision in this game, it does look like the player is offside - however the camera is about 5m ahead of the last defender and as we've seen in the age of VAR and hawkeye, camera angles can be deceiving so it's maybe not as far offside as it looks. The assistant seems to be in line with the last defender at least.

offside.jpg

aye right

18 hours ago, Burnieman said:
19 hours ago, Lofarl said:
That was some roar I heard from Blackburns ground.  Some result that.

Goals in 87, 90 and 90+3 for a comeback win. 9pts out of 12, I'll take it.

Really positive start from Blackburn this season. Long way to go, but must be pleasing for your club as to how things are going so far. 

On 29/07/2021 at 11:52, imho said:

Been a good start for Dunbar. The Camelon game was awful but 3 wins from 4 games is far better than  I anticipated but we have played teams who appear to be having a bad start and finding themselves at the wrong end of the table. So well done to all at Dunbar but let's be cautious and keep up the good work. Some strange results already and probably the long break has affected some teams more than others.

Don’t know why you say the Camelon game was awful. The Mariners have just signed  25 new players in the recent past. They seem  to be doing pretty well for such a degree of change. Perhaps the result indicates the recent progress made by DUFC, the corresponding fixture last year was 6:1 defeat - by all accounts it could have been double figures. Think it was a really bad day at the office on that match day. 
In summary you get a match between two teams with good records up to that date and it’s an awful game????