The Premiere Division 2021-22

21 minutes ago, The Faceman said:

Hi Casey and thanks for positive post.

Can you help me out, I can't see the Oakley post that you refer to, Ginaro posted about ignoring a response and I genuinely can't see the Oakley comment! 

I need their attendances so the last thing I would want to do is miss them. Cheers if anyone can solve this?

Just editing this as I have seen the post on the attendances thread! I can't see his posts on twitter but will ensure the numbers are recorded

Cheers Ryan

No longer on twitter. My comment related to the post on the attendance page. I took it that it was a message to you as opposed to actual tweet. But, for some reason, I take it the message somehow hasn’t reached your box? Any way - good luck with getting figures for remainder of season.

2 hours ago, The Faceman said:

Hi Casey and thanks for positive post.

Can you help me out, I can't see the Oakley post that you refer to, Ginaro posted about ignoring a response and I genuinely can't see the Oakley comment! 

I need their attendances so the last thing I would want to do is miss them. Cheers if anyone can solve this?

Just editing this as I have seen the post on the attendances thread! I can't see his posts on twitter but will ensure the numbers are recorded

Cheers Ryan

Possibly stupid suggestion, but have you checked if you have any messages pending in your DMs from accounts you don't follow?

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Possibly stupid suggestion, but have you checked if you have any messages pending in your DMs from accounts you don't follow?

Yeah have checked that. Have answered the post on the attendances page and will see what the persons twitter name is. Pure mystery how I can't see it but will sort it out!

3 hours ago, Casey Jones said:

No longer on twitter. My comment related to the post on the attendance page. I took it that it was a message to you as opposed to actual tweet. But, for some reason, I take it the message somehow hasn’t reached your box? Any way - good luck with getting figures for remainder of season.

Many thanks yeah would have responded had i seen it / received it. Hopefully David returns sooner rather than later but good progress so far.

On 17/07/2021 at 12:34, imho said:

No won is putting money in to the club. Interesting to note that the chair thinks by building a new stand,it will attract players to the club. Don't quite get that cos despite having excellent facilities,it is what you give players in the wee brown envelope that gets them on board,anyway the board are doing some good things and some not so good things,but they at least trying and maybe a bit naive in some areas. As I say we might not be entirely happy at how this has been handled, but,time to get behind the manager and the team and hope they get a good start as we don't want a similar start as last season.

Been a good start for Dunbar. The Camelon game was awful but 3 wins from 4 games is far better than  I anticipated but we have played teams who appear to be having a bad start and finding themselves at the wrong end of the table. So well done to all at Dunbar but let's be cautious and keep up the good work. Some strange results already and probably the long break has affected some teams more than others.

Saturday 31st July 2021
Blackburn United v Whitehill Welfare
Broxburn Athletic v Newtongrange Star
Crossgates Primrose v Tranent
Dundonald Bluebell v Musselburgh Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts v Dunbar United
Lothian Thistle HV v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic v Tynecastle
Sauchie v Linlithgow Rose

Some attractive games this weekend, with Penicuik v Tynecastle maybe pick of the bunch. LTHV v Inverkeithing brings together 2 challengers at the other end.

Hill of Beath are playing their twice-held-over South Challenge Cup SF v Dunipace - Camelon accordingly travels to Whitburn for an EOS Qualifying Cup R2 tie.

20 hours ago, imho said:

Been a good start for Dunbar. The Camelon game was awful but 3 wins from 4 games is far better than  I anticipated but we have played teams who appear to be having a bad start and finding themselves at the wrong end of the table. So well done to all at Dunbar but let's be cautious and keep up the good work. Some strange results already and probably the long break has affected some teams more than others.

Caution is the order of the day for sure.  I don’t think anyone should get carried away so far but, without having not seen the games (so not sure if luck or performance?),  things appear to have improved a lot since they were the only team to drop points to Whitehill last season.  Have they not already got the same number of wins on board as they did have when the season stopped in January? 

9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Saturday 31st July 2021
Blackburn United v Whitehill Welfare
Broxburn Athletic v Newtongrange Star
Crossgates Primrose v Tranent
Dundonald Bluebell v Musselburgh Athletic
Jeanfield Swifts v Dunbar United
Lothian Thistle HV v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic v Tynecastle
Sauchie v Linlithgow Rose

Some attractive games this weekend, with Penicuik v Tynecastle maybe pick of the bunch. LTHV v Inverkeithing brings together 2 challengers at the other end.

Hill of Beath are playing their twice-held-over South Challenge Cup SF v Dunipace - Camelon accordingly travels to Whitburn for an EOS Qualifying Cup R2 tie.

Agree that looks like a great game.  Penicuick have made a surprising start, and to some extent so have Tynecastle…. Should be a great game.

1 hour ago, RedLichty said:

things appear to have improved a lot since they were the only team to drop points to Whitehill last season.  

Patronising as fcuk post considering many teams will have changed personnel.....yer right though  :lol:

5 hours ago, RedLichty said:

Caution is the order of the day for sure.  I don’t think anyone should get carried away so far but, without having not seen the games (so not sure if luck or performance?),  things appear to have improved a lot since they were the only team to drop points to Whitehill last season.  Have they not already got the same number of wins on board as they did have when the season stopped in January? 

Correct they had 3 wins & 2 draws (11pts) plus 8 defeats.

If they win at Jeanfield tomorrow they'll have accrued more (12pts) before July is done.

14 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Correct they had 3 wins & 2 draws (11pts) plus 8 defeats.

If they win at Jeanfield tomorrow they'll have accrued more (12pts) before July is done.

Win at Jeanfield... steady!  I still see them as the favourites alongside Tranent to win the title this year.  Albeit Penicuik, Camelon and Linlithgow look like they want to be in the mix too.

Edited by RedLichty

On 29/07/2021 at 11:52, imho said:

A few double negatives in that one. Maybe those teams have just been playing pretty strong opposition. Or maybe not. 
I’m sure that I’ve read on other threads - that Dunbar now have after 4 games almost as many points  as they did from the voided seasons total. Could be a very interesting season for the Club.

If the EoS results over the past few weeks have been an indicator of unpredictability - it’s got to look promising for the SPFL. Hopefully some of these clubs have been watching results that to be honest, not a lot of people would have expected or forecast. 
Long may it continue. 
St. Johnstone have set the bar  - the double winners done very very well. Hope many clubs follow that example. 

A long hard season ahead its barely started I suspect teams like HoB Jeanfield LTHV etc will start climbing the table soon but we'll done to Blackburn, Crossgates, Dunbar & Tynecastle who have had good starts it certainly won't do them any harm to get some points on the board early

2 hours ago, Man from the East said:

A few double negatives in that one. Maybe those teams have just been playing pretty strong opposition. Or maybe not. 
I’m sure that I’ve read on other threads - that Dunbar now have after 4 games almost as many points  as they did from the voided seasons total. Could be a very interesting season for the Club.

11 points they got last season

This season they have beaten Sauchie 3-1 who they beat 2-0 last season. Lothian Th HV 3-1 who they beat 5-0 last season. Lost to Camelon same as last season and have beaten Broxburn who they lost to last season 

So they are 3 points up....which is good considering the board sacked their manager on holiday by phone a week before the season claiming last season wasn't good enough and the overall progress of the squad over the summer.

11 points they got last season
This season they have beaten Sauchie 3-1 who they beat 2-0 last season. Lothian Th HV 3-1 who they beat 5-0 last season. Lost to Camelon same as last season and have beaten Broxburn who they lost to last season 
So they are 3 points up....which is good considering the board sacked their manager on holiday by phone a week before the season claiming last season wasn't good enough and the overall progress of the squad over the summer.
Only half the story maybe worth mentioning the 8 defeats in 13 games it took to reach 11 points last season