The Premiere Division 2021-22

11 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:

Dunbar United 2-1 Broxburn Athletic

Sunny if breezy night in East Lothian, and a good crowd - about 180 by my reckoning - turned out.

They saw the hosts race into a deserved 2-0 lead. Firstly the right back missed clearing a 2nd ball and it was swept home off the post... then a good burst down the left wasn't repelled and their nippy attacker #7 got there before veteran Townsley, whose creaking limbs couldn't carry himself back across quick enough.

West Lothian men injected subs and new pace after the break, halving the deficit from a direct freekick, disputing an equaliser off a flick ruled out for offside, and frankly were basically camped around the Seasiders box by the end. However no equaliser materialised and they return westward with 0pts as Dunbar sit pretty on 6pts.

Victors played well throughout - especially 1st half - and will be delighted with their exciting start to 2021-22.

Halftime analysis among the schoolboys behind the goal decided the visitors were "Broxburn Pathetic" and "as bad as Rotherham". That certainly would have felt unfair after FT - but they undeniably have room for improvement.

Can’t disagree with much of that.  The disallowed goal was a shocker by the Linesman (almost a carbon copy of Dunbars 2nd).

Dreadful first half by Brox cost them the game and will need to improve rapidly if they don’t want to be in a relegation scrap this year (especially if 5 go down).

1 hour ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Can’t disagree with much of that.  The disallowed goal was a shocker by the Linesman (almost a carbon copy of Dunbars 2nd).

Dreadful first half by Brox cost them the game and will need to improve rapidly if they don’t want to be in a relegation scrap this year (especially if 5 go down).

Surely brox won't be in a relegation scrap

3 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

With potentially 5 going down any side that gets off to a bad start could find themselves in a relegation scrap very quickly. I've no idea if that could be Broxburn but it wouldn't be a shock if one of the league's bigger names find themselves in there, especially after the turmoil of the past 15 months. 

11 minutes ago, GordonS said:

With potentially 5 going down any side that gets off to a bad start could find themselves in a relegation scrap very quickly. I've no idea if that could be Broxburn but it wouldn't be a shock if one of the league's bigger names find themselves in there, especially after the turmoil of the past 15 months. 

With their being 34 games this season Gordon I fully expect the table to move about quite a bit. Even I'm not expecting Camelon to win the league lol. I would love too but as longs we keep ourselves away from the bottom with as you say that trap door opening

1 minute ago, yessiricanboogie said:

With their being 34 games this season Gordon I fully expect the table to move about quite a bit. Even I'm not expecting Camelon to win the league lol. I would love too but as longs we keep ourselves away from the bottom with as you say that trap door opening

What scenario would result in 5 teams being relegated... thought it was only 4?

4 minutes ago, MulgrewTwenty2 said:

What scenario would result in 5 teams being relegated... thought it was only 4?

I think one coming down from the LL (Vale of Leithen, for instance) and none going up either because the league winner loses the promotion play-off or isn't licensed.

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I think one coming down from the LL (Vale of Leithen, for instance) and none going up either because the league winner loses the promotion play-off or isn't licensed.

Ah okay thank you, quite brutal on whoever the 5th team may be if that is the case

Edited by MulgrewTwenty2

4 hours ago, yessiricanboogie said:

I would hope not but the performance in the first half wasn’t even as good as “pathetic”.  Second half much better but can’t give any team in this league two goals of a start.

Winning and Losing is a mentality issue at this level and Brox need to change it around quickly.

5 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

I would hope not but the performance in the first half wasn’t even as good as “pathetic”.  Second half much better but can’t give any team in this league two goals of a start.

Winning and Losing is a mentality issue at this level and Brox need to change it around quickly.

Next game is where we need to get some points

Dundonald jump top. Dunbar impress. HofB slide bottom.

Tuesday 20th July 2021
Dunbar United 2-1 Broxburn Athletic
Linlithgow Rose 6-1 Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Musselburgh Athletic 2-0 Sauchie
Newtongrange Star 1-1 Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic 1-0 Crossgates Primrose
Tranent 3-0 Lothian Thistle HV
Tynecastle 2-2 Jeanfield Swifts
Whitehill Welfare 3-4 Camelon

Wednesday 21st July 2021
Blackburn United 0-2 Dundonald Bluebell

1378167234_EPJul17.JPG.d6dc80020bb3a5ffdbcc2bb48c82636c.JPG

Saturday 24th July 2021
Blackburn United v Hill of Beath Hawthorn
Dunbar United v Camelon
Linlithgow Rose v Inverkeithing Hillfield Swifts
Musselburgh Athletic v Crossgates Primrose
Newtongrange Star v Jeanfield Swifts
Penicuik Athletic v Lothian Thistle HV
Tranent v Dundonald Bluebell
Tynecastle v Sauchie
Whitehill Welfare v Broxburn Athletic

3 hours ago, GordonS said:

Is @Burnieclub78 collating attendances this season? I see he hasn't posted since last April, so presumably not.

Unfortunately he's had to step away.

RyanMusselburgh on Twitter stepped into the void to cover the LL and EoSFL. Who I believe might post on here but can't recall the username.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

Is @Burnieclub78 collating attendances this season? I see he hasn't posted since last April, so presumably not.

David has stepped back from both Blackburn and collating attendances due to ongoing health issues.  Hope to see him back at some point in the future.

11 hours ago, newcastle broon said:

Funny we are kinda thinking the same ;)

From a Welfare point of view I’d be hoping that Camelon side were going to be challenging near the top. Welfare coped reasonably well for an hour but faded badly after their equaliser and the sending off. Both defences were poor though. Seven goals and the coaches would have been tearing their hair out at most of them. The free kick was a peach and was more fit to win a game than a consolation. Tolmie’s experience looks crucial  and young Fyn Connor in midfield has developed well since he was in the 20s. Amazed to see Wayno still running after 90 minutes, even if dropping back into midfield.

1 hour ago, The Mantis said:

From a Welfare point of view I’d be hoping that Camelon side were going to be challenging near the top. Welfare coped reasonably well for an hour but faded badly after their equaliser and the sending off. Both defences were poor though. Seven goals and the coaches would have been tearing their hair out at most of them. The free kick was a peach and was more fit to win a game than a consolation. Tolmie’s experience looks crucial  and young Fyn Connor in midfield has developed well since he was in the 20s. Amazed to see Wayno still running after 90 minutes, even if dropping back into midfield.

I think the quality of defenders has generally dropped. I remember when sluddy was the manager their was a real struggle to find centre half particularly. Although i think that's the area we really improved on from last year. We were poor I'd probably say since the team got together that first half hour was the worst I've seen us play. The 10 min stoppage in play killed both teams along with the heat and its a fairway travel for some of our boys mid week.  Our 2nd goal was a belter and probably our first goal aswell euan managed to beat a couple of ur boys and get a shot away. We didn't kick on until the 2nd half. The gaffer won us the game by keeping the 2 strikers on. If he had have done what most would have done and stuck a midfielder on for a striker I think we would have lost the game

23 minutes ago, yessiricanboogie said:

I think the quality of defenders has generally dropped. I remember when sluddy was the manager their was a real struggle to find centre half particularly. Although i think that's the area we really improved on from last year. We were poor I'd probably say since the team got together that first half hour was the worst I've seen us play. The 10 min stoppage in play killed both teams along with the heat and its a fairway travel for some of our boys mid week.  Our 2nd goal was a belter and probably our first goal aswell euan managed to beat a couple of ur boys and get a shot away. We didn't kick on until the 2nd half. The gaffer won us the game by keeping the 2 strikers on. If he had have done what most would have done and stuck a midfielder on for a striker I think we would have lost the game

Fair points. From where we were up at the top end your first two looked a horrorshow for the keeper, first the guy was allowed to cut in from the left, and his shot was a good couple of yards inside the post. Second goal, some have said it was a good strike, but from our angle it didn't look that strong, just looked like it went through the keeper. Shame there's no highlights though, enjoyable game.

2 hours ago, Burnieman said:

David has stepped back from both Blackburn and collating attendances due to ongoing health issues.  Hope to see him back at some point in the future.

5 hours ago, FairWeatherFan said:

Unfortunately he's had to step away.

RyanMusselburgh on Twitter stepped into the void to cover the LL and EoSFL. Who I believe might post on here but can't recall the username.

I'm very sorry to hear that, David comes across as a good guy and the service he was doing for non-league football was impressive. Wishing him all the best.

Do you know if Ryan is looking for folk to give him numbers or are they coming through official routes?